Topic: ugh, or the 'assist this guy with a new and exciting job' thread

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Auckland!

Reply #25 Posted: April 29, 2014, 04:50:42 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Student allowance can't even support one, let alone a family.

Haha, yeah - that is damn true, my rent alone is $670.00 a fortnight :P

Shit, Why are you renting - you could be paying off a mortgage with that!

Mortgage would be twice that in Auckland.

It's also the amount the average Aucklander spends on coffee.

Reply #26 Posted: April 29, 2014, 05:25:36 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Student allowance can't even support one, let alone a family.

Haha, yeah - that is damn true, my rent alone is $670.00 a fortnight :P

Shit, Why are you renting - you could be paying off a mortgage with that!

Haha, all in good time mate, all in good time.. We've got some options lined up for that in the near future, we're just waiting for the perfect house to raise Tobes.

Reply #27 Posted: April 29, 2014, 09:36:18 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
So event management, y/n?
You could ask Woohoo, he did something like that once I think.

Reply #28 Posted: April 30, 2014, 06:34:47 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
So event management, y/n?
You could ask Woohoo, he did something like that once I think.

I've been huntin' - def. looks like something that I could get into.

Reply #29 Posted: April 30, 2014, 10:27:23 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Fuck buying a house.

Don't want no mortgage, son.

Reply #30 Posted: April 30, 2014, 10:31:57 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
its only going to get more expensive - owning a house is awesome

Reply #31 Posted: April 30, 2014, 11:12:39 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Fuck buying a house.

I'd rather be paying my own mortgage, then renting and paying someone else's mortgage.

Reply #32 Posted: April 30, 2014, 12:08:24 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Fuck buying a house.

I'd rather be paying my own mortgage, then renting and paying someone else's mortgage.

That old chestnut.

Reply #33 Posted: April 30, 2014, 12:40:17 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Fuck buying a house.

Haha, 6 or so years ago I felt the same.. however now as a father and provider for a small family I want nothing more than the perfect family home. Also, paying a mortgage for either the same I'm paying in rent or a little bit more doesn't phase me in the slightest.

Reply #34 Posted: April 30, 2014, 12:42:23 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Only problem with that is sorting out that 60k deposit for a reasonable home in Auckland.......

Reply #35 Posted: April 30, 2014, 12:46:32 pm

Only problem with that is sorting out that 60k deposit for a reasonable home in Auckland.......

I'm in the same boat as you.

However banks are easing up on the restrictions, so it's worth talking to them even if you only have a 10% deposit.

Or we could sell the boat we are in.

Reply #36 Posted: April 30, 2014, 01:07:32 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

Yeah, I had some fun with that, but there are options availible

Reply #37 Posted: April 30, 2014, 02:31:54 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted

I'm in the same boat as you.

However banks are easing up on the restrictions, so it's worth talking to them even if you only have a 10% deposit.

Or we could sell the boat we are in.

10% itself is hard enough as it is :( most homes worthy of raising a child in Auckland (not leaky;reasonable back/frontyard;close to good schools) are 500-650K .. that's a 50-60K deposit! that's a fucking shit load.

At last glance between myself and my partner, our kiwisaver is at 12-13k? If I could magic up an extra 40-50K that would be great.. but I'm not magic :(

Reply #38 Posted: April 30, 2014, 02:32:38 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted

Are the options..

- Rob 60-100K from bank.
- Arrange meeting with same bank and loan the remainder of the house.

Reply #39 Posted: April 30, 2014, 02:33:39 pm

Are the options..

- Rob 60-100K from bank.

Arrange a meeting with the bank to discuss a loan. When the bank tell you how much it will cost, fake a heart attack.

While everyone is distracted, partner robs the bank.

Reply #40 Posted: April 30, 2014, 02:45:22 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted

Are the options..

- Rob 60-100K from bank.

Arrange a meeting with the bank to discuss a loan. When the bank tell you how much it will cost, fake a heart attack.

While everyone is distracted, partner robs the bank.

I just about had a heart attack just now, the window cleaner just descended from the roof right into my office window 9-floors up.

Maybe I should ask him how much they get paid.

Reply #41 Posted: April 30, 2014, 02:46:48 pm

I just about had a heart attack just now, the window cleaner just descended from the roof right into my office window 9-floors up.

I heard it's pretty high up there. They have lots of opportunities to move up in their line of work.

Reply #42 Posted: April 30, 2014, 03:13:54 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted

I heard it's pretty high up there. They have lots of opportunities to move up in their line of work.

Although it panes me to say, I do have a slight fear of heights and that might come across badly in my interview as I tend to be quite transparent.

Reply #43 Posted: April 30, 2014, 03:22:43 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Fuck up, the both of you.

Fuck up now.

Reply #44 Posted: April 30, 2014, 03:39:43 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Fuck up, the both of you.

Fuck up now.

Reply #45 Posted: April 30, 2014, 03:40:48 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

can't stay mad at u babe <3

Reply #46 Posted: April 30, 2014, 04:03:22 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
<3

Reply #47 Posted: April 30, 2014, 04:04:08 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted

Are the options..

- Rob 60-100K from bank.

Actually, I used a guarantor on the deposit - which the bank was happy with, no money actually changes hands, just the bank is guaranteed on the deposit

Reply #48 Posted: April 30, 2014, 04:05:34 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted

Are the options..

- Rob 60-100K from bank.

Actually, I used a guarantor on the deposit - which the bank was happy with, no money actually changes hands, just the bank is guaranteed on the deposit

What? so you didn't pay a deposit?? which bank did you go through?

Reply #49 Posted: April 30, 2014, 04:06:37 pm