Topic: Old Reliable Suppliers Thread

Offline tono14

• Just settled in
  • tono14 has no influence.
DragonPC
http://www.dragonpc.co.nz/c.aspx
Reason: Poor service, unreliable staff, website difficult to work with. Will not refund if no stock available

Beg to differ... the Asians are useless but ask for Greg he is amazing

Reply #125 Posted: June 02, 2011, 08:57:35 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Oh, and another supplier you can add to the list that's reliable, is www.xoxide.com over in the states, they're good for modding supplies etc, shipping as a bit slow though, took nearly a month to get some thumbscrews shipped over, but worth it making sure they were legit.

Reply #126 Posted: June 03, 2011, 02:57:14 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline NZGramps

• Devoted Member
  • NZGramps has no influence.
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1387696
http://www.legionenterprises.co.nz Anybody know much about these guys? Things seem rather cheap, so I'd love to buy some stuff from them IF they're legit.

Edit: Guess I'll find out for myself, been told by 'NZGramps' that they're all good, so hopefully receiving my ATX modding kit in the mail very soon =D

based on one purchase, but you should be sweet, got mine within couple of days.

Reply #127 Posted: June 03, 2011, 04:25:33 pm
Keep off the Lawn!!

Offline 3viction

• Addicted
  • 3viction has no influence.
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1387696
http://www.legionenterprises.co.nz Anybody know much about these guys? Things seem rather cheap, so I'd love to buy some stuff from them IF they're legit.

Edit: Guess I'll find out for myself, been told by 'NZGramps' that they're all good, so hopefully receiving my ATX modding kit in the mail very soon =D

Yup a mate and I have both purchased from them and has been fine, comes within a few days.
Also http://www.superpc.co.nz seems fine, christchurch based and delivered it to me.

Reply #128 Posted: June 07, 2011, 06:31:09 pm
snprkd

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Quote from: NZGramps;1387912
based on one purchase, but you should be sweet, got mine within couple of days.

Quote from: 3viction;1388728
Yup a mate and I have both purchased from them and has been fine, comes within a few days.
Also http://www.superpc.co.nz seems fine, christchurch based and delivered it to me.

Sweet, got my ATX modding kit, week shipping isn't the best, but I guess it was a long weekend haha, cheers guys.

Reply #129 Posted: June 09, 2011, 10:25:51 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Stan [NZGU]

• I Posted!
  • Stan [NZGU] has no influence.
Try to avoid Computer Lounge these days, mediocre service and excessive charges.

Reply #130 Posted: June 24, 2011, 12:58:15 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: 'Stan [NZGU
;1394225'] and excessive charges.

what do you mean excessive charges? shipping charges? cost to build new pcs?

Reply #131 Posted: June 26, 2011, 09:49:11 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
The last 4 items I have purchased have been from CL, the most recent a few weeks back. Their pricing and service has been impeccable

Reply #132 Posted: June 26, 2011, 09:56:38 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Bought a keyboard off CL at around 3:30pm. Arrived here at 10:00am (Auckland to Gisborne, free). If that is bad service or excessive charges, I'll be a donkeys ass.

Reply #133 Posted: June 26, 2011, 10:38:48 am

Codex

;1394225']Try to avoid Computer Lounge these days, mediocre service and excessive charges.

Rubbish. Free shipping and they'll drop everything to help you when needed. I've had multiple things come up with cl where they were more than helpful. For example a hard drive I got from c1 died, cl rma'd it for me even though I didn't buy it from them.

Reply #134 Posted: June 26, 2011, 12:33:30 pm

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...
;1394225']Try to avoid Computer Lounge these days, mediocre service and excessive charges.

sounds like you'll need to back that up chief

Reply #135 Posted: June 26, 2011, 02:11:20 pm

Offline Cowwie

• Just settled in
  • Cowwie has no influence.
CL have been fine with me in the last couple of months and thats on 4 seperate occasions, i can't really much fault with their prices nor service.

