Topic: SNAP Internet

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Just wondering if anyone has used snap before, snap.co.nz.

any issues with these guys? seems like pretty good deals

Im going to sign up to the Lightwave Home Ultimate plan :D

gigatown bebbeh!
Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 10:37:10 am by Gutty

Posted: March 21, 2015, 10:30:32 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
snap for last 6 years. They are awesome

Reply #1 Posted: March 21, 2015, 10:59:29 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Meesham

• Game Server Admin
  • Meesham has no influence.
I was with them for a number of years, they're awesome. I've only switched to Orcon in the past 6 months because I get a faster sync rate on their LLU gear at the local exchange (no fibre until 2018-2019).

Reply #2 Posted: March 21, 2015, 01:20:58 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Good ISP, solid rep, and one of the GS regulars works there.

But, there is very wide speculation that tomorrow it's going to be announced they've been purchased by 2 degrees, which if accurate may or may not change how awesome they are.

Reply #3 Posted: March 22, 2015, 09:29:33 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
no wai.................

mind you much rather 2 degrees than telespark or vodashit

Reply #4 Posted: March 23, 2015, 08:44:50 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Meesham

• Game Server Admin
I guess we'll find out in about an hour. I think Callplus buying 2degrees would make things interesting, but the current rumour is that 2degrees bought Snap for $26 million - http://techday.com/story/2degrees-no-not-sold-buying/
Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:18:39 am by Xsannz

Reply #5 Posted: March 23, 2015, 08:58:13 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
I guess we'll find out in about an hour. I think Callplus buying 2degrees would make things interesting, but the current rumour is that 2degrees bought Snap for $26 million - http://techday.com/story/2degrees-no-not-sold-buying/

yay for SNAP going down the SHitter not,

well at least you know that the Huawei based 2 degrees company will be watching your traffic from china with interest...

I was a happy Snap customer..  phoned SPARK this mornign (and i hate spark)  not sticking around to watch my favourite isp become a seething cesspool of shitness and support issues, not to mention for same price Spark currently have unlimited VDSL cheaper than SNAP..

Sorry Snap

Reply #6 Posted: March 23, 2015, 09:18:46 am

Offline Meesham

• Game Server Admin
Confirmed, Snap has been purchased by 2degrees:

2degrees has purchased ISP Snap and will launch fixed-mobile services later this year.

Snap CEO Mark Petri will join the 2degrees leadership team and lead the fixed services division.

2degrees workforce will expand to 900 people with 120 joining from Snap.
Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:22:07 am by Meesham

Reply #7 Posted: March 23, 2015, 10:04:33 am

Offline Meesham

• Game Server Admin
yay for SNAP going down the SHitter not,

well at least you know that the Huawei based 2 degrees company will be watching your traffic from china with interest...

I was a happy Snap customer..  phoned SPARK this mornign (and i hate spark)  not sticking around to watch my favourite isp become a seething cesspool of shitness and support issues, not to mention for same price Spark currently have unlimited VDSL cheaper than SNAP..

Sorry Snap

Yer I agree with you, I take back my recommendation for Snap now. The only experience I've had with 2degrees is when my wife was with them, their support staff were completely useless. It takes quite a bit to make her angry (with me usually being the cause) but she was shaking after getting off the call with them.

Reply #8 Posted: March 23, 2015, 10:07:38 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I seriously hope 2Degrees keeps SNAP's current structure intact.

SNAP's trading commodity is their incredible service, and with every ISP being shit purely because of their phone support and customer service they need to keep this, it's what lets them charge more than the bigger telcos.

But as time goes on, I feel 2Degrees are going to destroy it. They've purchased them for the sole purpose to compete with the other full service providers, and in order to compete with them, you need to make things as cheap and as profitable as possible.

Getting great service with an ISP that is cheap doesn't happen.

Reply #9 Posted: March 23, 2015, 10:51:12 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Article already states the merger of the call centers and offices..

Shit house begins.. also snap have known this was coming as they havent been agile enough with their pricing changes in the last 6 months to be competitive.

