Topic: My thoughts on ICONZ CS scene.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
chillout annoys me because it has betting turned on.
ACS GG has begun to annoy me due to new stuipd maps that are full of gay gayness.
And the amount of people they pack into a single server. That annoys the hell out of me.
Too much carnage, less skill.

Reply #100 Posted: April 02, 2009, 11:27:23 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Netherai;913716
Well, I guess this is _one_ way of drawing attention to an issue, sure :P

I didn't know any of the grrls still played.
cash/fairy is off in BF2 land...
fembot to stuck in 2nd life...
laurasaur got married...
Slapper... well *shrug*.
kek's up and dissappeard while I was still playing. I guess wow claimed another one or something...

Infact, I blame WoW for the entire downfall of ICONZ CSS.

Reply #101 Posted: April 02, 2009, 11:30:49 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;915747

Too much carnage, less skill.

That's exactly what GG is.

No skill, just pure carnage.

Reply #102 Posted: April 02, 2009, 11:38:05 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
CARNAGE!!!

yeah its all about spam!

Reply #103 Posted: April 02, 2009, 12:24:53 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Meth0d

• I Posted!
  • Meth0d has no influence.
Quote from: INmOTION;915759
That's exactly what GG is.

No skill, just pure carnage.

Sounds like growler's sort of game.

Reply #104 Posted: April 02, 2009, 01:29:43 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Meth0d;915805
Sounds like growler's sort of game.

Sounds like you're a 2yr old who can't seem to get over it.

You do realise the more attention to pay to Growler, the harder his penis gets?

Reply #105 Posted: April 02, 2009, 01:31:05 pm

Offline Meth0d

• I Posted!
  • Meth0d has no influence.
Quote from: INmOTION;915807
Sounds like you're a 2yr old who can't seem to get over it.

You do realise the more attention to pay to Growler, the harder his penis gets?

Haha. I knew that would get a bite out of someone lol.  :bounce:

Oh an Growler's been rock hard for years...

Reply #106 Posted: April 02, 2009, 01:34:09 pm

Offline Heswe

• Addicted
  • Heswe has no influence.
Hmmm, I thought I may as well add a line to this. I cant advocate what Growler says enough, I miss the old days when Iconz was a great place to come and game and we would actually witness the change of maps! This is something that has infected the whole CS:S scene though, I can never find a Vanilla server anymore. Its always gungame this, deathmatch that or (got forbid) Dust_2. How did this happen again? I remember when good ol' classic CS ended up here, all servers playing the same maps. If Iconz provided the servers as I remember them (Just pretty much managed on Mani and before stats) and with a full rotation (I mean, none of us have played any of these levels in so long that I dont even think people would complain about Aztec or anything) and that would be enough. Remember when simple was enough?

Ill concede that I only read 2 pages of this thread, but I think the main jist of this idea was contained there. This is the first time Ive checked Iconz in 4 months or something, I think it was good timing. Viva la Vanilla!

Reply #107 Posted: April 13, 2009, 06:57:46 pm
"One day people love you more than they\'ve ever loved anything in the world. And the next,
you\'re in front of a courthouse dancing on top of a car." - Dave Chapelle

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;915750
I didn't know any of the grrls still played.
cash/fairy is off in BF2 land...
fembot to stuck in 2nd life...
laurasaur got married...
Slapper... well *shrug*.
kek's up and dissappeard while I was still playing. I guess wow claimed another one or something...

You forgot Frosty

Reply #108 Posted: April 13, 2009, 07:42:36 pm

Offline xqlaim

• I Posted!
  • xqlaim has no influence.
To be completely honest

"I" and i'm sure there are many others around, are getting sick of seeing all the DD2 servers. And not being able to play scrim maps like inferno outside of a scrim or pug.

There are no decent servers out there that provide a solid rotation to attract more players. This is where, I hope, ICONZ comes in. If you're looking for a change, I would see this as the way to go with a decent map rotation and a rotating DM server perhaps.

Reply #109 Posted: April 15, 2009, 07:41:15 am

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
We've always had a regular rotational server, it never ever ever ever left. I don't understand why everyone has it in their mind that we only offer dd2 24/7. Don't say its because thats the only one populated either, because you guys are the ones who are populating it instead of the servers you supposedly want.

Reply #110 Posted: April 15, 2009, 08:29:51 am

Offline Into The Void

• Devoted Member
  • Into The Void has no influence.
The noobs and kiddies home from school during the day populate it and later in the afternoon/evening it's already full. CBF starting a new server up.

Reply #111 Posted: April 15, 2009, 10:45:39 am

Offline Slapper

• Addicted
  • Slapper has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;915750

Maybe so, but man does it rock!

