Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...

Reply #2350 Posted: September 29, 2013, 08:48:31 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...

Reply #2351 Posted: October 02, 2013, 10:32:09 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.

Reply #2352 Posted: October 06, 2013, 05:28:36 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

What have I done to make most of it look like I moved while taking the photo, however the middle of it is fine?

Reply #2353 Posted: October 12, 2013, 08:03:27 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Photoshop?

Jk

Actually looks like a very shallow depth of field?
Do you have like a 50mm lens with like a ~1.8 f stop or is it some kind of fluke?

Reply #2354 Posted: October 12, 2013, 09:10:22 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Emrico1;1533116
Photoshop?

Jk

Actually looks like a very shallow depth of field?
Do you have like a 50mm lens with like a ~1.8 f stop or is it some kind of fluke?

That or shot at 300mm or near ... will cause that at anything under F11ish

Reply #2355 Posted: October 12, 2013, 09:37:56 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Image wasn't modified at all, it would've been about 30cm and pretty low f stop, still only adjusting to this lens, it's so much better than the kit lens which I've been using until recently.

Reply #2356 Posted: October 14, 2013, 10:20:24 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted

Reply #2357 Posted: January 19, 2014, 07:13:23 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
welcome back .. like you MCC i too have missed this

T H E  |  R E E F by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Reply #2358 Posted: January 19, 2014, 07:41:01 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #2359 Posted: January 19, 2014, 08:03:17 pm

Offline Demandred

• Game Server Admin
  • Demandred has no influence.
me too! great to see it back!

Reply #2360 Posted: January 19, 2014, 10:57:24 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Hooned Auckland zoo, my son had a blast!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jvsphotos/11960800706/#
Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:21:29 am by winter

Reply #2361 Posted: January 20, 2014, 09:18:52 am

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
Hi guys, lovely shots!

View from the bach, Ohiwa Harbour, 3 shot pano

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7373/12045112634_96cc4a03b2_o.jpg
Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:32:46 pm by bigROBOTbill

Reply #2362 Posted: January 20, 2014, 06:20:52 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
That is one fine looking spot, also a great photo!

DSC_0421 by faulkick, on Flickr

I have walked in to this same web about three times over the last week. Luckily all in the morning once the spider has gone away, still freaks me out.

VH (15 of 15).jpg by faulkick, on Flickr

Also had my first attempt at firework photography while I was down at Victor Harbour (pictured in my last post). Not fantastic but definitely some knowledge to use for next time. I bumped up the ISO a lot after my first few shots as I couldn't figure out what to do and just wanted to get some form of a shot. :P

Reply #2363 Posted: January 20, 2014, 11:25:42 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
A few from tonight

W I N D  &  T I D E by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

T H E  |  R U S H by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Reply #2364 Posted: January 21, 2014, 11:48:38 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Lighter on my desk.

Reply #2365 Posted: January 26, 2014, 03:18:21 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member

Reply #2366 Posted: January 29, 2014, 09:46:57 am

Offline 3viction

• Addicted
  • 3viction has no influence.
When the 2 Emirates A380s got diverted to CHC International last year

Emirates A380 CHC INTL by 3viction, on Flickr

Emirates A380 CHC INTL by 3viction, on Flickr

Reply #2367 Posted: January 29, 2014, 01:38:06 pm
snprkd

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Got in my first sunrise shot on the weekend, two exposures merged in PS with a mask etc.. this was shot on my 600D with my 18-55mm kit lens, forgot my tripod lolol.

Getting some new gear in the next couple of weeks so looking forward to shooting my next sunrise with even better gear! :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jvsphotos/12167412954/#

CC and other comments welcome <3

Reply #2368 Posted: January 29, 2014, 02:29:08 pm

Offline 3viction

• Addicted

C I T Y | S T A R S by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Dead, what kind of settings are you using for a shot like that? (Maybe you've hidden EXIF data).
I've been struggling to find the right point, this shot had really high iso because I was trying to avoid the star trails, bit blurry though and I didn't have a tripod which made it difficult.
F/9 60secs 6400iso should I be bumping down the aperture so I can use a lower exposure/iso?

Totaranui Night by 3viction, on Flickr

Reply #2369 Posted: January 30, 2014, 06:12:54 pm
snprkd

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted

Dead, what kind of settings are you using for a shot like that? (Maybe you've hidden EXIF data).
I've been struggling to find the right point, this shot had really high iso because I was trying to avoid the star trails, bit blurry though and I didn't have a tripod which made it difficult.
F/9 60secs 6400iso should I be bumping down the aperture so I can use a lower exposure/iso?

I do mine at f2.8, 30sec and about 400iso, then some exposure and contrast adjustment in lightroom. f9 is too dark, and 60 sec too long as you will end up with streaks of stars as the earth rotates.

Pine Tops by mcctravels, on Flickr

Reply #2370 Posted: January 30, 2014, 08:03:19 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Got in my first sunrise shot on the weekend, two exposures merged in PS with a mask etc.. this was shot on my 600D with my 18-55mm kit lens, forgot my tripod lolol.

Getting some new gear in the next couple of weeks so looking forward to shooting my next sunrise with even better gear! :D

CC and other comments welcome <3

IMO its too red. Like... cool and all, but too processed for me, looks like one of those funny HDR's. I think that's a bit personal preference though.

What new gears you getting?

Reply #2371 Posted: January 30, 2014, 08:04:21 pm

Offline 3viction

• Addicted

I do mine at f2.8, 30sec and about 400iso, then some exposure and contrast adjustment in lightroom. f9 is too dark, and 60 sec too long as you will end up with streaks of stars as the earth rotates.

Pine Tops by mcctravels, on Flickr

Yeah I was trying to avoid the streaks, figured my aperture must have been a bit high. Would have to use my 50mm 1.8 to get a low aperture like yours. What time was that photo taken?
Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:13:23 pm by 3viction

Reply #2372 Posted: January 30, 2014, 08:11:46 pm
snprkd

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
50mm will be too zoomed. f3.5 would do with a wider lens (say 18mm?) Mr. Meat once explained some light/lens rule which means the more zoom, the shorter time period for stars to streak. At 18mm they streak a little with a 30 sec exposure, but at 50mm they streak quite a bit.

I think photo was taken about 9pm, but it was in the middle of winter outside of Auckland (at Riverhead Forest) where there is less ambient light. It was also a pretty cool night, which helps with clarity.

Reply #2373 Posted: January 30, 2014, 09:13:17 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
The downside with using 50mm f1.8 is the fact you have to keep your shutter speed short to stop the star trails .. which in turn causes you to push your iso causing "noise" there is a formula for lenses and "size"

max exposure time = 1000 devided by focal length

So
10mm   : 100 secs
20mm   : 50 secs
50mm   : 20 secs
100mm : 10 secs
300mm : 3.3 secs

.. you wanna keep your aperture as high as possible .. IE: 1.8 or F2.4 F2.8 F3.5 F4 ect ..

your best friend at night is wide angle as it will let more light in so if you have an 18-55 f4 ect .. but its good to experiment (the downside to using a wideangle such as a 10mm lens is that you will always get star movement towards the outside of your lens.

Lemme where your at in nz bro and i can always go out with you and give you some help or point you towards some friends around the country that are very proficient

Reply #2374 Posted: January 30, 2014, 09:19:33 pm