Topic: First Impressions

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
I was wondering how that would go Growler as I'm very sad how the Beta is running for me at the moment. And somehow playing BF3 isn't the same anymore. I know I am hoping for a miracle by going to win8, but I have read that it does run it better.
I get 20-30 on medium
I have Q6600 @2.9 and GtX460 SLi

Reply #100 Posted: October 09, 2013, 05:58:27 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: bigROBOTbill;1532915
I was wondering how that would go Growler as I'm very sad how the Beta is running for me at the moment. And somehow playing BF3 isn't the same anymore. I know I am hoping for a miracle by going to win8, but I have read that it does run it better.
I get 20-30 on medium
I have Q6600 @2.9 and GtX460 SLi

The beta isn't really a good measure of performance right now.
My system runs BF3 on high @ 120fps but BF4 is almost unplayable at any setting.
Drop the resolution and put everything on low until release then wait and see.

Reply #101 Posted: October 09, 2013, 06:18:49 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
New patch, no more lag spikes, woot.

Reply #102 Posted: October 11, 2013, 01:57:58 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Quote from: EnjoyTheSauce;1532994
New patch, no more lag spikes, woot.

New patch, armour bounces all over the place and gets stuck on random rubbish ? Are there certain Aussie servers that are lag free ? 32 p only ? The lag seems even worse now

Reply #103 Posted: October 11, 2013, 06:52:43 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
todays patch.

Updates in Beta Patch #2 for PC (Oct 10)
-Two fixes for the long/permanent loading times
-Various improvements in performance for users running quad core or six core CPU's
-Fixed a crash that happened for some dual core CPU users after loading
-Fixed a crash relating to DirectX10 graphics cards
-Various stability fixes
-Various crash fixes

Reply #104 Posted: October 11, 2013, 08:29:10 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Still runs like aids for me :/

Reply #105 Posted: October 11, 2013, 09:52:04 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
havent had an issue....

I think you might need to try a sacrifice to the Bacon gods....

Send me 10kg of Canadian streaky maple bacon and all your worries will go away!

Reply #106 Posted: October 11, 2013, 10:56:12 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Haha, I dunno. I'm running an X4 955 (with GTX660, 12GB, and SSD), which is below recommended, but I still feel like I should be getting more than a terribly unstable 30fps.

Reply #107 Posted: October 11, 2013, 11:00:54 am

Offline SmiLinSniPeR

• Addicted
  • SmiLinSniPeR has no influence.
I have installed it on my kids pc for the older boys and they are getting smooth frames ( ~40) on there X4 630 4 gig ram and 1 tb hdd 6850 1 gig @ 1440x960 all settings medium.

Oh and Win 7 x64 pro

Reply #108 Posted: October 11, 2013, 11:25:36 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Quote from: Kopfjaeger;1532997
New patch, armour bounces all over the place and gets stuck on random rubbish ? Are there certain Aussie servers that are lag free ? 32 p only ? The lag seems even worse now

yep it seems much worse for me now after the patch.

had a kid free arvo yesterday, got all set for some serious time and the f ing thing was shite

Reply #109 Posted: October 11, 2013, 11:30:14 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Seems OK for me now after a quick blat.
(2500k + 670ftw windows 7)

Reply #110 Posted: October 11, 2013, 12:43:32 pm

Offline mattnz

Well mine just updated (again?) and now it's a solid 40-50, so hmmmm.

Reply #111 Posted: October 11, 2013, 01:00:01 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: mattnz;1533023
Well mine just updated (again?) and now it's a solid 40-50, so hmmmm.

Woot

Reply #112 Posted: October 11, 2013, 01:09:49 pm

Offline ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

• Devoted Member
  • ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~ has no influence.
still at 30fps at new update..when knifing it feels like playing tetris fps goes down terribly like 1 animation per second, but game feels much smoother only managed to get 10~ kills with the lag now can manage 40+ a round.

Reply #113 Posted: October 11, 2013, 04:49:25 pm
H!SoN

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Will have to fire it up tonight and see.

Reply #114 Posted: October 12, 2013, 09:33:54 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Emrico1

No no no. You, my friend will have to come and play RUST with us. We need a HC headshotter desperately. And get that lazy SOB Laz off his dot and come play too. Wellfpeeeek rewl

Reply #115 Posted: February 04, 2014, 03:32:32 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!

No no no. You, my friend will have to come and play RUST with us. We need a HC headshotter desperately. And get that lazy SOB Laz off his dot and come play too. Wellfpeeeek rewl

Rust, huh? Well well well. Teamspeak tonight?

Reply #116 Posted: February 04, 2014, 04:18:50 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Emrico1

Rust, huh? Well well well. Teamspeak tonight?

Yeah man. Highly addictive. More casual that DayZ but it's got Source engine so it's a lot lot smoother. Good fun.

Reply #117 Posted: February 05, 2014, 01:52:19 pm

Offline swindle

Lets do this.

Reply #118 Posted: February 07, 2014, 01:57:38 pm

Offline Emrico1

Lets do this.

Such win.

We get attacked and spawn back in our freshly minted 4x4 box with a metal door. six or seven Attackers come back and tell us if we give them our boots, they will let us live.
OK, open door. Shotgun attack, damn pricks. I get out and commence the rock assault.
One guy runs in, swindle closes the door on him. Hahah. Imprisoned the arsehole and the only way in or out is death.

Keep playing for 13 hours straight.

Reply #119 Posted: February 08, 2014, 02:51:06 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Such win.

We get attacked and spawn back in our freshly minted 4x4 box with a metal door. six or seven Attackers come back and tell us if we give them our boots, they will let us live.
OK, open door. Shotgun attack, damn pricks. I get out and commence the rock assault.
One guy runs in, swindle closes the door on him. Hahah. Imprisoned the arsehole and the only way in or out is death.

Keep playing for 13 hours straight.

Must get in on some of this action!

Reply #120 Posted: February 08, 2014, 06:15:21 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline mattnz

Rust Interviews

How do I embedded youtube?

Oh, easy.

Reply #121 Posted: February 08, 2014, 10:00:58 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
Well that certainly looks much better that BF4, such amazing gameplay and everythingl.

Reply #122 Posted: February 10, 2014, 12:57:15 pm