Topic: Anime General Thread

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Only thing ive ever watched as Eng Dubbed was DBZ. Every other anime ive seen is utter trash Eng dubbed, usually always get dual audio files.

Seen a clip with some massive black dude, who sounded like a 12yo white kid in the Eng dubbed ver, how can you watch shit like that.

Reply #25 Posted: February 02, 2012, 11:23:52 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Honestly haven't seen any anime thats too bad in voice acting so far.

Watch black lagoon / death note with english dubs... Tell me that can't be bad?

Reply #26 Posted: February 02, 2012, 11:30:12 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
  • hoodieblanket has no influence.
it's bad. :D

lol @ the japan and incest thing. not so "wtf japan" when the rest of the world is like this

Reply #27 Posted: February 02, 2012, 11:41:17 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: `Kayne;1466225
Why does japan think its okay to fuck your cousin?
Odd. 'Tentacle' monsters abound and you worry about a taboo which doesnt affect nobility?
Quote from: `Kayne;1466234
Honestly haven't seen any anime thats too bad in voice acting so far.

Watch black lagoon / death note with english dubs... Tell me that can't be bad?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaoy1QKxGQsAND EAT IT!

Reply #28 Posted: February 03, 2012, 01:00:34 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
It's not OK to fuck your cousin?

WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD.

To be honest if my cousin looked like some the chicks made popular in Anime then all bets are off.

Reply #29 Posted: February 03, 2012, 12:03:29 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Lite Yagami was a phyco kent though :P

I'm really getting into anime. Fakken love it.

Reply #30 Posted: February 03, 2012, 05:48:30 pm

Offline nz_wing

• Devoted Member
  • nz_wing has no influence.
Watch Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Pretty much the best action anime ive ever seen and one of the best ever (top 3 and i watch a lot of anime)

Other notable top 10 action anime include, Cowboy Bebop, TTGL and Fate/Zero

Reply #31 Posted: February 04, 2012, 01:00:45 am

XBL GT: kazzaWing

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Will do ^ , Not sure when though. I've got a lot of anime to watch still.

But again, Cheers for suggestions guys :)

Reply #32 Posted: February 04, 2012, 03:01:16 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Quote from: pop;1455856
Mabye GTO.
It was funniest thing when I first seen it.

Decided to get it, Even though the animation was kind of putting me off from those youtube vids.

Glad I did, Lol'ing so hard.

Edit: Anime just got even more awesome. Ep 7, 2minutes and 30 seconds in, The mother fucker is playing Ape Escape

Everytime I've finished watching an anime I like to update that anime-planet website for some reason. Think i'll post it if anyone wants to recommend an anime. Even though this thread is kinda dead, My love for anime is not.

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Kayne/anime

You can see I rate my anime like I watch it.

High.

Just kidding. Drugs R gay
Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:19:19 pm by `Kyane Reeves

Reply #33 Posted: April 07, 2012, 08:49:15 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Good anime but the ending was crap. Feels like they just cbf. So many loose ends arggghhh.

Still the funniest i've ever seen

Reply #34 Posted: April 09, 2012, 04:58:03 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Still no FMA:Brotherhood ..... disappointing.

Still yet to find anything as good as that series. F U Bleach and Naruto and your god dam fillers that's why I stopped watching you 3 years ago!

Reply #35 Posted: April 09, 2012, 10:18:41 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Quote from: .osiRiS;1479815
Still no FMA:Brotherhood ..... disappointing.

Still yet to find anything as good as that series. F U Bleach and Naruto and your god dam fillers that's why I stopped watching you 3 years ago!

Actually I... ughh ... "recieved digital copies"... of the first 16 eps of FMA Brotherhood. The reason I haven't started watching yet is that I haven't "recieved digital copies" of the rest of it. I probably should start looking into that.

Animes I have but haven't watched are

^ FMA:Brotherhood
   Gants
   Ghost in the shell (alllll of it)
   Trigun

aswell as a few movies that i got in a "digital pack"

5 centermeters per second
afro samurai
afro samurai ressurection
appleseed
appleseed ex machina
Blood the last vampire
FF7 advent children
Evangelion 1.11
jin roh the wolf brigade
Nausicaa of the valley of the wind
origin spirits of the past
Perfect Blue
Ponyo on the cliff
Sword of the Stranger
Vexile
Wonderful Days
My neighbour totoro
Ponyo

Quite a few days of anime to watch, and i'm still getting more

I also have one that was a recommendation for Elfen Lied, called Queens Blade. It's just medieval woman warriors that get their tops ripped off all the time. Sounds good but really its just shit, Unless you like seeing naked playboy girls with rabbits ears, that turn into hands that milk the girls tits in order to squirt clothe eating acid onto other girls.

...Yeah don't answer that.

It just didn't seem interesting at all to watch
Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:00:16 pm by `Kyane Reeves

Reply #36 Posted: April 09, 2012, 10:40:52 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
I started watching Queens blade after hearing about it, but much like you after a few episodes found it wasn't that great. Seems to look to grab audiences just by giving every character massive tits and having their clothes ripped off every fight scene, actually not just fight scenes from memory.

You really need to watch Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion as well.

Reply #37 Posted: April 09, 2012, 11:52:25 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #38 Posted: April 10, 2012, 08:48:48 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Quote from: pyro;1479835
I started watching Queens blade after hearing about it, but much like you after a few episodes found it wasn't that great. Seems to look to grab audiences just by giving every character massive tits and having their clothes ripped off every fight scene, actually not just fight scenes from memory.

You really need to watch Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion as well.

In the process of getting this

Quote from: RetardoBot;1479851
Ranma ½

_b

Might be a while before i get this... 30gbs :P

Reply #39 Posted: April 10, 2012, 11:32:25 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: `Kayne;1480008
Might be a while before i get this... 30gbs :P

You may not like it. It's 90's stuff, and it's looooong.