IE $90 dollar telecom VDSL for unlimited where snaps offering at the same price speed is 80gb

Reply #10 Posted: March 23, 2015, 10:58:37 am

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Got upgraded to Spark's Unlimited VDSL the other week(previously on Unlimited ADSL2+), and couldn't be happier. No throttling and a solid upload speed  8)

http://www.iforce.co.nz/i/wtheajzh.5v1.jpg
SNAP Internet

Reply #11 Posted: March 23, 2015, 12:30:55 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Growler

A lot of jumping the gun here..... funny stuff!

it's a merger of 2 protocols to form a bigger company, it's not like spark has taken over a smaller ISP to get their client base.

I have been on voda (cable) telecom (DSL & VDSL) snap (DSL & Fibre) and snap wins by a country fucking mile. Yes there are going to be changes, but do you seriously think the #1 ranked ISP for customer support is overnight going to turn into a clusterfuck?!

I have ALWAYS given companies a chance to find out for myself, you guys are slagging them off before the ink is even dry!!  Hipsters the lot of you, DIRTY HIPSTERS!!!

Reply #12 Posted: March 23, 2015, 12:57:22 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Hipsters the lot of you, DIRTY HIPSTERS!!!

Reply #13 Posted: March 23, 2015, 01:00:17 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!

Reply #14 Posted: March 23, 2015, 01:09:01 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
some of my current speedtests
Dunedin > Dunedin (snap)

I selected Dunedin as its the closest to me...
If I go with snap, and they have a server in Dunedin, could this be a gold mine for the ultimate 1gb speed?

Dunedin > Auckland (spark)

Reply #15 Posted: March 23, 2015, 01:27:06 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Two Degrees of Snaparation

Reply #16 Posted: March 23, 2015, 02:43:19 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
telecom unlimted vdsl i am pulling 32down and 12up with 6ms to local spark hub and 18-20ms to auckland from Rangiora near christchurch (technically the whop whops infrastructure wise)

Reply #17 Posted: March 24, 2015, 11:15:55 am

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
You guys are nubs.

Spark Fibre. 96/48, 2ms local, 6ms Auckland.

Reply #18 Posted: March 24, 2015, 12:23:32 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
but do you seriously think the #1 ranked ISP for customer support is overnight going to turn into a clusterfuck?!

Yes

Reply #19 Posted: March 24, 2015, 01:02:44 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
telecom unlimted vdsl i am pulling 32down and 12up with 6ms to local spark hub and 18-20ms to auckland from Rangiora near christchurch (technically the whop whops infrastructure wise)

Why are you not on fibre yet bitch? Enabled rolled it past your house just after I moved out!

Reply #20 Posted: March 24, 2015, 07:35:19 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Article already states the merger of the call centers and offices..

Was going to ignore your misinformed/speculative posts in this thread until I saw this.

Nowhere at all has there been any mention of the contact centres merging. ~30 2D staff will be moving in to the CHCH Snap office, and I'm pretty sure they aren't call centre related. Snap aren't taking any 2D staff in to the Snap broadband helpdesk, and neither is the opposite happening.

Obv can't say too much, but its BAU. No changes have been made, no changes are going to be made in ages as that shit takes time.

You never know, 2D could end up taking a lot of customer service related learnings from us and upping their game massively.

Shit house begins.. also snap have known this was coming as they havent been agile enough with their pricing changes in the last 6 months to be competitive.

Yeah, whatever. Its not all about being cheapest, its about best product, best value for money, and most of all best service, and our satisfaction ratings on those three points are market leading

Enjoy Spark
Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:51:37 pm by Speakman

Reply #21 Posted: March 24, 2015, 11:44:44 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
speakman, I signed up to snap :D

Reply #22 Posted: March 25, 2015, 12:42:22 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
speakman, I signed up to snap :D

:D

Reply #23 Posted: March 25, 2015, 01:31:46 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Why are you not on fibre yet bitch? Enabled rolled it past your house just after I moved out!

$$ unless your paying for it.

and thanks speakman I am enjoying Spark, same speed, same service, cheaper price, and i notice my ping does not skyrocket in peak times like it did with snap.

so service and cost wise your argument is null in my case
Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:08:04 am by Xsannz

Reply #24 Posted: March 25, 2015, 07:05:48 am