Topic: Scientists discover Earth-like planet

Offline Equity

• Addicted
  • Equity has no influence.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1038579
You mean firefox doesn't spell for you?

no, do i need an add-on???

I think finding life out there will be very exciting, i hope im around for it...(and i know it'll probably just be bacteria or some small one-celled organism..but still)

Reply #25 Posted: December 17, 2009, 10:33:20 pm
"think c2w might be a little to hard core for my skills atm anyways"-Splatter

Offline Luse

• Devoted Member
  • Luse has no influence.
I'm not going unless it looks like this

Reply #26 Posted: December 18, 2009, 12:33:09 am

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
  • EskemoJoe has no influence.
Im not going because that would mean venturing outside... I went there once and it was scary. Will not repeat.

Reply #27 Posted: December 18, 2009, 12:36:16 am
Mmmm... Blueberry Muffins *drools*

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: EskemoJoe;1038618
Im not going because that would mean venturing outside... I went there once and it was scary. Will not repeat.

Reply #28 Posted: December 18, 2009, 12:38:53 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Quote from: Luse;1038615
I'm not going unless it looks like this

That reminds me, fuck I had the worst curry-hole the other night.

Reply #29 Posted: December 18, 2009, 12:46:34 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline AfroDizzzy

• Addicted
  • AfroDizzzy has no influence.
Quote from: Wandarah;1038624
That reminds me, fuck I had the worst curry-hole the other night.

Is that nz code for ring sting? :eek:

Reply #30 Posted: December 18, 2009, 12:49:17 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
So back on topic, I rekon they going to find many more planets over the next few years.

Reply #31 Posted: December 18, 2009, 07:56:09 am

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
^ This from the "No shit, Sherlock" school of prediction. :sunnies:

Reply #32 Posted: December 18, 2009, 08:00:25 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I was taught by the best.

But I meant small Earth like planets, due to new observatories like Kepler being launched.

Reply #33 Posted: December 18, 2009, 08:07:09 am

Offline Luse

• Devoted Member
  • Luse has no influence.
Yeah but still, that's kinda like putting the plug into the bath, turning on the taps and saying "I reckon its going to get filled with water" :P

Reply #34 Posted: December 18, 2009, 10:32:27 am

Unless the bath has a 'Black Hole' in it.

Reply #35 Posted: December 18, 2009, 10:36:42 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Luse;1038754
Yeah but still, that's kinda like putting the plug into the bath, turning on the taps and saying "I reckon its going to get filled with water" :P

just cause you turn a faucet does not mean water will come....

correlation...causation

Reply #36 Posted: December 18, 2009, 11:09:00 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Unless it's Farrah Faucet and then more than water will come.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll47/Ngati_Grim/farrah-fawcett.jpg
Scientists discover Earth-like planet

Or maybe not:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll47/Ngati_Grim/farrah-fawcett-sick.jpg
Scientists discover Earth-like planet

Did I force it?

Reply #37 Posted: December 18, 2009, 11:18:15 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Luse

• Devoted Member
  • Luse has no influence.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1038774
just cause you turn a faucet does not mean water will come....

correlation...causation

Blah blah probability.

Reply #38 Posted: December 18, 2009, 04:56:56 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
whatever

just gimme a yell when we can actually do something about it

Reply #39 Posted: December 18, 2009, 05:00:23 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Thanks for that wonderful addition to the thread.

Reply #40 Posted: December 18, 2009, 05:10:28 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: Bell;1038915
Thanks for that wonderful addition to the thread.

yeah bro

because every other reply in this thread were awesomely on topic and insightful too

gg

Reply #41 Posted: December 18, 2009, 05:18:43 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
New planets are awesome, if it were possible and up to me i'd watch a 24/7 universe channel on tv. I dunno how you can't be amazed by it.

Reply #42 Posted: December 18, 2009, 05:24:36 pm

Offline swindle

i am amazed by it

i wish we spent as much on planet research/discovery as we did weapons

but how many "potential" life supporting planets have we found now? a few, and what are we doing about it?

going to war with each other over oil and god

gg humanity

Reply #43 Posted: December 18, 2009, 07:12:50 pm

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
There isn't much we can do about it at the moment. The technology we need to reach these planets in our lifetime doesnt exist :)

Reply #44 Posted: December 18, 2009, 08:11:16 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: swindLe..;1038988
i am amazed by it

i wish we spent as much on planet research/discovery as we did weapons

but how many "potential" life supporting planets have we found now? a few, and what are we doing about it?

going to war with each other over oil and god

gg humanity

wait till you see the war we'll have WITH the life we find.

but no seriously, unless they can "interpret" a passage in the bible to mention aliens pretty soon, religion is screwed when we find aliens.

Reply #45 Posted: December 18, 2009, 08:22:43 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline swindle

and epic lols at thousands will ensue

Reply #46 Posted: December 18, 2009, 09:28:09 pm

It doesn't say anywhere in the bible that aliens don't exist, and not all religions have the bible.

Reply #47 Posted: December 18, 2009, 11:05:57 pm

NASA Estimates that there are possibly 2 billion Earthlike planets in our galaxy, Based on the findings so far by the Kepler space telescope.

By Earthlike, they mean planets which are about the same size as Earth, and in the habitable zone around a star where liquid water can exist.

http://www.space.com/11188-alien-earths-planets-sun-stars.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Reply #48 Posted: March 22, 2011, 02:29:00 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Then there could be as many as three Justin Beibers! NOOOOOOOO

Reply #49 Posted: March 22, 2011, 02:36:30 pm