Topic: DayZ General Chat

Obble

I don't play with anyone/or help anyone, nor have i ever seen you ingame, nice try idiot.

Reply #25 Posted: May 31, 2012, 09:42:01 pm

Offline EuphoricBliss

• Devoted Member
  • EuphoricBliss has no influence.
you wouldn't know if you'd seen me in game

Reply #26 Posted: May 31, 2012, 10:09:35 pm
Quote from:
I\'mma smash you IRL, buddy. You better finnish up that line cause you\'re gonna need to be in another state of mind to deal with the pain once I\'m done with you.

Obble

I think you're being a bit of a $ent here mate.

Ive dealt with your kind before.

:confused:

Reply #27 Posted: May 31, 2012, 10:15:11 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Spent a good few hours lone-wolfing it to the NW Airfield this evening, acquired an AK-74 on the way up, and a whole lot of nice loot. Got there and chilled for a bit, arranged to meet with some randoms but of course, didn't tell them exactly was, just said I was in the general area, then a few minutes later, see some guy cap another guy. So I watched him for a while from the roof of the fire station, kept a low profile so I wouldn't be seen and was going to kill him as I'd given him plenty of chances to identify himself, but with no response every time. As he got within accurate AK range from the building, he just stopped, in a prone position, facing the building, I didn't want to get up(I was prone behind a knee high wall on the buildings roof) as he could've killed me by the time my guy had stood up. I waited for a few minutes, but he didn't move, then out of no where, without any warning, I start getting shot from the airfield control tower, so I quickly spun around and tried to crawl to cover, but alas, it was to late. I was unconscious before I could make it to cover, and dead a second later. I did not know who the person I was tracking was, nor the other who could've been watching me the entire time. I guess I wasn't angry or anything at being killed, 'cause it's all part of the game; you die, you start again, I was just a bit annoyed that I didn't know the persons name, or what reason they had for shooting me, but, it's cool.

TL;DR: DayZ
Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:36:08 am by Dr. Acula

Reply #28 Posted: June 02, 2012, 12:17:27 am
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Jumped on for the first time.

Spawned where ever, Right next to some road and small factory / town thingie.

Spoiler :
At first, I can't see anything hostile. Just looks like i'm all alone in this zombie stricken world.
Then I see movement about 50m down the road, Zombie. So I decide that there is no way i'm moving past him.
So I start to head toward the other end of the road and see that there is another zombie. Shit.
Looting the little factory / town seems like the best bet, so I then move to the walled area of the factory, Then I see that theres a zombie no less than 5m away from me.
Backing up, I turn around, and walk straight into another zombie. My gaming instincts kick in, and I shoot him in the head. Realising what I had just done..

I legged it down the road, in which I said i'd never go.

With about 8 zombies chasing me, and slowly Heavily bleeding, I slowly take them off 1 by 1, while doing a backward sprint.
I manage to take them all out, but now have no ammo left. I start looting their bodies to see if one of them has a health pack or ammo ( I realise I started with health packs here ).
Then I see something hopping around. One of those bloody monkey zombies. I being to run, but with no ammo, I realise there isn't much I can do. So I stop, Turn around, and welcome my fate.
Fuck this games fun.

Reply #29 Posted: June 02, 2012, 12:34:05 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Quote from: `Kayne;1488308
Fuck this games fun.

Said it all.

Reply #30 Posted: June 02, 2012, 12:37:31 am
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
How do you bandage yourself? ^ pretty much the same story for me

First go, load in, I see some hunched over zombie running around so try to crouch and sneak away. Crouch no work, need to do key binds, and mouse feels very wrong. Zombie comes over, no time to sort keys out so I aim with the gun and then hit left click, throws a flare, WTF, a second zombie starts to comes over, i'm seeing this gun in my hand and firing and it throws another flare. At this point i'm frustrated and try to quit but the menu system makes no sense and I die.

Game #2. Load pretty much same place, can see a few buildings so head there, a few zombies so I sneak around and up to a door. Door doesn't work. Sneak to next building, none of the doors work. Okay, so there are no working doors in this 4th world country. Out of no where a zombie sprints up to me at breakneck unbelieveable speed, panicked I let off 3 rounds and kill it but not after I got hit. I scarp it but can hear a zombie so I keep legging it then turn and nail it. No more zombies after me but i'm bleeding out and have no idea how to heal so quit.

I will assume that when I resume either i'll still be bleeding or dead. I went through the keys and there is not heal/bandage key bind. How do I heal?

