Topic: Wedding photography tips'n'tricks.

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Well, I've been given a pretty awesome opportunity to be my best mates 'groom' photographer shortly. Basically the photographer they've booked can't do the main ceremony AND candid/portraits of the
groom/groomsmen without increasing the cost quite substantially and therefore they've asked if I would do it.

I must say, I hesitated and advised them I've never done a wedding (even though I won't be doing the ceremony) before and what not and urged them to reason with the pro photographer they already have.. however it's a relatively low-key wedding and they still want me to do em!

I'm nervous as all hell and doubting the equipment I have will be upto the task.. however I came across this wonderfully written Wedding 101 blog and must say it's helpful as all hell- http://www.rokkorfiles.com/Wedding101-page1.html

Anyone else have any other tips/advice? I'll be shooting mainly with my 50mm and my 18-55 for the wider shots and am anticipating borrowing/renting a 24-70 L series lens (or crop-sensor alternative) and still need a good external flash. I'll be shooting the Groom getting ready and some group shots of the guys and then later on will be doing candid stuff at the main ceremony which I think I can tackle .. well I hope so.

<3

Posted: January 09, 2013, 11:13:22 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1513960
Well, I've been given a pretty awesome opportunity to be my best mates 'groom' photographer shortly. Basically the photographer they've booked can't do the main ceremony AND candid/portraits of the
groom/groomsmen without increasing the cost quite substantially and therefore they've asked if I would do it.

I must say, I hesitated and advised them I've never done a wedding (even though I won't be doing the ceremony) before and what not and urged them to reason with the pro photographer they already have.. however it's a relatively low-key wedding and they still want me to do em!

I'm nervous as all hell and doubting the equipment I have will be upto the task.. however I came across this wonderfully written Wedding 101 blog and must say it's helpful as all hell- http://www.rokkorfiles.com/Wedding101-page1.html

Anyone else have any other tips/advice? I'll be shooting mainly with my 50mm and my 18-55 for the wider shots and am anticipating borrowing/renting a 24-70 L series lens (or crop-sensor alternative) and still need a good external flash. I'll be shooting the Groom getting ready and some group shots of the guys and then later on will be doing candid stuff at the main ceremony which I think I can tackle .. well I hope so.

<3

Hey Winter - Give my good friend Jess a call:

http://www.jessmanningphotography.com/

She did our Wedding Photography and is a good mate of mine - she should be able to give you some tips and tricks (just tell her I told you to contact her)

oh and you may or may not know her - she is blavk metal as
Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:00:04 pm by The Demon Lord

Reply #1 Posted: January 09, 2013, 11:56:17 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
So he just calls and says The Demon Lord told him to call?

Reply #2 Posted: January 09, 2013, 02:54:22 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: BerG;1513996
So he just calls and says The Demon Lord told him to call?

Yeah - I'll sound sane as hell.

Reply #3 Posted: January 09, 2013, 02:58:41 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1513998
Yeah - I'll sound sane as hell.

You know my Real Name Winter.....

Reply #4 Posted: January 09, 2013, 03:10:48 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1514000
You know my Real Name Winter.....

I do :)

Reply #5 Posted: January 09, 2013, 03:15:03 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
There are some who call me... Tim?

Reply #6 Posted: January 09, 2013, 03:39:49 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1514005
Tim!

Best scene in that movie, without a doubt, hands down, twirl around and sign a song to a monkey.
Cleese performed at a level known only by demi-gods.

Reply #7 Posted: January 09, 2013, 03:42:02 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: winter;1514006
Best scene in that movie, without a doubt, hands down, twirl around and sign a song to a monkey.
Cleese performed at a level known only by demi-gods.

I believe it is actually that John Cleese set the Standard of Acting that is used by DemiGods, as opposed to John Cleese attaing the level of Acting used by DemiGods

Reply #8 Posted: January 09, 2013, 03:47:25 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1514009
I believe it is actually that John Cleese set the Standard of Acting that is used by DemiGods, as opposed to John Cleese attaing the level of Acting used by DemiGods

I believe you're correct.

Reply #9 Posted: January 09, 2013, 03:48:04 pm