Topic: Prof. Sugarcube's Ban Appeal

Offline ♥Prof. Sugarcube™♥

• I Posted!
  • ♥Prof. Sugarcube™♥ has no influence.
The Game: TF2
Your game name: ♥Prof. Sugarcube™♥
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:26362852
The time you tried to connect and got the error: Around 7pm AEST Thursday the 21st. About 10pm NZTime
Any info on why you were banned: My ban reason says "Disrespectful, argumentative, rude and not a nice person to have on the server". I have reasoning to prove this is actually not the case, and the ban was a part of something else.

Another admin told me i should post this appeal on the forums too, I have made one on the other website for this community.

Alright. This will be a read. But it is worth the read, as this is majorly a rollercoaster from start to finish.

I would be considered a "regular of GetSome #2". That doesn't mean much to anyone except probably me but it's worth just noting.

On the day i was banned in question i was banned for "a general not nice person on the server". To this I ask, what exactly did I do to get this ban? I was away from computer for 5-10 minutes, to which I come back, and i've been banned, permanently.

Now if i was to go back to earlier today, on GetSome Trade #2, the senior admin courpse was talking to me through IRC. I have a small snippit of the chat from the console;

https://gyazo.com/8b57351a9bccace8804737172d3a9d5a

courpse was going off about how himself, and treble, another senior mod, were legitimately "working together"to find reasons to ban me. Courpse himself has said so plenty of times, and witnesses of Trade #2 can confirm.

The ban was placed by treble himself. Now when i got banned, someone who wishes to remain anonymous copy pasted chats from treble himself, as well as the fact he was a bit TOO happy about me being banned

https://gyazo.com/1b42bde108a605fed32466f37c97a800 After I got banned, courtesy of the regular
https://gyazo.com/990e2e2977dd83e52dc30d13edfb6bc8 Chat logs courtesy of that regular too, as well as some information
https://gyazo.com/62822ec8a144fae7a38fb1b811a555cf More information that they were working together to try to ban me. This happened 3 hours before the actual ban.

Now a premise i have for treble disliking me occurred 2 days ago on the same server. Someone was complaining about buds dropping = economy dying blah blah blah. As someone who price suggests on bp.tf i decide to pitch in the facts I know. Treble decides to input his ideas which were, wrong to say the least. But i still decided to finish the convo when i felt it was going nowhere. Here is what happened in as best as I could explain it

https://gyazo.com/2111e231dc4cc30fcf4645a6eaecb8fc Yes I do come off as bit of an ass but hey, personal standpoints and all.

Generally this ban was nothing more than a senior admin's opinion of me.
This ban does also say that i'm "unpleasant on the server". I can definitely say that the only people to ever have problems with me on GetSome at a serious level was courpse and treble. And only them. While some might look down on me using such this term as it is thrown loosely around, I reckon this is actual a proper time for the usage of the phrase Admin Abuse. Because I was banned for nothing more than a personal opinion.

If it's possible you can even gather other regulars of Trade #2. They'll say that i'm not "unpleasant" on the server. Because as I repeat, the only people to ever have a problem with me were courpse and treble.

Another admin of GetSome had this to say, when i told him of courpse's interesting IRC chat with me

https://gyazo.com/5766409ca398667b8a79a0df50ae2ce6

Thank you for reading this, hopefully at least some answer can be provided to what exactly is going on.

Posted: January 21, 2016, 10:22:35 pm

Offline Untamed

• I Posted!
  • Untamed has no influence.
Prof. Sugarcube is many things
But "Disrespectful, argumentative, rude and not a nice person" does not fit in that category.

Reply #1 Posted: January 21, 2016, 10:38:49 pm

• I Posted!
https://gyazo.com/53fc80cc2405c233ac5dc7e844093e14 Another regular just told me this when I linked him this appeal

Reply #2 Posted: January 21, 2016, 11:43:19 pm

Offline Michael Rosenigma

• I Posted!
  • Michael Rosenigma has no influence.
Disrespectful, argumentative, rude and not a nice person to have on the server?  Seems like the most half baked excuse for a ban ever.  I've been around Getsome's Trade Servers for quite some time now and I've seen a lot..  That said, let's get started..

