Topic: Mars

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Do you want to go to Mars?

I'm not talking about a virtual vacation implanted into your brain, this is the real deal. A company, 'Mars One' has laid plans done to land people on Mars by 2023.

http://mars-one.com/

They're a new company with no money, but they are serious. The required technology exisits, like the Falcon rocket built by SpaceX, and they plan to fund it by corporate sponsorship and making a big media event of the trip and landing.

Most importantly, it's a one-way trip. Four people will be sent to mars, and the company plans to send another 4 every two years.

I'm dubious of thier method of funding, and doubt they'll make the deadline. However a Mars landing my my lifetime would be awesome and I wish them all the best.

Unfortunately they intend to 'protect' people from radiation, which means no mutant ladies with three boobs.

Posted: June 05, 2012, 10:49:36 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
But But

Reply #1 Posted: June 05, 2012, 11:04:25 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
lol @ 'rest of their lives' & 'additional crew' *cough* replacements.

Reply #2 Posted: June 05, 2012, 12:06:07 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Black Heart;1488726
lol @ 'rest of their lives' & 'additional crew' *cough* replacements.

Your first job as a colonist is to bury the bodies of the previous colonists.

Reply #3 Posted: June 05, 2012, 12:42:04 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Keen, although I remember a similar thread to this many years ago, in which I said something along the lines of "they had better have some sweet pussy on that ship".

Imagine if you got selected along with a bunch of other men and some old grandma.

I can imagine that due to the publicity factor of this mission, they will be selecting a bunch of young and sexy people like Fear Factor does. It will be like Big Brother Mars Edition. And they will probably pick 3 guys and one girl, so the guys fight over the girl. Or otherwise just have a big 4-way orgy, which will pump up the ratings big time.

Reply #4 Posted: June 05, 2012, 01:06:01 pm

^ I'd watch it.

The uncensored version which plays late at night.

Reply #5 Posted: June 05, 2012, 01:23:19 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
It's easy to send people to Mars.

Getting them back again is a bit harder.

Reply #6 Posted: June 05, 2012, 03:42:15 pm

Quote from: Zarkov;1488778
It's easy to send people to Mars.

Getting them back again is a bit harder.

What's your point?

This company clearly states that the reason for a one way trip is because a return trip is too hard.

Reply #7 Posted: June 05, 2012, 03:49:36 pm

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
I'd sacrifice my life to go to Mars to be honest.

Reply #8 Posted: June 05, 2012, 03:55:39 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Quote from: camy205;1488783
I'd sacrifice my life to go to Mars to be honest.

Look me up when you get there.

I'll be one of the other 3 people on the entire planet.

We can play practical jokes on the new guys when they arrive, like move thier Mars habitat while they are sleeping.

Reply #9 Posted: June 05, 2012, 04:06:42 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1488784
Look me up when you get there.

I'll be one of the other 3 people on the entire planet.

We can play practical jokes on the new guys when they arrive, like move thier Mars habitat while they are sleeping.

Pretend the atmosphere is breathable.

Reply #10 Posted: June 05, 2012, 04:15:47 pm

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1488782
What's your point?

This company clearly states that the reason for a one way trip is because a return trip is too hard.

Game set and match. SpaceMonkey 1, Zarkov 0

Reply #11 Posted: June 05, 2012, 04:26:59 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
I'd be bored in a week.

Reply #12 Posted: June 06, 2012, 08:35:25 am

Quote from: Black Heart;1488919
I'd be bored in a week.

That's because you are a boring person.

Reply #13 Posted: June 06, 2012, 08:45:53 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
No it's because mars is inhospitable. Deathrow prisoners get more freedom than anyone sent on this mission.

Reply #14 Posted: June 08, 2012, 09:45:01 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Veronica.

Reply #15 Posted: June 08, 2012, 09:55:31 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Attacks.

Reply #16 Posted: June 08, 2012, 12:11:55 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Bar.

Reply #17 Posted: June 08, 2012, 12:21:08 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Is that a Mars bar in your pocket?

Reply #18 Posted: June 08, 2012, 12:52:36 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
upial?

Reply #19 Posted: June 08, 2012, 12:54:20 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
shmallow.

Reply #20 Posted: June 08, 2012, 02:58:08 pm

hland.

Reply #21 Posted: June 08, 2012, 03:48:57 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
eilles.

Reply #22 Posted: June 08, 2012, 03:52:46 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: Black Heart;1488919
I'd be bored in a week.

There'd be a bit of a lag issue I think.

Reply #23 Posted: June 08, 2012, 03:52:55 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
Well I haven't touched bf3 single player yet. wheres the power outlet ? Fuck it, I'll kill me some colonists. 0 lag, and better graphics.

Reply #24 Posted: June 08, 2012, 11:24:45 pm