Topic: The Big Bang Theory

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1481524
Calm your moobs, it's only a TV show.

At least Spinal Tap could sing and play their instruments.

This is ridiculous. And it also explains how they managed to setup the Talisman board game backwards.

Reply #75 Posted: April 20, 2012, 09:41:54 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
I'm going to learn to play a board game off of a TV show.

Reply #76 Posted: April 21, 2012, 09:00:24 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1481548
I'm going to learn to play a board game off of a TV show.

American Chopper: DVD Board Game

But if that one is too hard for you

Monopoly: American Chopper Edition

Sorry if I seem condescending, but I have found that fans of American Chopper have difficulty reading.

Reply #77 Posted: April 21, 2012, 09:28:09 am

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
Never heard of the show, don't have a sky subscription.

Reply #78 Posted: April 21, 2012, 11:26:37 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1481560

You do realise that is the internet your posting to?

Reply #79 Posted: April 21, 2012, 11:33:16 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1481560

Grey's Anatomy Trivia Board Game

What about Project Runway?

Reply #80 Posted: April 21, 2012, 11:41:37 am

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
@re: I'm just generally not into TV at all and only have a collection of a few shows.
@tiwa:I've only seen grey's anatomy once, never going to watch project runway. Not sure why there would ever be a board game though unless it was something like operation.

Reply #81 Posted: April 21, 2012, 11:01:14 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
That 100th episode thing.

Who the fuck gave the job to that boring, over-dressed, ginga hipster? You could see all the actors couldn't be bothered with talking to him because he was void of any decent traits that makes for an entertaining presenter.

I guess he thought what he was doing was too mainstream and made a conscious effort to suck.

Reply #82 Posted: April 24, 2012, 08:45:14 am

Offline Velazquez

• I Posted!
  • Velazquez has no influence.
I should say that this is one of my favourite series. The second after 'How I Met Your Mother'. Sheldon, my love!

Reply #83 Posted: August 16, 2012, 11:35:18 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Big Bang Theory is the comedy that dumb people watch to feel smart because once a season Sheldon makes a joke about 100 level maths, he makes a few more about higher maths (or physics) but the real joke is in the explanation of the joke or the complexity of the joke as a social situation.

and what's up with how fast everyone talks? It's like the Gilmore Girls with men.

Chuck is pretty good, it gets a bit stale, I got annoyed with how namby pamby chatty everyone was around the guns, so many times I was frustrated that the character didn't just shoot the baddie and get it over with, then season 5 came along and suddenly people are actually killing the baddies cause it makes sense!

Reply #84 Posted: August 17, 2012, 12:06:39 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1498984
Big Bang Theory is the comedy that dumb people watch to feel smart because once a season Sheldon makes a joke about 100 level maths, he makes a few more about higher maths (or physics) but the real joke is in the explanation of the joke or the complexity of the joke as a social situation.

and what's up with how fast everyone talks? It's like the Gilmore Girls with men.

Chuck is pretty good, it gets a bit stale, I got annoyed with how namby pamby chatty everyone was around the guns, so many times I was frustrated that the character didn't just shoot the baddie and get it over with, then season 5 came along and suddenly people are actually killing the baddies cause it makes sense!
I believe you will enjoy watching Firefly and then Serenity if you have not already

TBBT got old after the first season

Chuck is better watched with a gap between each episode for the cliffhangers to take effect.

Reply #85 Posted: August 17, 2012, 07:11:03 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1498984

We get it, you're studying math.

And nope. I doubt people watch TBBT to feel smart the same way people don't watch Shortland St. in order to brush up on their brain surgery. They watch it because they like the characters, the audience can usually relate to them and the humour is delivered reasonably well.

Reply #86 Posted: August 17, 2012, 07:46:21 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1499072
We get it, you're studying math.

engineering actually.

Reply #87 Posted: August 17, 2012, 08:14:08 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1499079
engineering actually.

Engineering is just applied maths. Unless you are doing civil, then its applied concrete.

