Topic: ARK #1 CHANGES

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Just wondering how you guys would feel if we done a restart/wipe on vanilla server and make it a bit better, now that there are plenty of new mods, and some better and different maps available. Moving to modded seems to be the trend.

Config
This server would have some slight changes to configs:
Enabled Battleye
Limited Tribes, 4 per tribe would keep things at an even playing field. Remember tribe alliances are available.
Max dinos per tribe = 80
Difficulty = 8 (max)
Havesting = x5
XP = x8
Level Cap = 200
Taming = x8
Dino count multiplier = 1.75
Max dinos tamed in server = 6000
Mating dino speed = 2.0
Egg Hatching speed = 30.0
Baby Mature speed = 30.0
Egg Laying Interval = 0.75
Crop Growth Speed = 2.0
Poop interval = 0.75

Rules:
Some rule changes/additions to current rules:
PVE but with PVP weekends, something like 7pm fri to 7pm sun. 
No Griefing, offline raiding, kidnapping, passive killing, building at spawn points/areas, scavenging, attacking/damaging while in PvE mode. When in PvP, mode then its free game.
Cave Building would be allowed. Mountain tops would not.

Voting for Changes
All changes of mods and maps would be voted on, see below.
Vote for your map, rank them from 1-6. 1 being your most preferred and 5 being your least.
Vote for you mods, rank them from 1-19, 1 being your most preferred and 19 being your least.
You don't need to rank each one, no rank will mean no vote.
All those people that put in their vote will get counted, if you missed it then that's just bad luck.

There are a couple of mods that might not work with the other, but I want to see what you like first before seeing if it works.
We will look at adding the top 6 mods chosen, to begin with. If we need to add a few more then so be it.

MAPS:
The Island (defaultstock ark map)
Valhalla
Terra Nova
Shigo Islands
The Earth
Apako Islands

MODS
As for mods, I have found some nice ones that would make things a bit more exciting and be more involved in the game. As well as some really great cosmetic items that can give your place a better look.

g4p
Advanced Architecture
Jurassic Ark
Ark Advanced
Offline Raid protector
Metal + Glass
Stairs mod with rounded walls
Ultimate Remote Control
Building xtras
Garden xtras
Valentine xtras
Bar Decor
MRRadTools.INC Content Pack
Extra ARK
Progressive Weapons & Tools
Pearl/oyster Bed
Cooking Extras
Central AC Unit
Laser Fence
Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:11:45 am by Gutty

Posted: February 20, 2016, 11:42:31 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
I guess I will start this off with what I like :p

MAPS:
6. The Island (defaultstock ark map)
2. Valhalla
5. Terra Nova
3. Shigo Islands
1. The Earth
4. Apako Islands

MODS

1. g4p
2. Advanced Architecture
3. Jurassic Ark
4. Ark Advanced
16. Offline Raid protector
5. Metal + Glass
6. Stairs mod with rounded walls
17. Ultimate Remote Control
7. Building xtras
8. Garden xtras
9. Valentine xtras
10. Bar Decor
11. MRRadTools.INC Content Pack
12. Extra ARK
13. Progressive Weapons & Tools
15. Pearl/oyster Bed
14. Cooking Extras
18. Central AC Unit
19. Laser Fence

Reply #1 Posted: February 21, 2016, 12:10:19 am

Offline Dumpy

• Dumpy has no influence.
Map The earth looks cool
As for mods they are all great have em all I say

Reply #2 Posted: February 21, 2016, 05:51:41 pm

Offline Myr

• I Posted!
  • Myr has no influence.
Interesting, as far as mods go whatever folks want. Looked through list and most of the ones you listed in your first few look all good.  :)

As far as maps go,

Looks like Earth is not fully working and the author has decided to finish another large project before more work on Earth. Will this cause any issues ?

Apako is in a similar state, if not more unfinished

Shigo Islands seems to have a very active author and folks seem to think it works quite well

Terra Nova has spawn issues but an active author as well.

So for me maybe Shigo Islands if we want a change or The Island again if not.

In saying all this I have only been on your server a week or 2. It is fairly quiet but you can see from the bases around that it had a pretty damn active group at some stage.
I only have a small wee base to loose if you wipe and restart others have many many hours invested.
I am happy to go along with majority and continue on server regardless of the decision.

