Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Phlex

• Addicted
  • Phlex has no influence.
Had a good laugh at that clip, masterpiece :rasb:

Reply #350 Posted: December 19, 2009, 03:57:42 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: Spork;1039299
Which is almost as funny as the fact that liverpool got knocked out of the CL, and aren't looking too well for the EPL either.

Burnley. Enough said about the arses shot at the title.:chuckle:

Reply #351 Posted: December 19, 2009, 04:09:52 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Liverpool were totally outplayed by Portsmouth just now, they are in deep deep shit aswell, need to start winning a lot of games if they want to have any chances of doing anything this season.

Although Arsene Wenger did say he wants to buy in the January transfer window, I think Torres would fit in quite nicely at Arsenal, especially considering his close friendship with Fabregas! ;)

Reply #352 Posted: December 20, 2009, 05:06:46 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1039535

Although Arsene Wenger did say he wants to buy in the January transfer window, I think Torres would fit in quite nicely at Arsenal, especially considering his close friendship with Fabregas! ;)

hahahaha heep dreaming buddy! :P

Liverpool are goneskis and if they dont survive the premiership especially after losing to last place portsmouth i think he will definately do to another club

but i think it will be a spanish club that will pick him up suck as real or barca!

I actually think the real danger teams in the premiership (if they can keep their consistency) are aston villa and spurs

lol at man u and fullham

Benitez will be gone within the next fortnight

Reply #353 Posted: December 20, 2009, 10:53:47 am

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Man U got smashed and Poor Liverpool :(

Chelsea got West Ham should be a very intense game.

Man City vs Sunderland = game of week. 4-3 good to see lots of goals and a tight game

Reply #354 Posted: December 20, 2009, 11:04:40 am

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Quote from: R3DM@N;1039585
Man U got smashed and Poor Liverpool :(

Chelsea got West Ham should be a very intense game.

Man City vs Sunderland = game of week. 4-3 good to see lots of goals and a tight game

FUCKERS :( stupid fulham heh heh

ah well go portsmouth;)

Reply #355 Posted: December 20, 2009, 11:18:49 am

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
in portsmouth defence they are coming back and they are an upcoming team with a bit of a budget injection etc. they almost beat chelsea!

Reply #356 Posted: December 20, 2009, 02:12:20 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Just incase any of you guys forgot, Arsenal beat Portsmouth 4-1.

Reply #357 Posted: December 20, 2009, 02:31:05 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
....and lost to Burnley and Chelsea!

Reply #358 Posted: December 20, 2009, 04:33:52 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: R3DM@N;1039720
....and lost to Burnley and Chelsea!

We drew with Burnley actually, the same Burnley who beat Man U btw.

And yea, we usually lose to the other 'top 4' teams.

Reply #359 Posted: December 20, 2009, 04:35:38 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
i was meant to say Sunderland my bad but hey! 2nd looking good - think those Man U crew be on a comeback now. A Villa and Spurs are scaringly close

Reply #360 Posted: December 20, 2009, 04:41:24 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: R3DM@N;1039727
i was meant to say Sunderland my bad but hey! 2nd looking good - think those Man U crew be on a comeback now. A Villa and Spurs are scaringly close

I don't see us dropping (m)any points in the coming games, the hardest we have is Villa but that is at the Emirates, and we will have both Sexy Cesc, and Bendy Bendtner back by then, so we should be able to get a win, then we have four or five relatively 'easy' matches until... We play Aston Villa again, which is a bit weird, but what ever. That is on the 27th Jan, so we have a month of games that we should win all of them, and by that time we will have played our game in hand (6th Jan against Bolton at the Emirates) and will be in second, or even first depending on how Chelsea take the loss of Didier and Essien (and one other???).

