Topic: How to write resumes for creative media professionals?

Offline abbiecaroline

• I Posted!
  • abbiecaroline has no influence.
How to write resumes for creative media professionals?

Posted: April 29, 2013, 06:30:44 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
First, what's the capital of Spain?

Reply #1 Posted: April 29, 2013, 06:37:21 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Oddball bot?

Reply #2 Posted: April 29, 2013, 06:38:46 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bell;1524344
Oddball bot?

Just Oddball tbh

Reply #3 Posted: April 30, 2013, 12:43:26 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Why would we want to write resumes for creative media professionals? Shouldn't they be writing their own resumes?

Reply #4 Posted: April 30, 2013, 10:56:19 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: abbiecaroline;1524342
How to write resumes for creative media professionals?

use this template :)

http://www.meatspin.com

Reply #5 Posted: April 30, 2013, 11:34:42 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1524385
Why would we want to write resumes for creative media professionals? Shouldn't they be writing their own resumes?

McDonalds doesn't have a Resume writing course they can take....

Reply #6 Posted: May 01, 2013, 03:28:04 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
On a side note, one would be amazed at the amount of bog standard Arial fonted single/double white page black text lists of bullshit come in for a graphic design position.

Oh you're a graphic designer? Yeah, I can really tell by the way you've designed the shit out of this sexy CV. It attracts my attention so much it absorbs all my energy to the point where I don't want to read any more before I get to the middle of the first page. It's just too intense with creativity.

CREATIVE POSITION.
BE FUCKING CREATIVE.
APPLY CREATIVELY*

*(on paper. Don't rock up in drag, that would also [probably] not get you hired.)

Reply #7 Posted: May 01, 2013, 07:25:07 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1524556
On a side note, one would be amazed at the amount of bog standard Arial fonted single/double white page black text lists of bullshit come in for a graphic design position.

Oh you're a graphic designer? Yeah, I can really tell by the way you've designed the shit out of this sexy CV. It attracts my attention so much it absorbs all my energy to the point where I don't want to read any more before I get to the middle of the first page. It's just too intense with creativity.

CREATIVE POSITION.
BE FUCKING CREATIVE.
APPLY CREATIVELY*

*(on paper. Don't rock up in drag, that would also [probably] not get you hired.)

I'll send you a CV in a PowerPoint presentation that screams creativity! :congratulatory:

Reply #8 Posted: May 01, 2013, 07:39:24 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
XENOLIGHTNING
I'M FUCKING CREATIVE
BITCHES

Reply #9 Posted: May 10, 2013, 11:44:41 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Xenolightning;1525046
XENOLIGHTNING
I'M FUCKING CREATIVE
BITCHES

See, That CV stands out. I go through piles and piles of CV's each day (it's not my job, I just like the way they feel against my skin), and this one would catch my eye.

I would definitely pick it up, cover it in jam, and rub it over my body.

Reply #10 Posted: May 10, 2013, 12:02:42 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Go home, Spacemonkey.

You're drunk.

Reply #11 Posted: May 10, 2013, 12:07:00 pm