The woman who created it is responsible for creating a shitload of other animes.

She's Japan's richest woman.

Reply #40 Posted: April 11, 2012, 08:08:44 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Quote from: RetardoBot;1480020
You may not like it. It's 90's stuff, and it's looooong.

The woman who created it is responsible for creating a shitload of other animes.

She's Japan's richest woman.

I'll give it a go. I wont exactly care if I "Waste 30gb". I'm sure i'll like it, if you think its good :P

The idea sounds weird tho. A old man as a panda. A boy as a girl. What kind of long? The reason I don't  want to watch naruto was because when I first started watching 4 years ago on Cartoon Network, It was 15 minutes of naruto, 15 minutes of ads. And it IS stretched out. Badly, The first 5 minutes are a recap of the last ep. Just ugh. Got infuriating.

Reply #41 Posted: April 11, 2012, 07:31:30 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Ranma is good. It's a cult classic. It's what the elitist old schoolers will quote when talking about Anime.

It's incredibly funny because it's weird.

There's no real goal with the plot line. Every episode is a mess of hilarity and stand alone stories. It's about a dude who is cursed and changes back and forth between a chick and a guy when dunked it hot and ccold water. I forget which triggers what gender.

Anyway, it's "Anything goes martial arts". One episode was about martial arts that teaches you how to be a rich snob and eat without looking. That. Was. Funny.

His dad is the panda. Changes into one when he touches either hot or cold, again, I forget which one triggers what. Basically his whole family is like this, but with different animals.

Reply #42 Posted: April 11, 2012, 07:49:55 pm

Offline klboy88

• Just settled in
  • klboy88 has no influence.
Do recommend some oldies but goodies - Claymore, fate stay night n the currently showing prequel fate/zero, and basilisk (xmen but with ninjas),  and Ga Rei Zero.

Reply #43 Posted: April 11, 2012, 07:51:20 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: `Kayne;1480089
The reason I don't  want to watch naruto was because when I first started watching 4 years ago on Cartoon Network, It was 15 minutes of naruto, 15 minutes of ads. And it IS stretched out. Badly, The first 5 minutes are a recap of the last ep. Just ugh. Got infuriating.
I watched Naruto 10 years ago, but never ever watched the two years of fillers betwen Naruto and Shippuden.

To be completely honest: Naruto needs to be redone and by 'redone' I mean 'recut' with all the recaps and crap taken out of it. I will do this at the end of the year and throw it into the cloud. In fact: Naruto would probably best be redone in a style similar to how Full Metal Alchemist has FMA: Brotherhood.

You have to remember that it took 12 years from the end of Dragonball Z until DBZ became as famous as it is now.

By that reckoning, it will probably take another five years before the full impact of Naruto becomes apparent.

p.s I dislike FMA.

Reply #44 Posted: April 11, 2012, 08:23:58 pm

Offline SmiLinSniPeR

• Addicted
  • SmiLinSniPeR has no influence.
Ranma was an awesome series definatly worth the purchase/download.

Love Happosai ,sneaky old man and dedicated pervert lol.

Reply #45 Posted: April 11, 2012, 09:01:16 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: SmiLinSniPeR;1480102
Love Happosai ,sneaky old man and dedicated pervert lol.

Haha.

One of the movies has him turbo-perv.

Pseudo-hentai.

Reply #46 Posted: April 11, 2012, 09:05:47 pm

Offline SmiLinSniPeR

• Addicted
  • SmiLinSniPeR has no influence.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1480104
Haha.

One of the movies has him turbo-perv.

Pseudo-hentai.
Lol yer i have all the movies etc aswell :)

Comic party is another good series.

Reply #47 Posted: April 11, 2012, 09:42:54 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1480095
I watched Naruto 10 years ago, but never ever watched the two years of fillers betwen Naruto and Shippuden.

To be completely honest: Naruto needs to be redone and by 'redone' I mean 'recut' with all the recaps and crap taken out of it. I will do this at the end of the year and throw it into the cloud. In fact: Naruto would probably best be redone in a style similar to how Full Metal Alchemist has FMA: Brotherhood.

You have to remember that it took 12 years from the end of Dragonball Z until DBZ became as famous as it is now.

By that reckoning, it will probably take another five years before the full impact of Naruto becomes apparent.

p.s I dislike FMA.

heh Really, Naruto was made 10 years ago? You learn something new everyday.

I'll admit that the last part of naruto I watched, was after his first boss fight. Where that umm... lets see if I can remember this... the shipuden eye?. The ninja teacher does his little eye trick for the first time, After that, I saw a girl at school dress up as kiba, and held a toy dog and kept talking to it, referring to it as "Akamaru" (yeah I googled names).

I stopped watching naruto after that..

but hey, maybe its gotten better?

p.s I hate DBZ (shock horror since everyone thinks its "the best anime of all time"

Reply #48 Posted: April 11, 2012, 09:52:17 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: `Kayne;1480110
heh Really, Naruto was made 10 years ago? You learn something new everyday.

Naruto began in 1999. The Anime was made in Japan in 2002. I have friends in Japan and they would stream it for me. It took absolutely forever to download them back on dialup in those days. I still have all the original Dattebayo/Anbu/Anime-One dubs from then including some RAWS.

Naruto originated from a 1997 one off comic which a friend of mine, who was an exchange student in Japan at the time, has.
Quote from: `Kayne;1480110
p.s I hate DBZ (shock horror since everyone thinks its "the best anime of all time"

DBZ was pretty bad. Dragonball was a whole lot of fun.

If there wasnt Dragonball then we wouldnt have Hadoukens or Street Fighter 1 - 50.

Reply #49 Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:09:24 pm