Topic: Upgrade question

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I've had same rig for 3 or so years now. Have recently biffed a half gig SSD In and upgraded ram to 16 G. Rest of system is same

1055T x6
AMD HD6900

I've been out of the loop for a while, so instead of wading through screeds of contradictory Internet shit would anyone care to share what the vid card upgrade path is from where I am at.

Not interested in bleeding edge, just a bang for buck improvement

Cheers

Posted: February 19, 2015, 12:18:32 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I've had same rig for 3 or so years now. Have recently biffed a half gig SSD In and upgraded ram to 16 G. Rest of system is same

1055T x6
AMD HD6900

I've been out of the loop for a while, so instead of wading through screeds of contradictory Internet shit would anyone care to share what the vid card upgrade path is from where I am at.

Not interested in bleeding edge, just a bang for buck improvement

Cheers

More Giggapixies: $20
Racing Stripes: $15 (cause racing stripes make it go faster)
Flames: $30 (as above)

You are welcome ;)

(ps good to see you back)

Reply #1 Posted: February 19, 2015, 03:19:32 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Assuming a mid range budget, Radeon R290 (Drop down to 280 or up to 290x if budget varies)

Reply #2 Posted: February 19, 2015, 04:48:50 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Thanks for that. will check em out.

Reply #3 Posted: February 20, 2015, 04:46:04 am

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member
  • Hmmmgood has no influence.
Probably one of the best deals for new 290s at the mo,

https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=21381

Reply #4 Posted: February 21, 2015, 07:57:42 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Probably one of the best deals for new 290s at the mo,

https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=21381

Thanks for that. I'd seen that one. Good to know it's good value.

Now I just gotta get round to measuring the case to make sure I have room

Reply #5 Posted: February 22, 2015, 01:24:22 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

Very important that.. I got a new R280 last year and didn't do that.. had to get a new case :-)

Reply #6 Posted: February 22, 2015, 04:25:06 pm

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member
  • Hmmmgood has no influence.

No problem,yeah its a beast sized card hopefully should fit.

I made Baldy buy one awhile ago,hes loving it and hes a pretty fussy bastard.

Reply #7 Posted: February 22, 2015, 06:24:01 pm

Offline Baldesto

• Addicted
  • Baldesto barely matters.Baldesto barely matters.

No problem,yeah its a beast sized card hopefully should fit.

I made Baldy buy one awhile ago,hes loving it and hes a handsome bastard.

Reply #8 Posted: April 12, 2015, 11:11:46 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
hes a handsome bastard.
I don't think that word means what you think it means :-P

Reply #9 Posted: April 12, 2015, 11:15:32 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

hes a handsome bastard.
I don't think that word means what you think it means :-P

As in hand some sticks to me I want to poke my eyes out

Reply #10 Posted: April 12, 2015, 03:37:55 pm