Reply #3 Posted: February 21, 2016, 10:41:28 pm

Offline VonRippedoften

• Just settled in
  • VonRippedoften has no influence.
Hi Guys. Can't say I won't be gutted having to rebuild from scratch for the 3rd time in 3+ months but If others want to wipe I'm happy to work with the team.

Hate to say it guys but I wont be joining if Battleye is enabled. I've read way to many horror stories on the forums and done a fair amount of research Re- The Battleye EULA.

Many others feel this way and a search on Unofficial servers in ark should show a large proportion of unofficial servers have opted out.

My private info is important to me and and I won't sign that away to a third party anti cheat who demands full access to my data.
They promise they will be responsible with it but refuse to accept liability for any mistakes or provide any form of proof.
This is another issue for me because they have been known to ban on false positives.

Maybe I would have a greater sense of trust if the wildcard devs or Battleye had replied to even one of the questions I asked them on the forums.
Instead they have ignored many important questions and lumped them into a megathread amongst hundreds of non constructive posts.

I believe its quite obvious that I'm not a cheat user given the fact that my bases are quite simple, I don't have yards full of the highest lvl dinos and I haven't Killed a soul in the 3 + months I have been playing on your server.

Everything I have done is of a helpful community driven nature.

I just don't believe I should trust software that has such Vague terms and conditions (But installs wether you accept those terms or not) And has such a lack of transparency from support services associated with it.

Reply #4 Posted: February 22, 2016, 10:26:43 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
great feedback von, very interesting indeed. what are your thoughts on plugins and maps?

Reply #5 Posted: February 22, 2016, 07:03:37 pm

Offline VonRippedoften

• Just settled in
great feedback von, very interesting indeed. what are your thoughts on plugins and maps?

Thanks mate, It seems I have hit a brick wall in the forums simply trying to get BE to be a little more transparent about what they do and to explain why they void all liability re- false positives and data access or use/mis-use of private data. I understand they have to be careful about how they detect cheats. This I completely accept but some basic questions that will not compromise their efforts are also being ignored.
Doesn't help when people who are simply looking for drama rather that constructive debate flood the discussions with troll posts.

There are many great mods that we are currently missing out on but I guess you have to be selective based on server impact Re- performance, I'm all for new additions mate.
Alot of these maps however are WIP and are reliant on the author updating to current game version. I'll work with the community absolutely. I'm pretty sure I have made it clear I support you guys and Getsome above all else

Reply #6 Posted: February 22, 2016, 07:32:17 pm

Offline VonRippedoften

• Just settled in
P.S. The Earth map looks sweet but In comments, Spawns etc seem a little messed up. Did you see the new supply drop mod? Looks sweet if it works. No more drop sifting only to get a damn wooden foundation or silencer blueprint :-)

I'll find Ascention gun blueprint but, Nooooooooo!!!!! Not enough slots in fabricator.
Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:09:09 pm by VonRippedoften

Reply #7 Posted: February 22, 2016, 09:03:21 pm

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
Maps (In order of preference):

1:  The Island    Only because the dev's have already put a lot of effort into making sure the dino spawns, various biomes, and terrain geography/topography are well laid out and nicely balanced, there is a good selection of deep caves to explore, and with the upcoming version v236 update looming I would hate to have to go to any other server to be able to try out the "First 3 Bosses and Boss Arenas & Snow and Swamp caves".

2:  Valhalla    I liked the look of this map, the author did a good job at making it similar to the original and yet something that feels totally new and refreshing, although (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) AFAIK he hasn't included any deep caves like the caves on "The Island" map to explore yet.

And the rest of the maps I rate in no particular order.  As Von has already mentioned many of those maps are still WIP and some have issues with collision.  While I did like some of the features of Shigo Islands I really disliked the way the author made the cliffs so steep that it made most of the islands and small atoll's inaccessible from the sea, and the similarity between most of the spawns kind of reminded me of those old RTS multiplayer maps that have each player start out in almost identical spawns to ensure an even start.

MODS

1:  Extra ARK    For so long have I wanted hand-rails for sloped stairs and catwalks, large elevator + behemoth hatch = must have.
2:  Metal with Glass    This was my favorite mod on the Getsome server #2.
3:  Ark Advanced
4:  Bar Decor
5:  Stairs mod with rounded walls
6:  Building Xtras
7:  Progressive Weapons & Tools    Looks very interesting indeed.

