Topic: Titanfall General Chat

Offline gliss

• Just settled in
  • gliss has no influence.
No, I said local support (which it has out of both Aus and NZ), and dedicated servers (just the location of those servers is the issue...).

I am actively talking to the EA guys about this, and the local NZ disty as well. The good news is at least that the problem will be a giant one for Australia as well given the cable connection to Singapore is via Western Australia, so the ping time let alone the performance for anyone on the Eastern Border of Aus will be a giant clusterfuck. Of course, that just means it will be an even more giant, shall we say, titanic clusterfuck for us...
Yeah sorry that should say "At Launch".

Flip adsl Palmerston North
Southeast Asia   194ms
East Asia   197ms
West US   243ms
Content Delivery Network *   261ms
North Central US   288ms
South Central US   288ms
North Europe   335ms
East US   365ms
West Europe   700ms
Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:14:44 pm by gliss

Reply #75 Posted: February 01, 2014, 01:12:15 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Pretty much not even going to bother unless/until it gets AEST servers

Reply #76 Posted: February 01, 2014, 03:58:01 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Pretty much not even going to bother unless/until it gets AEST servers

Won't be buying until they do. At least this stops me from pre-ordering and makes me wait until trust worthy reviews are out (none these release day fluff reviews)

Reply #77 Posted: February 01, 2014, 04:10:28 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Probably a good that I didn't waste my money on BF4 then.

I got 80 hours out of bf4, so am happy enough.

Reply #78 Posted: February 01, 2014, 04:52:09 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Probably a good that I didn't waste my money on BF4 then.

I got 80 hours out of bf4, so am happy enough.

I'm at 140 hours and climbing.. I don't think it's as good as 2142 or BC2, but it's definitely better than BF3.

Worth buying on special anyways Kooky.

Reply #79 Posted: February 01, 2014, 06:13:12 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...
Well I don't know if anyone has been following this thread over on the respawn forums.

Its actually quite good.

http://www.respawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3806

Reply #80 Posted: February 03, 2014, 10:46:04 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
All I get out of that thread is a giant "Fuck you Oceania" from Respawn.

Reply #81 Posted: February 04, 2014, 10:36:12 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
All I get out of that thread is a giant "Fuck you Oceania" from Microsoft.

Fixed.

In fairness to your original though, Respawn are hardly giving two fucks either, but ultimately where the servers are for the service they have decided to avail of/been sold is not really their choice.

Reply #82 Posted: February 04, 2014, 12:56:12 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Lias

• Administrator

Fixed.

In fairness to your original though, Respawn are hardly giving two fucks either, but ultimately where the servers are for the service they have decided to avail of/been sold is not really their choice.

I have to disagree Arsey.

Respawn have known for some time that MS can't/won't get an azure datacenter up in time for launch. They have chosen to continue down the path of only supporting Azure deployed servers rather than use an alternative cloud platform, or an alternative solution (RSP's, public server software, p2p games, etc) That mean's its entirely, 100% Respawn that are at fault.

*edit* I just checked, AWS have been offering Sydney services for about 15 months.. No reason whatsoever Respawn couldn't have built on AWS.
Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:51:23 pm by Lias

Reply #83 Posted: February 04, 2014, 01:49:37 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!

Fixed.

I have to disagree Arsey.

Respawn have known for some time that MS can't/won't get an azure datacenter up in time for launch. They have chosen to continue down the path of only supporting Azure deployed servers rather than use an alternative cloud platform, or an alternative solution (RSP's, public server software, p2p games, etc) That mean's its entirely, 100% Respawn that are at fault.

*edit* I just checked, AWS have been offering Sydney services for about 15 months.. No reason whatsoever Respawn couldn't have built on AWS.

Fair point. I'm probably more on the fence and thus in the camp of "it's both their fucking fault". This is just purely because we're not party to the plentiful conversations and small points that could have been bashed about the place. Nonetheless, I'll try to find out what I can about the server situation for us all.

Reply #84 Posted: February 04, 2014, 02:26:03 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Titanfall...

This is that stupid game, right?

The one where you have a massive robot (assumedly absurdly expensive robot at that) fall from the sky that you can pilot? To then have it destroyed 4 minutes later by a random jumping on your back and a switch being flipped, ejecting you against your will?

