Topic: What did you do to your vehicle today?

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I drove it to the supermarket so I could buy more chocolate drops to put in another batch of cookies.

Reply #25 Posted: February 21, 2011, 07:02:18 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: BerG.;1361803
Exciting pics to come!

Before:

After:

Reply #26 Posted: February 21, 2011, 09:33:22 pm

Offline Donkey

• Addicted
  • Donkey has no influence.
Quote from: han16;1362017
Gained carpal tunnel while attempting to remove the haze from my Soarer's headlights, does look somewhat marginally better however.

Really not looking forward to doing this on my car.

Reply #27 Posted: February 21, 2011, 09:50:18 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: han16;1362017
Gained carpal tunnel while attempting to remove the haze from my Soarer's headlights, does look somewhat marginally better however.

How does that work? What's haze?

Reply #28 Posted: February 22, 2011, 07:51:16 am

Offline Ares Helix

• Just settled in
  • Ares Helix might someday be someone...Ares Helix might someday be someone...Ares Helix might someday be someone...Ares Helix might someday be someone...
Grrr, reply fail! Just typed one and now all gone :(

Ok, NZ Sunshine is pretty nasty due to a lack of UV filtering ozone, the cause of all those terrible things like melanomas,
heat stroke and slip slop slap and wrap adverts.

Most cars are sensitive to it as well, hence your paint will last longer of parked inside. The Head-light lenses of most cars
are prone to discolouration and 'clouding' after prolonged exposure to NZ's harmful UV levels.

Quickest way to sort them is with a bit of cutting compound and an orbital buffer (even a cheap one!) but once you start doing this, you'll need to keep doing it every few months...
Or at least each warrant!

Reply #29 Posted: February 22, 2011, 08:41:55 am
Need some music to play to?
Click here!

Offline SLAYER!@#

• Addicted
  • SLAYER!@# has no influence.
Going to go and wash my new addition... M35 Stagea.

Reply #30 Posted: February 22, 2011, 10:15:07 am

Offline Ares Helix

• Just settled in
  • Ares Helix might someday be someone...Ares Helix might someday be someone...Ares Helix might someday be someone...Ares Helix might someday be someone...
Quote from: SLAYER!@#;1362174
Going to go and wash my new addition... M35 Stagea.

NICE!!!

Reply #31 Posted: February 22, 2011, 11:19:44 am
Click here!

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1362160

Haze is pretty much oxidation of the plastic.

Reply #32 Posted: February 22, 2011, 11:24:53 am

Offline Ares Helix

• Just settled in
Or a really bad FPS?

Reply #33 Posted: February 22, 2011, 11:41:51 am
Click here!

Offline Scorched_onion

• Addicted
  • Scorched_onion has no influence.
Quote from: DDM;1361682
I'm in the process of changing my interior colour scheme. So far all i've done is had my roof lining changed from white to black and got my windows tinted to 18%. I've also painted my A, B and C pillars black as well as the reading lights and main console lights and the hooks/handles attached to the roof. Next job is retrim for the seats as well as a new set of 20" rims to replace my current ones because cleaning chrome is long task.

Also, anyone know of people lowering a ba/bf falcon thats running on 20s? I get a little bit of tyre rubbing at full lock, just want to know how much worse it will get if i lower the car a bit.

Roll your guards?

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1362160

Makes your lights yellow.

Picked myself up an AE101 1992 levin on the weekend, Lowered on 17s, big bore etc, REALLY REALLY dirty. Dust everywhere, even on the inside and on every panel. Drive it from albany to the hole. Checked oil and radiator fluid. Oil level is really really low, radiator fluid is rust coloured. In mates car go to get new oil, oil filter and some other crap.

Flushed oil, 2 whole litres of BLACK as BLACK oil comes out, change filter, running nicer but still misfiring a little bit. Changed and flushed radiator. Pick up a set of spark plugs, take out the old ones and they're worn to shit and the spacing is massive and inconsistent throughout the set. Replace those, take it for a spin, no more misfiring and its running so much nicer (also cause of the oil etc).

Next day go to a mates place and wash the outside of the car, cutting compound the hell out of my lights and polish them crazy as. Looking much nicer, they were really yellow. Completely strip out interior, seats and panels and everything, clean all the panels (covered in dust). Vacuum the whole thing and spray interior cleaner everywhere then scrub it off and vacuum it again, cleaned all the dust and excess things such as nuts and crap which were lying everywhere. Repainted interior peices black which had been painted white with a paint brush (clock, surrounds of air vents etc). Fixed air conditioning, my lights and replaced other fuses which were blown. New steering wheel and gear knob (steering wheel was peeling black stuff all over my hands). New floor mats (it had honda accord euro floor mats for gods sake), took out some stuff and fixed a few rattles. Glued the panel thing where your handbrake is back down so it doesn't move now. Cleaned all the windows etc. So much nicer now, we couldn't believe how dirty it was.
Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:51:35 pm by Scorched_onion

Reply #34 Posted: February 22, 2011, 07:49:34 pm

Asus P5Q P45 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 3ghz, from 2.33 | HD6850 1gbGDDR5 | NZXT Tempest | Seagate 1TB | Gigabyte Odin Pro 550w | 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL DDR2-1000 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | BenQ T2200HD 22" 1920x1080 | Microsoft Sidewinder x8 Gaming Mouse | Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech Z2300 2.1

Quote from: Pyromanik;1442484
WANK UPSIDE DOWN: GIVE YOURSELF A FACIAL

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I drove it through liquifaction.