Out of all the possible activities there are to do on ARK, I've always enjoyed the "building" aspect the most.  While I do like some of the features of the other mods, I am a believer in that old phrase that "less, is more".  I worry that if the server is over-saturated by too many mods that it may turn away potential new-comers for various reasons.  Such as not being able to download the mods directly from the server (connection always timeout's when attempting to download mods following a direct join to the server), and players will often opt to play on vanilla servers rather than wait for lengthy downloads to finish and install.

Server performance is also an issue when adding additional modded content, but there is also the issue of client-side PC performance and rendering.  I myself mainly play ARK on a laptop which can really only play ARK with playable frame-rates due to certain config/ini changes to my graphic's settings and lowering my DXlevel to 10 to optimize its performance.

Von also raises a good point about certain suspect sections of the EULA of BattlEye and the amount of data it demands to be privy to on your PC.

If/when a date is decided for the server to be reset could we get some pre-warning as I put a lot of solo hours into building our tribes tower-base and I always wanted to be the one to demolish it with C4 on the base leg's and watch it all fall down when the time came 8) which you are all most welcome to witness.

I currently have 1460hrs logged in ARK and at least 1350hrs of that was spent in "Getsome Vanilla #1" mostly building or helping out newcomers, the rest of those hours have been the Mrs playing on other servers using my steam account *roll's-eyes*  There's only one place I play ARK and that is Getsome, so whatever changes are made to the server the odds are I'll be around to stay.

But in the mean time, I've recently done some major work to our base and installed a liquor bar and elevator to top of the tower with glass platforms that was a WIP but I think I'll just leave it now.  You're all welcome to come around for a tour before it gets taken down, there's even a fully powered modern pirate-themed ship for ocean cruises.  ARK beer's are free and on the house ;)
Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:32:48 am by S][N

Reply #8 Posted: February 22, 2016, 10:19:49 pm

Offline VonRippedoften

• Just settled in
Still struggling to see straight since you gave me those beers.
Guys feel free to see less than half of what answers I have requested from BE on the Pinned BE post in official forums. Some arguments they have come with a fair and decent response. But some they keep side-stepping. There's a real minefield there with this type of EULA and I believe a line has to be drawn in the sand.

The more platforms/programs this kind of un restricted access (without liability/transparency) is accepted on, The more this kind of shit will become the normal. Ever downloaded bit torrent, Shared files on IRC? This is a threat to all of our privacy rights and not just game related.

Reply #9 Posted: February 22, 2016, 10:42:28 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
i dont use bittorrent but utorrent. and yes irc is back in the days aye. we still use irc but not for downloading lol.

After checking out what you mentioned, i think i will pass on BattleEye.

And yes SIN, i agree that less is more, valhalla could be the better map to play on as there are a few nice areas to play on. the dev that is working on that map is always ontop of changes. I think its the only other decent map getting updates.
that mod with the good drops also does work.

as for game performance, valhalla gives better frame rate. ad usually once youre loaded into the server with mods, its fine. i would adjust the timeout to a decent time to allow for downloads. there are some servers running around 6-8 mods and its quite a popular server.

yes i understand that people will go for vanilla over mods because of the downloading, mod people are on semi fast internet nowdays.
the mods do make for some better and exciting game.

loving the feedback :D

Reply #10 Posted: February 23, 2016, 12:01:45 am

Offline VonRippedoften

• Just settled in

Reply #11 Posted: February 24, 2016, 10:23:31 am

Offline VonRippedoften

• Just settled in
Yeah :-) I was talking to one of my good friends who works in I.T. about this battleye EULA and he sent me that link. Couldn't help but to share it around :-)

Reply #13 Posted: February 26, 2016, 09:37:43 am

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
The 'Human Cent-iPad' haha, well I've made the ARK equivalent, introducing the Dino-Quetzalpede:

Reply #14 Posted: February 26, 2016, 11:50:05 am

Offline RAZ13L

• I Posted!
  • RAZ13L has no influence.
MAPS:
6. The Island (defaultstock ark map)
2. Valhalla
5. Terra Nova
3. Shigo Islands
1. The Earth
4. Apako Islands