Even when i first dealt with them and had problems with their authentication system they handled the situation well.

Reply #136 Posted: June 26, 2011, 02:45:01 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Huge +1 for Mighty Ape. I ordered something on Friday and it arrived today even though:

Roads into Invercargill are closed by snow.
Airport is closed.

Unless it arrived on the weekend (unlikely because the roads and airport was closed yesterday), they must have used magic to get it here.

Reply #137 Posted: July 25, 2011, 06:18:09 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Stores I use and havent had issues with:

Computer Lounge
PBTech Hamilton
Mighty Ape
CDWOW

Reply #138 Posted: July 26, 2011, 10:54:30 am

Offline SheepShagger556

• Devoted Member
  • SheepShagger556 has no influence.
Computer Lounge = FANTASIC Service

Reply #139 Posted: July 29, 2011, 09:30:40 pm
Quote from: Bell;1426496
A guy called SheepShagger telling you to go to the Shed to drink and watch a game of rugby.

This is New Zealand

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Yeah been pretty happy with CL. My only grump was when I found their reward Dollars are apparently only worth 10 cents, which makes the name kind of a lie

Reply #140 Posted: July 29, 2011, 10:15:26 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1405168
Yeah been pretty happy with CL. My only grump was when I found their reward Dollars are apparently only worth 10 cents, which makes the name kind of a lie

Yeah been pretty happy with Jamaica. My only grump was when I found their Dollars are apparently only worth 1 cent, which makes the name kind of a lie

Reply #141 Posted: August 03, 2011, 06:43:29 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
more excellent service from playtech.

less than 24 hours between order and courier arrival. Not bad for 2 day delivery...

Reply #142 Posted: August 04, 2011, 09:21:36 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Aquila Rossa

• Just settled in
  • Aquila Rossa has no influence.
Quote from: Speakman;1406974
more excellent service from playtech.

less than 24 hours between order and courier arrival. Not bad for 2 day delivery...

I think i will deal with them too for my upgrade because they were the only outfit that bothered to answer my noobish hardware questions :)

Reply #143 Posted: August 05, 2011, 09:21:38 pm

Offline Vitriol

• Just settled in
  • Vitriol has no influence.
Ordered some stuff through Playtech: PSU, RAM and BF3 preorder :) The RAM I ordered was out of stock so they rung me today to let me know that and upgraded me to better RAM at no additional charge. 10/10 would shop again.

Reply #144 Posted: August 28, 2011, 01:26:46 pm

Offline GoldenMild

• Just settled in
  • GoldenMild has no influence.
Playtech is the shinezzles order CPU yesterday and arrived this morning (Really good as i Live in south island on Rural Delivery to), Today I order SSD, Win7 and Ram, was the same as Vitriol ram was out of stock upgraded me from CL9 to CL8 for no extra cost. Really happy with there service.

Still wait on orders from CL that I placed yesterday but should be here tomorrow.

Reply #145 Posted: August 31, 2011, 05:17:07 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I see that Expert InfoTech is a "reliable supplier", but has a 'dubious' RMA response time.

I enquired with another retailer to price match a product that Expert Info had in stock but was told they couldn't due to certain reasons and to be careful when ordering via Expert Infotech because of their warranty services.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I am thinking about ordering something from Expert Infotech but am a little hesitant.

Reply #146 Posted: September 05, 2011, 03:29:27 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
a lot of einfo is grey market rii, eg buy a canon camera, you will need to send it to HK for warranty repair.

Reply #147 Posted: September 05, 2011, 03:45:06 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
An item I want to purchase is imported, so it will probably have to go back to lala land if it falls over.

Reply #148 Posted: September 05, 2011, 03:47:01 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
yes, but, I do think einfo does it for you, you send to them, they send away, you wait 37 months and get repaired item back ;)

Reply #149 Posted: September 05, 2011, 03:56:37 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!