Reply #35 Posted: February 23, 2011, 12:23:29 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

mines stuck in a car park in town :/ no idea if it is fucked or not

I will shed many man tears if it is fucked

Reply #36 Posted: February 23, 2011, 11:59:53 am

Offline Nyan

• Addicted
  • Nyan has no influence.
Today, I cleaned my cars carpets. Such a big difference.

Reply #37 Posted: March 12, 2011, 07:50:45 pm

Codex

Is that hazey crap hard to remove on headlights? Would have to pull mine apart to do it D:

Reply #38 Posted: March 12, 2011, 08:27:37 pm

Offline Donkey

• Addicted
Quote from: Codex;1367846
Is that hazey crap hard to remove on headlights? Would have to pull mine apart to do it D:

It can be. Often it can be removed using wet and dry sandpaper and polish. Of course this is removing the hazed layer and uncovering fresh plastic and they will go hazey again.

Today i topped up my oil, it required 2 liters....500km's ago it was full... I think there might be a problem :(

Reply #39 Posted: March 13, 2011, 11:51:25 am

Codex

ouch -_- hopefully it's not leaking into rad fluid?

Reply #40 Posted: March 13, 2011, 12:29:24 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Donkey;1367966
Today i topped up my oil, it required 2 liters....500km's ago it was full... I think there might be a problem :(

Oh noes. I hate that feeling of 'oh, there could be a problem'.
I nursed a Mitsubishi van across the nulabor and it was using almost that much oil, bloody thing only had 120K on the clock :/
Seemed fine and passed all the insepctions when I bought it... Tits or wheels ay.

Reply #41 Posted: March 13, 2011, 03:01:28 pm

Offline Scorched_onion

• Addicted
Quote from: Codex;1367846

Its not that hard, the way i do it is just get a wet microfibre and jiff, and i scrub the crap out of the headlights with the jiff for ages and then wipe it off then polish it hard as and it shows up much better.

Reply #42 Posted: March 13, 2011, 03:10:42 pm

Asus P5Q P45 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 3ghz, from 2.33 | HD6850 1gbGDDR5 | NZXT Tempest | Seagate 1TB | Gigabyte Odin Pro 550w | 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL DDR2-1000 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | BenQ T2200HD 22" 1920x1080 | Microsoft Sidewinder x8 Gaming Mouse | Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech Z2300 2.1

Offline Donkey

• Addicted
Quote from: Codex;1367987
ouch -_- hopefully it's not leaking into rad fluid?

No it's not going in to the coolant. It's going out the back in huge clouds of smoke :/ Stuffed piston rings seems to be the general consensus. It's been doing it for a while and I just keep topping up the oil. Although 2 liters in 500km is the worst it's been.

Reply #43 Posted: March 13, 2011, 04:10:02 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Donkey;1368055
No it's not going in to the coolant. It's going out the back in huge clouds of smoke :/ Stuffed piston rings seems to be the general consensus. It's been doing it for a while and I just keep topping up the oil. Although 2 liters in 500km is the worst it's been.

Nuetral + brick on the throttle + video camera = BANG youtube clip

I joke.

Engine rebuild time though :(

Reply #44 Posted: March 13, 2011, 04:58:27 pm

Offline Ninja

• Just settled in
  • Ninja has no influence.
lol, yea my car, engine mount bolt snapped, rocked the motor, snapped another mount, the engine jumped, caused the cam belt to jump a tooth on the pulley, altered the cam timing something like 15 advance, ruined the tensioners and idlers, and sheared off all the head bolts, inside the head.

Sigh

Workshop time

Reply #45 Posted: March 13, 2011, 09:05:42 pm
Ninja! We Own The Night!

Offline Scorched_onion

• Addicted
Great.

Reply #46 Posted: March 13, 2011, 11:10:16 pm

Offline Donkey

• Addicted
Quote from: Emrico1;1368069
Nuetral + brick on the throttle + video camera = BANG youtube clip

I joke.

Engine rebuild time though :(

Yeah nah, nice fresh rebuilt turbo on there. Maybe if I take that off first.

TBH i don't think a rebuild is economical. It's a 1JZGTE, i'm hoping to pick up a lowish mileage engine and just chuck that straight in there. Haven't found a suitable one yet.

Reply #47 Posted: March 14, 2011, 10:01:14 am

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: Donkey;1368179
Yeah nah, nice fresh rebuilt turbo on there. Maybe if I take that off first.

TBH i don't think a rebuild is economical. It's a 1JZGTE, i'm hoping to pick up a lowish mileage engine and just chuck that straight in there. Haven't found a suitable one yet.

Sounds like a good plan :)

Reply #48 Posted: March 14, 2011, 10:41:40 am

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
Put new wheels on my car the otherday, $1200 worth of tires for $600, love knowing people.

Will post pics tonight.

Next on the agenda is to get 6 new NGK Iridium plugs.

Reply #49 Posted: March 14, 2011, 12:21:23 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.