Topic: The Big Bang Theory

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1481528
At least Spinal Tap could sing and play their instruments.

And so the damning hammer of judgment falls:

Reply #100 Posted: October 20, 2012, 12:23:15 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Cultural Commodification

Reply #101 Posted: December 24, 2012, 10:44:35 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1512568
Cultural Commodification

TL/DW

Reply #102 Posted: December 24, 2012, 11:32:30 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Well, I think I am a geek, yet to call myself a geek proudly means I am not a geek?!?

now where did I put my fake glasses.....

Reply #103 Posted: December 24, 2012, 01:19:35 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Pitchey;1512569
TL/DW

Is THE BIG BANG THEORY guilty of using Nerd "Blackface"?

Reply #104 Posted: December 24, 2012, 01:27:18 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

This is waaaay better than The Big Bang Theory

Reply #105 Posted: December 24, 2012, 07:16:30 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
That's stupid, blackface wasn't too pander to black people.

Reply #106 Posted: December 25, 2012, 09:25:14 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Tiwa.

You're like a womanising macho man who swears he isn't gay and only sucks dick when he's drunk.

The amount of effort you're putting in to showing everyone you don't like The Big Bang Theory, uncovering its phallusies the more it works against you.

Reply #107 Posted: December 25, 2012, 09:49:27 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: The Demon Lord;1512573
Well, I think I am a geek, yet to call myself a geek proudly means I am not a geek?!?

now where did I put my fake glasses.....

Geeks are cool!

And for actual nerds

Reply #108 Posted: December 25, 2012, 10:01:36 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Retardobot;1512610
Tiwa.

You're like a womanising macho man who swears he isn't gay and only sucks dick when he's drunk.

Quote from: Retardobot;1512610
The amount of effort you're putting in to showing everyone you don't like The Big Bang Theory, uncovering its phallusies the more it works against you.

Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

Reply #109 Posted: December 25, 2012, 11:17:07 am

Offline Easymeat56k

• Just settled in
  • Easymeat56k has no influence.
oOh the humanity,
Show about nerds,has ACTORS who play fictional characters and so disappoint that ACTORS arent nerds in real world?
All so shocked when find out ACTOR,who plays the "Sheldon" is in real life,gay,yet plays the part of a straight nerd?
So disappoint in lower level God,Tiwaking.Alternate universe is alternate.
Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:37:44 am by Easymeat56k

Reply #110 Posted: December 25, 2012, 11:36:49 am
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: Easymeat56k;1512614
oOh the humanity,
Show about nerds,has ACTORS who play fictional characters and so disappoint that ACTORS arent nerds in real world?
All so shocked when find out ACTOR,who plays the "Sheldon" is in real life,gay,yet plays the part of a straight nerd?

Christmas present: space goes after punctuation.

Reply #111 Posted: December 25, 2012, 04:18:43 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Easymeat56k;1512614
oOh the humanity,

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9112031
Basically what I'm saying is that The Big Bang Theory is a show that A) shows no respect for its source material, and B) shows no respect for the progenitors of said source material. All of its main characters are malicious and stereotypical archetypes of nerds, geeks, dorks, and dweebs, and none of them ever grow beyond that capacity as characters or as persons. One could also easily view it as racially insensitive and sexist in its depiction of its primary minority and female characters. If you want a multi-camera sitcom that appeals to geeks (sorry nerds - besides the Science Channel, there's not much programming out there for you), watch something like Channel 4's The IT Crowd, or find a web series to watch pertaining to whatever niche interest you may have. Regardless of what you pick, it will likely be leagues better and less insulting than The Big Bang Theory. Like I said, this post is brief and by no means exhaustive, but I've at least let my stance be known on this god-forsaken show. To further drive my point home, I leave you with this.

http://joethepeacock.blogspot.com/2010/07/why-big-bang-theory-sucks.html

edit: Image Tag
Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:37:51 pm by Tiwaking!

Reply #112 Posted: February 05, 2013, 07:37:01 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
It blows my mind that there is so much dialogue directed at disliking a specific television show.

All I see is "I'm a socially inept turd, and it's not fair that this show clearly brings to light my inadequacies as a functioning member of society. I don't want people to know that I'm a robot unable to connect with others".

