Topic: Igloo, anyone have an igloo box?

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
I don't have sky, can't really afford it, but I am interested in Igloo as occasionally I'll be up to paying $15 or $20 for a rugby game or something. I certainly would never be spending north of $40 per month and most of the time I wouldn't be buying anything.

Has anyone got one? I see they are $119 to buy the unit. I'm not interested in the ongoing contract as the channels are useless to me. Any good?

Posted: July 24, 2014, 03:15:06 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
If you shop around you should be able to get an igloo box for around $89.  I signed up to a 12 month plan and get the channels for $10 a month.  Basically it gives something for the Missus and kids to watch. Other than PPV and channels, its only feature is live pause.

Can you reliably find a site to stream the sport you want?  If so, I'd flag the Igloo, spend at most $80 on a chromecast instead, coupled with Plex for serving movies, music etc.

Reply #1 Posted: July 24, 2014, 11:37:20 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
i have netflix, but im keen just to watch the odd game in decent quality. I can't dedicate my attention fully to the shitty feed.

Reply #2 Posted: July 25, 2014, 11:30:29 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
I ended up getting one on Trademe second hand for $75. A little steep as they are $119 new (if you can find someone who stocks them). I wanted to pick up immediatley so buy now was the only option. $15 for the Crusaders match, came through in HD quality. Works perfectally for what I want. The major games assuming they are shown. Which, apparently they don't always show them, depends on what Sky TV want to give them.

Reply #3 Posted: July 28, 2014, 11:15:44 am