Topic: Extended Movie Review: Fast & Furious 6

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
This was good. Every scene featuring The Rock are the highlights.

However, I felt FF5 was more innovative and remains the pinnacle of the franchise.

Worth a watch if you're bored, otherwise wait for DVD.

Posted: June 05, 2013, 09:01:50 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Really? I thought Tokyo Drift was the breadwinner!

Actually watched it again last night.

Reply #1 Posted: June 05, 2013, 09:13:23 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Must admit I have not seen Tokyo Drift.

Actually, the trailer of Pacific Rim was the highlight of the night for me.

Reply #2 Posted: June 05, 2013, 09:15:53 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I saw Fast & Furious 6 on the way to work this morning.

There were street races, a truck jacking, and even a tank.

But that's normal for Auckland.

Reply #3 Posted: June 05, 2013, 09:16:10 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1526412
Must admit I have not seen Tokyo Drift.

Actually, the trailer of Pacific Rim was the highlight of the night for me.

I like TD because it has a completely different feel from the others, the story actually has substance and it has a much more mature vibe to it. The lead character is a bit derpy, southern hick-ish. But it introduces one of the best characters of the entire franchise in it - Han.

It's based on the drift scene in Japan.

Reply #4 Posted: June 05, 2013, 09:22:59 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I stopped watched the series after the first scene with Vin Diesel in it.

Reply #5 Posted: June 05, 2013, 11:23:26 am

Quote from: Retardobot;1526414
I like TD because it has a completely different feel from the others, the story actually has substance and it has a much more mature vibe to it. The lead character is a bit derpy, southern hick-ish. But it introduces one of the best characters of the entire franchise in it - Han.

It's based on the drift scene in Japan.

I see that this movie has a lot of not Vin Diesel in it. That interests me.

Reply #6 Posted: June 05, 2013, 11:24:35 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Retardobot;1526414
I like TD because it has a completely different feel from the others, the story actually has substance and it has a much more mature vibe to it.

This is the story where the hero beats the local yakuza by driving a car down a mountain really fast, yes?

Reply #7 Posted: June 05, 2013, 11:40:39 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Yes.

Problem?

Reply #8 Posted: June 05, 2013, 11:43:14 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Of course not.

Actually, Tokyo Drift is the only F&F movie I've seen so I can't really say if it's better or worse than the rest.

Reply #9 Posted: June 05, 2013, 12:18:10 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
I actually also consider TD as the best of the series (after the first one). And that was even despite the annoying lead character.

Reply #10 Posted: June 05, 2013, 02:42:06 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

But did TD have a scene where two cars towed a giant safe down the highway? I dont think so.

Reply #11 Posted: June 05, 2013, 05:23:31 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Did the floor pan panel come lose, causing loss of race ? if you don't double clutch you'll blow the manifold. etc.

Reply #12 Posted: June 09, 2013, 08:10:51 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Black Heart;1526675
Did the floor pan panel come lose, causing loss of race ? if you don't double clutch you'll blow the manifold. etc.

It might be cause you were Granny Shiftin.....

Reply #13 Posted: June 10, 2013, 09:09:07 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Everyone knows it's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race it.

omg guys, Ja Rule knows what he's talking about.

Reply #14 Posted: June 10, 2013, 09:42:22 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Scunner;1526418
This is the story where the hero beats the local yakuza by driving a car down a mountain really fast, yes?

How is drifting a car around corners faster than normal cornering?

It's not.

I got distracted by that question.

[Posted from Kunnunarra]

Reply #15 Posted: June 10, 2013, 11:23:01 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Whats Kunnunarra? Some kind of tablet device?

Reply #16 Posted: June 11, 2013, 06:51:34 am

Maybe it's where he lives.

[Posted from South Auckland]

Reply #17 Posted: June 11, 2013, 09:06:50 am