Topic: Filters - Do you use them and stuff?

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Filters.

Do you have any? Do you use them? If so what for?

Is there much point in them?

Posted: February 03, 2013, 11:41:15 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
yes, sometimes, CPL when reflections are an issue, grad/nd if needed otherwise I don't use them

I would say 90% of my shots are filterless.

Reply #1 Posted: February 03, 2013, 01:52:00 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
UV on all of my lenses thus far, mostly for additional protection to the front element, doubtful that using a UV filter actually does fuck all to the image.

Reply #2 Posted: February 03, 2013, 02:13:11 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Cokin grads and ND plates .. grads to keep light and dark areas even on exposure and ND's to reduce light intake

Reply #3 Posted: February 03, 2013, 05:00:17 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Ah yeh. Pretty much what I thought.

Seem very application specific, and you need to have the right one at the right time for it.

Might pick some up for a play around, if I find them real cheap.

Reply #4 Posted: February 03, 2013, 05:52:09 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
this was shot with a graduated 0-ND4 filter ... kinda lets you be a little more creative with light ect ..

Untitled by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Reply #5 Posted: February 03, 2013, 11:55:55 pm

Codex

What witchcraft is this?

Reply #6 Posted: February 04, 2013, 11:45:52 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
SHIT filters are expensive.

Reply #7 Posted: February 05, 2013, 09:54:39 pm

Offline Postal2

• I Posted!
  • Postal2 has no influence.

Reply #8 Posted: February 05, 2013, 11:08:44 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
that or Apix photographic supplies ... you can get a cheap visco filter plate set ie... filter carrier bayonet ND4 grad for under $80 good to start with then look at more from there after you get comfy with them

Reply #9 Posted: February 06, 2013, 01:01:02 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Anyone ever use circular polarizers?

Reply #10 Posted: March 02, 2013, 07:14:18 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
When I buy a lens, I buy a filter for it at the same time. Just clear UV ones.

As soon as that lens is out of the box, on goes the filter, never to be removed.

Reply #11 Posted: March 02, 2013, 07:21:08 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Do you use your 30mm much swinnie? If so what for? Links to pics plz.

Reply #12 Posted: March 02, 2013, 07:23:04 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
I use it most of all my lenses. 35mm Sigma. Here is a few. Ill put some better ones up when I have time.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=tzo3cqxe.f3j.jpg
Filters - Do you use them and stuff?

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=dfs4ytz0.kfc.jpg

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=j1tgjl1m.fg5.jpg

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=vpkqbat5.1vj.jpg
Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:57:17 pm by swindle

Reply #13 Posted: March 03, 2013, 05:51:41 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.