MODS

1. g4p
2. Advanced Architecture
3. Jurassic Ark
4. Ark Advanced
5. Metal + Glass
7. Building xtras
8. Garden xtras
9. Valentine xtras
10. Bar Decor
12. Extra ARK
15. Pearl/oyster Bed
14. Cooking Extras
18. Central AC Unit
19. Laser Fence

Reply #15 Posted: February 26, 2016, 05:20:52 pm

Offline Cheezey

• I Posted!
  • Cheezey has no influence.
MAPS:
1. Terra Nova
2. Valhalla
3. The Island
4. Shingo Islands
5. The Earth
6. Apako Islands

MODS

1. g4p
2. Advanced Architecture
3. Jurassic Ark
4. Ark Advanced
5. Metal + Glass
7. Building xtras
8. Garden xtras
9. Valentine xtras
10. Bar Decor
12. Extra ARK
15. Pearl/oyster Bed
14. Cooking Extras
18. Central AC Unit
19. Laser Fence
Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 07:23:30 pm by Bugz11

Reply #16 Posted: February 28, 2016, 10:58:11 am

Offline VonRippedoften

• Just settled in
Hi Guys,

Is this wipe definitely going to happen? I have been holding off building or doing anything since it would be pointless if a wipe is confirmed.

Reply #17 Posted: March 04, 2016, 10:31:24 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
I will be running the change tonight.

After doing some trials with mods and some issues with mods crashing on other servers. We might be looking at cosmetic changes.

Reply #18 Posted: March 04, 2016, 11:07:18 am

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
Hi Guys,

Is this wipe definitely going to happen? I have been holding off building or doing anything since it would be pointless if a wipe is confirmed.

I'm in the same position too.  I've stopped playing the game completely until I know whats happening and when.  I would like to continue playing, but with the uncertainty hanging over the server its hard to be motivated to do anything as it would be pointless to invest time and effort if a wipe is just around the corner.

Lately, there has been a small influx of new players that seem to be coming on regularly, whom we have been encouraging to stay and play to try and build up the player base in the server again.

If it is going to wipe I'd rather it sooner than later (Like a band-aid you gotta rip that sucker! lol) so we at least have a goal to work towards (rebuilding and taming replacement dino's/creatures).  Its gonna be a hard struggle to get back to where we are now, but I'm willing to work towards that goal.  The problem is the longer I am away from ARK the more and more I find my motivation to continue to play is starting to dwindle away.

I will be running the change tonight.

After doing some trials with mods and some issues with mods crashing on other servers. We might be looking at cosmetic changes.

Cheers for the update Gutty, I didn't see your message until after I finished writing this post.
Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:51:32 pm by S][N

Reply #19 Posted: March 04, 2016, 11:45:54 am

Offline courpse

• Game Server Admin
  • courpse has no influence.
0.o
I HAD NO WARNING OF THIS!?!?!?!

;)

Only just got back after months, tamed a bird, killed a bird, quit again.
So hard to get motivation to play ARK anymore, xD

Reply #20 Posted: March 04, 2016, 04:06:57 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
0.o
I HAD NO WARNING OF THIS!?!?!?!

;)

Only just got back after months, tamed a bird, killed a bird, quit again.
So hard to get motivation to play ARK anymore, xD

lier!!! I told you this was coming!!

Reply #21 Posted: March 04, 2016, 06:07:35 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
The server will be reset at 9pm tonight.

The mods will be the following, and is around 5gb in total. they are mainly cosmetic mods, I suggest subscribing to them first:
Difficulty 34+
Advanced Architecture
Jurassic Ark
Ark Advanced
Stairs mod with rounded walls
Ultimate Remote Control
Building xtras
Garden xtras
Valentine xtras
Bar Decor
MRRadTools.INC Content Pack
Extra ARK
Progressive Weapons & Tools
Pearl/oyster Bed

Reply #22 Posted: March 04, 2016, 08:13:21 pm

Offline Myr

• I Posted!
  • Myr has no influence.
5gig!!!

me and my rural broadband spit on you sir !

.* looks for spit on emote!!!

Reply #23 Posted: March 04, 2016, 10:15:34 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
seems to be the thing to do now days lol

Reply #24 Posted: March 04, 2016, 11:02:53 pm