Glee doesn't get half the unwarranted hate TBBT gets, and it's a show that leads you believe that high-school is fun and full of song.

What do people like this Joe the ShitCock think his pissing and whining is going to accomplish apart from make him look like a pissy whiner? It's a fucking TV show.

WHY AM I SO FUCKING ANGRY ABOUT THIS?

EDIT: It's also been a couple of seasons since I have watched an episode.

Reply #113 Posted: February 05, 2013, 07:54:51 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Its a sitcom, get over it.

Reply #114 Posted: February 05, 2013, 08:27:49 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Retardobot;1516983
What do people like this Joe the ShitCock think his pissing and whining is going to accomplish apart from make him look like a pissy whiner? It's a fucking TV show.

WHY AM I SO FUCKING ANGRY ABOUT THIS?

EDIT: It's also been a couple of seasons since I have watched an episode.

Joe, like myself, doesnt want to live in a future where shit television gets applauded and accoladed while other, more deserving shows, disappear forgotten and unloved.

Imagine if the future consisted of nothing but reality tv. OH WAIT: It practically DOES consist of nothing but Reality TV. Why? BECAUSE NO ONE THREW A SHIT ABOUT IT.

The Big Bang Theory is to "Intellectual Comedy" what "Hillbilly Handfishin" is to the Discovery Channel.

A most disagreeable insult
Quote from: Retardobot;1516983

Glee doesn't get half the unwarranted hate TBBT gets, and it's a show that leads you believe that high-school is fun and full of song.
Glee is Fantasy.

The Big Bang Theory is science fiction.

Reply #115 Posted: February 05, 2013, 08:57:52 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

If people like it, it'll get watched.

Change the channel.

It's what I do to avoid reality TV shows. It works great, you should totally try it.

It's science fiction? There you go, end of story. Now go watch something you like, or start a Facebook group if you're really that passionate about not liking TV shows.

Go watch NOVA on PBS, get a couple of BBC doco's or even Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole.

http://www.globalonenessproject.org/?gclid=CPuPsbvinrUCFUhlpgodEh0ANw
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/

More and more thought provoking content is being produced than half-baked shows. You're just complaining that they aren't appearing on prime time, 7pm time slots.
Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:40:57 pm by Retardobot

Reply #116 Posted: February 05, 2013, 09:37:00 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1516979

What a huge rediculous stretch.
A nerd isn't a race and nor is it a group of people who have been subjected to being second class citizens or worse.
I would also agrue that the show portrays 'nerds' quite positively, all of those characters have fucking sweet jobs some have girlfriends and a 'hot girl' who hangs around with them because she finds them interesting.
Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:01:14 pm by Bell

Reply #117 Posted: February 05, 2013, 10:49:35 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Bell;1517005
What a huge rediculous stretch.
A nerd isn't a race and nor is it a group of people who have been subjected to being second class citizens or worse.
I would also agrue that the show portrays 'nerds' quite positively, all of those characters have fucking sweet jobs some have girlfriends and a 'hot girl' who hangs around with them because she finds them interesting.

Scientific Joke = COMEDY GOLD!!!11oneone

Reply #118 Posted: February 05, 2013, 11:47:09 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Find a real cause :P

Reply #119 Posted: February 06, 2013, 12:32:36 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bell;1517011

this^

It's a shitty show, but it's not that important.

I don't give a shit that there's so much reality crap on, caaaaaaaaaaaause I don't watch it.

Reply #120 Posted: February 06, 2013, 10:14:40 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Bell;1517011

What you see:

What I see:

The difference is I know I am right and you seem to think it doesnt matter.

It matters.

Reply #121 Posted: February 10, 2013, 07:39:46 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
And Hogans Heroes is a historically accurate representation of WW2 POW camps.

Reply #122 Posted: February 11, 2013, 07:39:20 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Black Heart;1517692
And Hogans Heroes is a historically accurate representation of WW2 POW camps.

DAMN IT BH

No one was suppose to reply so that he realised it doesn't actually matter.

Reply #123 Posted: February 11, 2013, 08:08:57 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Tiwa's mad cuz they betterer at rockband! :stupid:

Reply #124 Posted: February 11, 2013, 08:18:48 pm