Reply #31 Posted: June 02, 2012, 08:19:44 am
- badfox

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Quote from: oefox;1488317
How do you bandage yourself?

Scrolling Mousewheel brings up actions you can perform, including bandages.

Reply #32 Posted: June 02, 2012, 08:26:38 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Fubar

• Devoted Member
  • Fubar has no influence.
Quote from: EnjoyTheSauce;1488318
Scrolling Mousewheel brings up actions you can perform, including bandages.

That was changed. You have to right click the bandage in your gear screen

Reply #33 Posted: June 02, 2012, 09:30:34 am

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Lol fox I'll try join a game with you I seem to go lone wolf now as ppl just shoot me in the back

Reply #34 Posted: June 02, 2012, 09:41:18 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
@fox best to get your setup and controls in the arma2 training section before you jump in.

this will help you

Reply #35 Posted: June 02, 2012, 10:33:36 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I'm downloading dayz now.

IT BETTER BE GOOD OR IMA SPAM SOME ASS PIKZ

Reply #36 Posted: June 02, 2012, 11:55:59 am

Obble

Quote from: mycoolcar;1488347
I'm downloading dayz now.

IT BETTER BE GOOD OR IMA SPAM SOME ASS PIKZ

Survival version of PR tbhiesh.

Reply #37 Posted: June 02, 2012, 12:12:17 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
gime a tank, ill b pro.

Worroms updater thing is pro. So much easy.

Reply #38 Posted: June 02, 2012, 12:13:23 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: mycoolcar;1488353
gime a tank, ill b pro.

Totes, although it just updated to 1.7 and now I can't play :/

Might have a raz on single player, I cbf figuring out how to roll back the update

//edit nope, will have to if I want to play at all :\

//edit2 fuck. Whole thing has failed. Sigh. Alpha
Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:24:13 pm by Emrico1

Reply #39 Posted: June 02, 2012, 12:14:19 pm

Offline Emrico1

Rage. Chow, outside.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z264/Emrico1/wtf-1.jpg
DayZ General Chat

Reply #40 Posted: June 02, 2012, 12:31:17 pm

Obble

Quote from: mycoolcar;1488353
gime a tank, ill b pro.

You'll have to find your own gas m8

Reply #41 Posted: June 02, 2012, 12:40:45 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
hmm... i cant seem to get it installed.

Downloaded ARMA2: OA

Ran the DayZ updater, pointed at correct folder

Put the command into the steam launch option.

Selecting Combined Ops.

I get an error while launching, then ingame i can select a server but get this message ""You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.Chernarus"
"

Reply #42 Posted: June 02, 2012, 12:44:33 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Obble

Launched both arma2 and OA before doing that?

Also, copy the addons folder in arma2, to OA addons folder, fixed that for me.
Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:00:24 pm by Obble

Reply #43 Posted: June 02, 2012, 12:48:03 pm

Offline Emrico1

Reply #44 Posted: June 02, 2012, 12:55:36 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Hmm, i only downloaded OA, downloading arma2 now.

Then ill run both the games, run the updater, and see how i go

Reply #45 Posted: June 02, 2012, 01:11:10 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Emrico1

Don't run the updater bro, it's updating to 1.7 (mine didn't work)

It's easier to just download the files http://www.shacknews.com/file/31794/arma-2-combined-operations-dayz-alpha-1601

T
hen chuck them in the @dayz folder. Done.

Reply #46 Posted: June 02, 2012, 01:13:30 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
kk cheers dude.

Dayz folder under arma2 or OA?

And do i need to update my Arma2/OA installs with the 1.60 update

Reply #47 Posted: June 02, 2012, 01:15:36 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline weap0nX

• Just settled in
  • weap0nX has no influence.
1.7 works for me, only a few aus/nz servers running it atm though. also go here for installation tutorial if you need ---> http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=408

Reply #48 Posted: June 02, 2012, 01:25:56 pm
dayZ IGN - B-rad

Offline HandofBlood

• Just settled in
  • HandofBlood has no influence.
Quote from: DarkVirus;1488371
kk cheers dude.

Dayz folder under arma2 or OA?

And do i need to update my Arma2/OA installs with the 1.60 update

OA

Reply #49 Posted: June 02, 2012, 02:25:37 pm
i5-4670K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z87 Extreme4 | 8GB Corsair Dominator | EVGA/Asus GeForce GTX 680  SLi | 250GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | Corsair AX860i PSU | NZXT Phantom White