Sounds dumb. I would have put the ejector button on the inside, with the pilot. No?

Reply #85 Posted: February 04, 2014, 04:47:42 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
hahah watch the vids you tard!

robot is a timed thing, or kill streak or wahtever, looks kinds cool, but will not be pre-purchasing that's for sure.

I'll keep whoring my BF4

Reply #86 Posted: February 04, 2014, 04:57:16 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...

Reply #87 Posted: February 04, 2014, 07:20:06 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Just another steaming pile of shit parading as the newest and best thing around.

BF4 was a ginormous go-fuck-yourself and now, having been so burnt so many times, I don't even believe in a AAA title. We'll sell you a fucking beta with no intention to fix it and have you purchase shit in game. Double the takings, half the effort.

Suck my mother fucking dick. Sick of the state of gaming.

Reply #88 Posted: February 04, 2014, 08:31:40 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

Same old, but TBH wow at the response time.

Reply #89 Posted: February 05, 2014, 07:24:32 am

Offline Keeps

• I Posted!
  • Keeps has no influence.
^ Looks like a copy pasted response to me.
They must be getting harassed by anzacs.

Reply #90 Posted: February 05, 2014, 04:19:21 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
^ Looks like a copy pasted response to me.
They must be getting harassed by anzacs.

Yeah, they definitely are. I think it was either Arni or Ghost who posted a giant rant from some Youtube dude; I imagine this shit is just going to escalate until something is done (no matter whether a real or average solution) to shut up this part of the world.

We wait and hope they do the right thing (and be a man).

Reply #91 Posted: February 05, 2014, 04:31:28 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
BF2143.

PS. Just because Ghost and I both have beards doesn't mean we are the same person Arsey. We are unique, special people who deserve your respect!

Reply #92 Posted: February 16, 2014, 10:51:23 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
We are unique, special people who deserve your respect!

Where have I heard that before....

Reply #93 Posted: February 16, 2014, 01:10:49 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Has anyone received a beta invite yet?

Reply #94 Posted: February 16, 2014, 02:22:06 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Some of the reviews aren't bad.  From Penny Arcade:

There’s a sort of foodie pub type place near the office where they make a cheeseburger not by placing cheese on a burger, but by ladling some kind of elixir over it.  We asked what it was, and they said it was a mixture of beer and cheese.  I nodded, slowly.  Yes.  I understood, now.

Titanfall is beer cheese.  And once you’ve had it, other things feel like settling.

Reply #95 Posted: February 16, 2014, 02:59:53 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
From what I've just seen on twitter on Vince Zampella's feed (Respawn dev), a tonne of emails from EA with Beta codes went undelivered, so they are going to open up the beta. XBone today, PC tomorrow:

Vince Zampella ‏@VinceZampella 53m

Sounds like a lot of codes EA sent were never delivered. We are working on ways to get everyone in, maybe we need to just open it up

Vince Zampella ‏@VinceZampella 9m

Ok, just heard from @jonshiring. His words are 'Let's break it', so the plan is to make the beta fully open and have you max stress it!

Vince Zampella ‏@VinceZampella 5m

Opening XB1 first, at some point tonight. PC will follow, maybe tomorrow.

Reply #96 Posted: February 16, 2014, 03:21:33 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
He just posted a list of PC codes but all gone within 2 mins :(

Reply #97 Posted: February 16, 2014, 04:06:34 pm

Offline Speakman

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye out as well, the main titanfall account just did as well and they were gone real quick. Would have entered at least 6 codes from each lot with no luck

Reply #98 Posted: February 16, 2014, 04:08:32 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
BF2143.

PS. Just because Ghost and I both have beards doesn't mean we are the same person Arsey. We are unique, special people who deserve your respect!

I apologise for insinuating you were similar human beings. Just that I knew it was a bearded Wellingtonian on my Facebook who is also part of Blackwatch. Admittedly, this is still a broad search, but if I was Facebook searching "People I know who live in Wellington and who are part of Blackwatch and who have a beard" I'm pretty sure it would come up with just you two.

Reply #99 Posted: February 16, 2014, 05:47:04 pm