I dont think the show tries to be smart, nor do people watch it to feel smart (chuck lorres shows being smart is almost laughable). In the first few seasons it was pretty much stereotypical geeks interacting with the real world, and all the expected laughs. And part of those laughs were bits of nerd humour, including a few smart jokes. That being said now the show is pretty much just a typical sitcom, with a bunch of characters going through their everyday life. I still watch it mainly because i dont really give up a shows once i have got into them, unless they go horrifically bad.

Reply #88 Posted: August 19, 2012, 10:37:42 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: toofast;1499353
I still watch it mainly because i dont really give up a shows once i have got into them, unless they go horrifically bad.

Hmmm

When did The Big Bang Theory Jump the Shark ?
http://www.jumpedtheshark.co.uk/tv-shows-b/big-bang-theory-the/
Jumped from the start (2 votes)
Oh and
http://www.tvguide.com/PhotoGallery/Shows-Jumped-Shark-1025939/1025949
The Big Bang Theory

"I loved the show when it started. Season 2 was even better than the first. Season 3 started so well and then went downhill… rather fast. To say that Leonard and Penny have zero chemistry would be a lie because it's so much worse. Let it go, writers; don't try to bring them back together. Please." —  s_mae

Reply #89 Posted: August 20, 2012, 07:03:16 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I watch it because i'm total nerd, and they have Star Trek actors who make appearances, which gets me all excitied.

Reply #90 Posted: August 20, 2012, 09:22:27 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Season 3 is always a dreaded time for shows. It usually makes or breaks a season. Sometimes it breaks it and the writers/watchers don't realise.

Reply #91 Posted: August 20, 2012, 09:30:36 am

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
Since this is a subjective topic I cant really say that The Big Bang Theory is a terrible show...but I can say with 100% accuracy that I fucking hate it. (insert pause and laugh track here)

Reply #92 Posted: August 20, 2012, 05:26:32 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #93 Posted: August 20, 2012, 06:07:23 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Bell;1499474
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmLQaTcViOA

That is amazing. That is pretty much my opinion of the show.

The funniest program on television is easily Modern Family. No laugh track. Brilliant writing and characters. And the only 'silly' premise is Ed O'Neil who is, lets face it, a God among men.

Reply #94 Posted: August 20, 2012, 06:17:02 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I'd say parks n rec is probably a bit funnier imo, but definitely PnR and MF right at the top

Reply #95 Posted: August 20, 2012, 06:20:59 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: nick247;1499466
Since this is a subjective topic I cant really say that The Big Bang Theory is a terrible show...but I can say with 100% accuracy that I fucking hate it. (insert pause and laugh track here)

that show penny use to be in had that too....man it pisssd me off....

Reply #96 Posted: August 20, 2012, 08:14:57 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1499476
The funniest program on television is easily Modern Family. No laugh track. Brilliant writing and characters. And the only 'silly' premise is Ed O'Neil who is, lets face it, a God among men.

Always sunny has to be the best. Though parks and recs and MF are always good for laughs.

Reply #97 Posted: August 20, 2012, 09:09:19 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I've just finished watching Portlandia, that shit is brilliant as well

Reply #98 Posted: August 20, 2012, 09:34:14 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: woofnstuff;569500
sorry didnt like it
forced canned laughter to tell me when its funny dosnt work for me, esp when you start hearing the same laugh sample more than once in the first 5 mins

Hmmmm....

http://caesarsghost.wordpress.com/2012/10/01/new-tv-series-to-take-place-in-new-york-city/
A press release expanding on the news explained that the ten multi-ethnic young characters will live in apartments in the East Village, where they will frequent trendy cafes, encounter wily neighbors, and struggle to make ends meet.There will be at least one love triangle established in the first episode; one character will work on Wall Street; one will be an actress still finding her way; two characters will be gay; and one character will have a very funny Indian accent.

Reply #99 Posted: October 03, 2012, 09:18:51 am