The first thing I'd like to touch on is how incredibly false it is to say "disrespectful" and "rude" when referring to Sugarcube, one of the reasons for this being that most people on the server (the ones that I know are kind people with lovely personalities to go with the community) either know or are friends with Sugarcube as a result of his friendly and respectful nature.  The other reason for this excuse of "disrespectful" and "rude" being false is because I've only ever seen Sugarcube retaliate.  More specifically, in the decent amount of time I spend on the server, I've only seen Sugarcube being directly rude to people who are actually rude and disrespectful.  I see a lot of people around who are complete jerks (some of which are even long time members of the server) and never have I seen them told off (even in situations where an admin is present.)  What I've seen and heard myself leads me to believe that the treatment of players is biased (This of which I've been aware of to a certain extent before this incident.)

Moving on to the "argumentative" aspect.  The only thing you could possibly refer to are arguments regarding weapons (The only other type of argument I've seen from Sugarcube is related to economical questions.)  Considering that these "arguments" are not only very brief and that the second form of argument (or as most others would call it, discussion unless you're stubborn) that has come from Sugarcube comes from experience and knowledge (Other than myself, I've seen plenty of people ask Sugarcube questions related to the economy or trading with an outcome of satisfaction along with getting more help than most others could provide.) I have trouble believing that anyone could possibly see that as a fair reason to ban someone because not only is it informative and "educational" in a sense, but opposing perspectives would more likely be based on opinion rather than fact.

Now I'd like to touch on quite possibly the biggest god damn giveaway that this ban wasn't for fair reason, it's saying that Sugarcube is "not a nice person to have on the server."  I don't know what kind of whacky alternate reality courpse or treble are living in (and I have never had any quarrels, arguments or negative experiences with either of them before so don't think I'm targetting or attacking them for any personal reasons) because Sugarcube is a kind and caring person as long as you aren't a dick to him.  The very reasons presented for his ban suggests a more personal disliking by courpse  and treble than it does a decision that the community would support.  As admins are (hopefully) supposed to uphold the expectations of anyone else (but to a higher level) along with admin responsibilities, I find it surprising that certain staff members are more unpleasant and rude without consequence (doesn't exactly send a good message about behavior to newer players who pass by either) while Sugarcube (who is rarely either of those things) gets a permanent ban.

That's about all I have to say and I know plenty of others who would agree with me.  If there are spelling errors or sentences that make no sense, my apologies (haven't slept in 32 hours.)

Thank you for reading and I hope the right thing is done in the end.

Reply #3 Posted: January 22, 2016, 01:16:25 am

• I Posted!
https://gyazo.com/c2993b7b60acf007e773e48cafe5c198 Apparently treble is blaming the ban entirely on me that i give "shit" to courpse and himself.

Considering i gave a friendly hello in a screenshot above to courpse, only to be met with a ban threat, as well as tending to be direct as possible with admins without fluttering, I would assume he's only looking for reasons to keep me banned at this point.

Reply #4 Posted: January 22, 2016, 01:32:19 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Disrespectful, argumentative, rude and not a nice person to have on the server?  Seems like the most half baked excuse for a ban ever.

Being disrespectful or rude is a perfectly valid reason for a ban, but that aside, no excuse is needed. If the admins decide to ban someone because they breathed, or looked funny, that's a valid reason for a ban, because you have no guaranteed right to use these freely provided servers.

Much like the sign at many bars "right of admission refused" meaning they can not let you in, or kick you out, for any reason, at any time, without having to justify it.

Reply #5 Posted: January 22, 2016, 08:15:58 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
I have made one on the other website for this community.

What is 'the other website'

Reply #6 Posted: January 22, 2016, 09:04:08 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

• I Posted!
I have made one on the other website for this community.

What is 'the other website'

http://bans.getsome.co.nz/index.php

Reply #7 Posted: January 22, 2016, 09:23:47 am

Offline Suca

• Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.
Thank you for your unban request, other people's input will mean jack shit in the decision process. We get your side of the story admins side of the story and then decide.

I am away overseas so will review this when I return to the country.

Reply #8 Posted: January 22, 2016, 09:45:01 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
The ban has been uplifted, still pending a review discussion with seniors and when suca gets back from holiday.

Reply #9 Posted: January 23, 2016, 11:21:11 am