I'm over CSS, have been for a very long time. I no longer enjoy the game, nor the vast majority of the people it attracts... When they release a new one I may consider playing it again, but for now, I'm perfectly content playing WoW :knife:

Reply #112 Posted: April 15, 2009, 11:46:50 am
*GrrL Resurrection*

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Into The Void;921634
The noobs and kiddies home from school during the day populate it and later in the afternoon/evening it's already full. CBF starting a new server up.

This, so I go play on chillout or GG

Reply #113 Posted: April 15, 2009, 12:10:56 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Raped_ByA_Spoon

• Addicted
  • Raped_ByA_Spoon has no influence.
Quote from: DDM;921583
We've always had a regular rotational server, it never ever ever ever left. I don't understand why everyone has it in their mind that we only offer dd2 24/7. Don't say its because thats the only one populated either, because you guys are the ones who are populating it instead of the servers you supposedly want.

You force teams on the server.
You allow Awps / auto which allot of people have issues with.
If I am not mistaken some of the maps on them suck

To be frank Iconz went through a elite bs phase, and it hasnt seemed to emerge from that.

You do not have the set up as it once was, so dont pretend you do.

Reply #114 Posted: April 15, 2009, 04:43:47 pm
Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
I'm not pretending its the same as it used to be. I'm simply pointing at that so far all i've seen is people bitching and moaning and then saying they "cbf starting up another server".

It's quite obvious that the vast majority of you don't actually care, you just like to have a whinge.

A conversation was had in the admin forums and we came to the conclusion that some server changes were in order but that the infamous DD2 24/7 server must stay as it is.

Also, the "noobs and kiddies" Void mentions are the future gamers, it's obvious they enjoy our dd2 24/7 server and so their gaming needs are catered for. The regulars (all you other guys) voted for the current setup but have yet to make use of it on a regular basis.

Reply #115 Posted: April 15, 2009, 06:22:04 pm

Offline Sign

• Just settled in
  • Sign has no influence.
just to say. With whatever the plan is for the servers no awp and ff on is a must and making a map rotation would be the be dam good.

Reply #116 Posted: April 16, 2009, 03:28:25 pm

Offline Ehoa

• Just settled in
  • Ehoa has no influence.
Rather than find fault with the DD2 , ... as a matter of interest , whats wrong with iconz #2 and #3 ?

I used to like playing those personally (well dying on them) , but no-one plays on them ?:disappoin

Reply #117 Posted: April 18, 2009, 06:22:53 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Quote from: Ehoa;923251
Rather than find fault with the DD2 , ... as a matter of interest , whats wrong with iconz #2 and #3 ?

I used to like playing those personally (well dying on them) , but no-one plays on them ?:disappoin

true true no one is ever on them

it seems like dd2 is the only one with players so i go there and get pwned

Reply #118 Posted: April 18, 2009, 08:50:07 pm

Offline Dark-Force

• Just settled in
  • Dark-Force has no influence.
Office servers kick ass !

Reply #119 Posted: April 19, 2009, 10:04:46 pm

Offline xqlaim

• I Posted!
  • xqlaim has no influence.
OFFICE. I must say I whore it proudly :D

Reply #120 Posted: April 20, 2009, 02:26:26 am

Offline Growler

Quote from: maorifulla;923287
true true no one is ever on them

Because the setup on them is shit.

Reply #121 Posted: April 20, 2009, 10:28:52 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Randomized

• Addicted
  • Randomized has no influence.
Quote from: DDM;921814
A conversation was had in the admin forums and we came to the conclusion that some server changes were in order but that the infamous DD2 24/7 server must stay as it is.

Also, the "noobs and kiddies" Void mentions are the future gamers, it's obvious they enjoy our dd2 24/7 server and so their gaming needs are catered for. The regulars (all you other guys) voted for the current setup but have yet to make use of it on a regular basis.

TBH Iconz CS:S scene is so dead even rearranging the servers is going to do squat to draw the players back.  Or if it did it would only be a fleeting interest.

So with that in mind you may as well cater to your "future gamers" and have 2 DD2 24/7 servers, 2 Office 24/7 servers and the last server might as well be a DD2 / Office rotation server.

R.I.P Iconz cs

Reply #122 Posted: April 21, 2009, 12:52:21 am

Offline Ehoa

• Just settled in
  • Ehoa has no influence.
Quote from: relworG;923798
Because the setup on them is shit.

but it wouldnt take much to change to what you were asking , would it bud ?

Reply #123 Posted: April 21, 2009, 01:06:32 am

Offline lapampa

• Just settled in
  • lapampa has no influence.
Gungame take skill...........it just damages your mouse button from firing so fcken much!!!!;)

Something needs to be done.........we sound like a bunch of politicians in government just talking, discussing and nothing gets done!!

PS Real men drink meths!!

Reply #124 Posted: April 21, 2009, 08:47:05 am