Reply #361 Posted: December 20, 2009, 09:22:44 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
yeah they have that african cup thing ay? fark cant believe we drew to West Ham ffs. We have Arsenal again on 7th feb or something i think at Stanford this time

Reply #362 Posted: December 21, 2009, 09:16:23 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: R3DM@N;1039960
yeah they have that african cup thing ay? fark cant believe we drew to West Ham ffs. We have Arsenal again on 7th feb or something i think at Stanford this time

Hahahahh, and to think you were paying me out about Sunderland, who are not really THAT bad. :P

To be fair, as everyone is saying, I believe most teams are a lot better this year, there is not going to be any easy away games, and even home games will be hard for a lot of the formerly known as top four teams. Sure at the end of the season I still believe the top four will remain the same, with maybe Liverpool 5th or 6th, but I don't see Arsenal Chelsea nor Man U dropping down.

Reply #363 Posted: December 21, 2009, 02:20:53 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Chelsea has Birmingham away this weekend aswell, that is not going to be an easy fixture!

Heres to hoping for you to drop a few points.

Reply #364 Posted: December 21, 2009, 02:44:30 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Its a real season where there is no predictable outcome, which is good

Reply #365 Posted: December 21, 2009, 05:48:59 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I'm still going for either Arsenal or Chelsea.

Or more, they are the teams whom I think will win. I do not want Chelscum to win.

Reply #366 Posted: December 22, 2009, 02:09:52 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: TofuEater;973948
So do i. I just dropped some money on them at $6.50 to win the Premiership. If you know anything about Arsenal you'll know that this is the time when they shine.

I know it's still real early, only mid-season, but I really do believe this could work out.

Reply #367 Posted: December 23, 2009, 02:49:56 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
I have tbh

Chelsea will win the premiership in a canter, they havent even hit top form yet

i think the battle for second will be very interesting though

Reply #368 Posted: December 23, 2009, 05:29:40 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: maorifulla;1041288
I have tbh

Chelsea will win the premiership in a canter, they havent even hit top form yet

i think the battle for second will be very interesting though

No chance, you could play the form game with any team, who is to say Chelsea will play at their highest level at all this season? Maybe something isn't working out for them. Sure they are top, but anyone can see that all of the big teams are dropping way more points than they should.

Reply #369 Posted: December 23, 2009, 05:49:34 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
What's that now Chelsea... 1 win in 7 games? Lol.

For saying that I may as well bet on Arsenal losing tomorrow night.. :P

Good week for football though, the next gameday starts on England Monday (tuesday for all us oceanic peoples), then some on tuesday, and Arsenal again on Wednesday/ our Thursday!

Action packed week.

Reply #370 Posted: December 27, 2009, 04:07:11 am

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
what? Least they been draws at least - not losses. Im going for A.Villa with consistency and hopes but yeah we see tomorrow i guess :D

Reply #371 Posted: December 27, 2009, 09:43:49 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: R3DM@N;1042239
what? Least they been draws at least - not losses. Im going for A.Villa with consistency and hopes but yeah we see tomorrow i guess :D

Ah, one in five wins.

I seriously have to say, that game V Aston Villa, was the best game of football that I have ever watched, right up there with Chelsea Everton FA cup final which won me almost $400 last season.

I was beginning to expect it to drill out to a reasonably exciting 0-0 draw, but then that superb free kick from the fantastic Cesc Fabregas, then that break away with him and TW14, and sublime finish, and one more brilliant finish by Diaby brought us an amazing victory. Only downer is Fabregas went off injured (came on from the bench on the 55th minute, went off in the 80th, scored two goals and gifted us the victory - World Class game changer)

I have to say it, watch out Chelsea, watch out Man U! Arsenal are gunning for that top spot. ;)

Reply #372 Posted: December 28, 2009, 04:39:36 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Since beating Arsenal, Chelsea have not won in the league - losing once and drawing four games.

By contrast the Gunners have had four wins and a draw.

Just thought I would leave that here.

Reply #373 Posted: December 28, 2009, 03:56:52 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
We got you again in Feb should be interesting

Reply #374 Posted: December 28, 2009, 08:12:13 pm