Topic: Scheduled Server Updating?

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
Hey guys, just wanted to know if anyone else is having trouble connecting to server this morning/afternoon?

A few of us have been trying to connect this morning (before the scheduled midday restart/update) and we were all getting "Mod Version Mismatch" error message.  So we waited until after the midday restart before trying to connect again but its still giving us the same mod mismatch error.

Also, I know from past experience that running/maintaining a server can often be a tiring and thankless job.  So I just wanted to say once again thanks to Gutty for taking the time needed to install the mods and iron out the bugs in the server.  As always your efforts are greatly appreciated.

It took me a while to adjust to the new server settings but now that I'm used to it I couldn't imagine going back.  The higher level dinos/difficulty setting is fantastic in combination with the ARK Advanced mod.

Posted: March 22, 2016, 03:05:05 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
has there been an update to this after the 6pm update?

Reply #1 Posted: March 22, 2016, 06:02:47 pm

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
Just tried to get back in but still getting mod mismatch error.  I just deleted the mod folder contents and am currently reinstalling the mods will see if that works.

Reply #2 Posted: March 22, 2016, 06:29:59 pm

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
Well so far I've tried unsubscribing and deleting the entire mod folder content then resubscribing still no luck.  It was weird cos when I tried to rejoin the server I got a different message this time "Failed to install mod map".  So I deleted them all again and redownloaded and am now getting the mod mismatch error again.

Reply #3 Posted: March 22, 2016, 07:55:45 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Instead of subscribing manually maybe let the game do it?

Reply #4 Posted: March 22, 2016, 10:15:49 pm

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
Instead of subscribing manually maybe let the game do it?

Did that as well, tried to verify the game cache which was fine even rebooted and tried to let the game resubscribe but still getting the same mod mismatch again.

I'm trying it again for the second time since I rebooted we'll see if it works this time, only problem is I keep getting a connection timeout from the server when trying to connect which interrupts the mods downloading.
Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:37:31 pm by S][N

Reply #5 Posted: March 22, 2016, 10:20:40 pm

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
We're still having trouble connecting to the server today/tonight, we tried logging in on two of our computers here as well as one of our other tribe members from their house who is also getting the same mod mismatch. 

I managed to deduce that the mod mismatch message comes immediately after the game finishes downloading and installing mod #539464369 (Advanced architecture). 

Its a weird bug - Von had issues logging in for a number of days with the version mismatch and yet a few of us were able to join and play just fine during that time and now only Von seems to be able to connect.

In the interest of trouble shooting (or as a temporary solution), would it be possible to upload a copy of the servers mod folder/files somewhere so we can download and try pinpoint exactly which mod is causing us issues.

I've tried everything including reinstalling ark and all mods from scratch, letting the game subscribe to the mods, system restore, pretty much everything bar reformatting my pc and nothing seems to have worked.

It also occurred to me that since Von started experiencing the first mod mismatch issue on the 17th there was a sudden decline in the amount of players successfully able to connect to the server.   We would often see many players trying to join then immediately be dropped from the server which makes me wonder if there is a possible correlation. 

Can anyone else provide any feedback on whether or not they can successfully join?
Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 12:35:28 am by S][N

Reply #6 Posted: March 24, 2016, 12:17:49 am

Offline VonRippedoften

• Just settled in
  • VonRippedoften has no influence.
Maybe the game version needs to be manually updated? I have had a 520mb game update on pause since around the same time you guys suddenly couldn't join. Not sure if that will fix the issue but just an idea. as far as i know i'm the only one who has kept this update on hold and i'm also the only one who can currently join

Reply #7 Posted: March 24, 2016, 06:00:52 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
I had to completely reinstall in the weekend due to full hard drive and once I free'd up some space, it wouldn't carry on.

The reason I haven't done anything to the server since you reported this sin, is because people are on the server. so i'm assuming its client side.

Reply #8 Posted: March 24, 2016, 09:59:04 pm

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
I had to completely reinstall in the weekend due to full hard drive and once I free'd up some space, it wouldn't carry on.

The reason I haven't done anything to the server since you reported this sin, is because people are on the server. so i'm assuming its client side.

Heya Gutty, as far as I'm aware (and I've been monitoring the server very closely this week) Von has been the only person able to connect to and play on the server since I logged out early hours of the morning on the 22nd March.  Also the 22nd (which would have been the 21st overseas) incidentally coincides with the most recently released update for the advanced architecture mod which my client wouldn't have downloaded until I started the game later that morning and since doing so I and others have not been able to connect. 

It can't be an isolated incident as I have been asking some of the other regulars to try and connect (not just from different computers at my home address but across the country) and they have all said they are getting the same mod mismatch error and unable to connect.  I've been through exhaustive tests on my pc, reinstalled ARK/Steam and even Windows multiple times, trawled through pages of forums to research similar issues and nothing they've suggested has worked.

The only thing that Von has done differently is withheld from downloading the most recent official ARK non-mandatory updates.

Prior to all this I was the only person able to connect to the server successfully for approx. 2 days and Von was having the same issue.  I could tell there were plenty of others "trying" to join as I could see their steamID's attempting to connect to the server and then within seconds drop connection. 

Von eventually managed to fix his issue by unsubscribing from all mods, manual deletion of all mod related files, and then letting the game/server subscribe to the mods.  Those of us who I know have been having issues have all tried to repeat Von's process exactly (many times) without any success, not even a complete reformat of my PC fixed the issue. 

I thought it could be a bad HDD or dodgy ram causing the game files to corrupt but I have tested both extensively and they came back clear on all results.  Even if failing PC components were found to be the problem on my end, that wouldn't explain why the others are having the same mod mismatch issue.

I know your probably extremely busy this week so I'm not going to sit here and harass you to fix the server right now or anything (that wasn't the point of me creating this thread) I only wanted to bring it to your attention that the server almost certainly requires a closer look.  I'll be off for the weekend so its not going to affect me as much, but there are probably quite a few regulars out there who would be looking forward to a weekend of gaming ARK and having to look elsewhere to play.
Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:17:17 am by S][N

Reply #9 Posted: March 25, 2016, 10:43:36 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Thanks for that sin. i understand the frustration for you all.

I am home now and will get onto it now

Reply #10 Posted: March 25, 2016, 11:54:55 am

Offline VonRippedoften

• Just settled in
Been real busy with my paintbrush since you guys have just been lying there sleeping like babies ;-)

Reply #11 Posted: March 25, 2016, 12:12:18 pm

Offline S][N

• Just settled in
  • S][N has no influence.
Been real busy with my paintbrush since you guys have just been lying there sleeping like babies ;-)

Curled up in the corner assuming the fetal position crying like babies you mean hahaha

Reply #12 Posted: March 25, 2016, 12:20:37 pm

Offline VonRippedoften

• Just settled in
Mod version mismatch lol. I'm downloading that update ive had on hold now. Fingers crossed

Reply #13 Posted: March 25, 2016, 12:54:15 pm

Offline VonRippedoften

• Just settled in
All good mate. I'm in and so is SN. Maybe there's been an issue with auto update function. Thanks for looking into this anyway mate

Reply #14 Posted: March 25, 2016, 01:33:08 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
I took a few mods off the running list, theres a chance of a collision between 2 of them. I will add in the xtras ones and see if that does anything

Reply #15 Posted: March 25, 2016, 05:32:38 pm