Topic: Lightning Storms

Offline Pilot Zx

• I Posted!
  • Pilot Zx has no influence.
So it was late last night and Perth was having a rather large lightning storm. So, I got up and filmed it with my Phone and then screenshotted some of the best parts. These photos being the result.

Posted: January 29, 2015, 12:56:51 pm
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)      ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)      ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ      ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) 
( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)      (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
What's up with a white rectangle bits?

Reply #1 Posted: January 29, 2015, 01:30:04 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Did you not know that when lightning strikes, it comes from another dimension. The photo is showing the dimension - a white portal of light.

Reply #2 Posted: February 24, 2015, 07:20:16 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
That would explain it then.

Reply #3 Posted: February 24, 2015, 07:27:57 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

I think the excess brightness is created when the lightning finds ground.

Something like this:

Lightning in Super Slow Motion

Reply #4 Posted: April 27, 2015, 08:38:19 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

I think the excess brightness is created when the lightning finds ground.

Something like this: Lightning in Super Slow Motion

That bit at the end - super awesome.

Reply #5 Posted: April 28, 2015, 05:19:39 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
That bit at the end - super awesome.

That's what I think we're seeing in the partial frames above, then the bright square is the over exposed actual flash we see with the eye.

I'm interested that his camera appears to process columns by rows, not rows by columns, I would have expected the latter to be a more efficient use of memory bandwidth in a time critical system.

We did a robot/radio controlled car last year with a camera on it, but my job was infrared, motors and weapons.

edit: derp, he's holding it portrait, it does do rows by columns.

Reply #6 Posted: April 28, 2015, 05:51:55 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K