Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
  • Xt1ncT has no influence.
Quote from: Verrt
The first dune book was amazing totaly killer
the follow ups are examples of the worst writing Frank Herbert has ever done
I thought they were reaal average, and you know how bad average sci-fi can be

the first dune movie with sting was ok, not great but ok
but so far I don't think anyone has done the book justice as far as movies or a series are concerned

I liked the other books. I first read it as one - The Great Dune Trilogy"

But the first one "Dune" is just fantastic - deep and powerful. BY the film is nothing compared to the book.

Reply #50 Posted: October 28, 2005, 08:46:15 am

Offline bloodyYOKEL-NZ

• Addicted
  • bloodyYOKEL-NZ has no influence.
Quote from: Xt1ncT

But the first one "Dune" is just fantastic - deep and powerful. BY the film is nothing compared to the book.

as i had suspected, i beleive we also have a series of the books packed up above the ceiling somewhere. I only have seen the films. Even then i didnt think the film and its sequels were that bad.

Reply #51 Posted: October 28, 2005, 04:23:16 pm

There is certanly more to life, most people dont appreciate what that is.

Offline Verrt

• Addicted
  • Verrt has no influence.
Quote from: Xt1ncT
I liked the other books. I first read it as one - The Great Dune Trilogy"

I supose for sci-fi they were alright
but for frank herbert they were pretty crap, all I could think of while reading them was
"this isn't as good as any of his other books"

I recomend getting a book called EYE, its a recent publication of short stories by Herbert
awsome read
only problem is it just wets your appatite

Reply #52 Posted: October 28, 2005, 04:48:50 pm

Offline deamora

• Devoted Member
  • deamora has no influence.
kinda like babylon5 - any thoughts?

Reply #53 Posted: October 29, 2005, 03:26:45 am

Offline Verrt

• Addicted
  • Verrt has no influence.
maybe Im wrong
but ot just seemed like another startrek to me

anyone else?

Reply #54 Posted: October 29, 2005, 08:02:44 am

Offline bloodyYOKEL-NZ

• Addicted
  • bloodyYOKEL-NZ has no influence.
babylon 5 never struck my fancy. Perhaps its because i only watched 5 minutes of each episode but it fell to the ranks of startreck; deep space 9. needed more giant ships getting blown to smithereens

Reply #55 Posted: October 29, 2005, 02:15:46 pm

There is certanly more to life, most people dont appreciate what that is.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Star Wars Day is coming up soon. 4th of May.

What will you be doing?

Reply #56 Posted: May 01, 2013, 01:18:10 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
laughing about the banned thread necromonkey?

Reply #57 Posted: May 01, 2013, 01:25:30 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Black Heart;1524490
laughing about the banned thread necromonkey?

haha i was about to say ... another monkey necro'd thread

Reply #58 Posted: May 01, 2013, 01:46:52 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
It was relevant to the topic.

Reply #59 Posted: May 01, 2013, 01:55:46 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1524494
haha i was about to say ... another monkey necro'd thread

Someone has to do it since xsannz bullied tiwa away

Reply #60 Posted: May 01, 2013, 05:44:57 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Come back tiwa, miss your quotes mate.

I am going to celebrate the 4th by allowing my 4 1/2 year old  to watch copious amounts of clone wars. I have 5 series for him to wade through.

Might get him a tee shirt also.

Reply #61 Posted: May 01, 2013, 06:43:29 pm

May the 4th.

Reply #62 Posted: May 04, 2013, 10:46:14 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1524787
May the 4th.

Be with you!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH STAR WARS DAY!

Reply #63 Posted: May 04, 2013, 02:49:41 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Droll.

Reply #64 Posted: May 04, 2013, 04:14:24 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
International day of the virgin

Reply #65 Posted: May 04, 2013, 05:36:31 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #66 Posted: May 04, 2013, 06:03:51 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Me and the missus are having a Star Wars marathon, it is great! :D

Reply #67 Posted: May 04, 2013, 06:20:06 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Easymeat56k

• Just settled in
  • Easymeat56k has no influence.

Reply #68 Posted: May 04, 2013, 08:19:13 pm
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Speakman;1524526
Someone has to do it since xsannz bullied tiwa away

Ha i didnt bully him.

And he has been seen in the wild recently....

Reply #69 Posted: May 05, 2013, 09:25:44 am

Obble

Quote from: Xsannz;1524810
Ha i didnt bully him.

And he has been seen in the wild recently....

Watchout Xsananananz, you've got Speakman thugs and co. after you.

Reply #70 Posted: May 05, 2013, 09:59:55 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Obble;1524811
Watchout Xsananananz, you've got Speakman thugs and co. after you.

fan diddly tastic.. i shall get out the metal shaving filled lube , the bunny beads and ball gag, and decorate the dungeon in a jabba the hut theme....

speakman can be Princess Leah,  his thugs can be sand people and i'll play jabba....

Reply #71 Posted: May 05, 2013, 10:16:11 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
For some reason this reminded me of what happened a couple of weeks age.

Was in Burger Fuel getting dinner with a female friend, she sees the refurbished Pacman game and is watching the Ghosts running around the maze.

"Which one is Casper?" she asks.

I was about to lol when I realised that she was serious. OMG!

Reply #72 Posted: May 05, 2013, 10:52:30 am

Quote from: Pitchey;1524813
For some reason this reminded me of what happened a couple of weeks age.

Was in Burger Fuel getting dinner with a female friend, she sees the refurbished Pacman game and is watching the Ghosts running around the maze.

"Which one is Casper?" she asks.

I was about to lol when I realised that she was serious. OMG!

Did you tell her they're called Blinky, Inky, Pinky and Clyde?

Because you should have.

Reply #73 Posted: May 06, 2013, 08:54:01 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Started to explain but then gave up. Burgers were ready.

Reply #74 Posted: May 06, 2013, 12:42:42 pm