Topic: What grinds your gears?

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Most better chess pieces have felt bases. I consider getting a new chess set, but as a vegan I do not want to use animal products. Felt is often, but not exclusively, made of wool. What are felt bases of chess pieces made of?
*flailing gesticulations of anger*

Vegan powers!

Reply #425 Posted: June 25, 2014, 04:30:49 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #426 Posted: June 28, 2014, 10:14:52 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Steam grinds my gears.
When you're in another country all of a sudden it'll forget that you pay in USD and switch currencies (after being logged in for a certain amount of time). The games are more expensive in pounds, and not just because of exchange rate to NZ, conversion to USD also leaves a fair few dollars unaccounted for.
Steam community (thus your wishlist) always displays in foreign currency.
But even when you do check out in your normal currency (USD) you get all the way through, then pay after checking currency, then the reciept screen... suddenly $35USD is 35GBP and you've apparently spent twice as much as you intended/needed to. So off you go in a panic to check your NZ bank account, and thank fuck it's only charged in USD ($40NZD as opposed to $70), but that's a serious wind up.

Reply #427 Posted: June 29, 2014, 08:48:01 pm

Offline Pyromanik

"eltse".
Eltse grinds my gears like nothing else.

Reply #428 Posted: July 01, 2014, 10:41:33 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
"eltse".
Eltse grinds my gears like nothing else.

For me its "arx/arcs" instead of ask..

I want to go all Samuel L Jackson every time I hear that.. go on.. say what one more time motherfucker

Reply #429 Posted: July 01, 2014, 09:58:32 pm

Offline Pyromanik

People so fucking retarded they don't even know how their own job works... and they're the fucking manager.

Reply #430 Posted: July 02, 2014, 06:02:30 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
People who ask a question despite the answer being right in front of them. Quite literally.

Today I had some fucker ask how long a report would take to load... My response in the end was "quite a while if you don't click the button to run it"...

Reply #431 Posted: July 02, 2014, 04:08:40 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I hate people who say fuck the police, and all the facebook pages / comments related to it.

And anyone who uses the word "Pig" to refer to cops. Grates me really badly.

Reply #432 Posted: July 02, 2014, 04:31:50 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Quantum

• Game Server Admin
  • Quantum has no influence.
I hate people who say fuck the police, and all the facebook pages / comments related to it.

Fuck the police Dads a cop

Reply #433 Posted: July 02, 2014, 04:38:47 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Couriers who turn up while you are in the shower, and leave a card-to-call, and run away.
Card-To-Calls that state "Saturday delivery is now $5, and your item won't be ready to pick up until tomorrow, trolololol"

Reply #434 Posted: July 08, 2014, 10:11:54 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Couriers who turn up while you are in the shower, and leave a card-to-call, and run away.
Card-To-Calls that state "Saturday delivery is now $5, and your item won't be ready to pick up until tomorrow, trolololol"
You don't shower...

Reply #435 Posted: July 08, 2014, 12:14:19 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
You don't shower...

I hear he waits for the courier then runs to the shower quick so he can then yell hang on and then run to the door in just a towel and catch the courier unaware...

Reply #436 Posted: July 08, 2014, 12:17:54 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Sucky courier.
I've never experienced this.

Reply #437 Posted: July 08, 2014, 06:34:31 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
What? What is this?!

Thigh Gap Surfaces as Teenage Girls New Image Obsession
Someone tell me this is a joke. In what kind of idiot future is this ever an issue?

Reply #438 Posted: July 13, 2014, 11:29:18 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
There's nothing hotter than a woman with big strong thighs.

Snu snu.

Reply #439 Posted: July 13, 2014, 11:38:44 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
What? What is this?!
Thigh Gap Surfaces as Teenage Girls New Image Obsession
Someone tell me this is a joke. In what kind of idiot future is this ever an issue?

Err, I think it started as one originally, at least...maybe....

Ja'mie King on Being Quiche
Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:06:23 am by `Kayne

Reply #440 Posted: July 14, 2014, 12:47:54 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Pyromanik

What grinds my gears?
Lazy fucks that won't do their own job.

I mean, why do your job when you can complain to IT and get them to do your job for you?
Just blame the system for your incompetencies.
It's a flawed system anyway, so hopefully no one will notice.

EXCEPT THE FUCKING SUPPORT GUY WHO MAINTAINS THE SYSTEM, THE SAME GUY YOU'RE TRYING TO GET TO DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU

Reply #441 Posted: July 14, 2014, 01:06:36 am

Codex

Snu snu.
DEATH BY SNU SNU

What grinds my gears?
Lazy fucks that won't do their own job.

I mean, why do your job when you can complain to IT and get them to do your job for you?
Just blame the system for your incompetencies.
It's a flawed system anyway, so hopefully no one will notice.

EXCEPT THE FUCKING SUPPORT GUY WHO MAINTAINS THE SYSTEM, THE SAME GUY YOU'RE TRYING TO GET TO DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU
Lol I know the feeling dude...

What grinds my gears, petty arguments, not from me, but around me, then trying to drag me into them, noped the fuck out of that one

Reply #442 Posted: July 14, 2014, 08:34:53 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Stupid small talk.

Like small talk Kiwis seem to be notorious for. As well as Kiwis saying thank you in response to someone saying thank you.

Just Kiwi's really.

Reply #443 Posted: July 14, 2014, 09:32:11 am

Codex

Stupid small talk.

Like small talk Kiwis seem to be notorious for. As well as Kiwis saying thank you in response to someone saying thank you.

Just Kiwi's really.
The kiwi thank you game is nothing compared to the canadian sorry game

Reply #444 Posted: July 14, 2014, 09:58:57 am

Offline Pyromanik

I hate entitled fuckwits.
"getting a passport is supposed to take less than 3 weeks, so it's the government's fault I've had to cancel my entire family's holiday that we've had booked for 6 months because they didn't get my passport to me on time"
WHY ARE YOU GETTING A PASSPORT _AFTER_ BOOKING YOUR HOLIDAY!?

Basically just morons.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. But I'm sorry you feel that way.

Reply #445 Posted: July 14, 2014, 11:40:50 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
I hate entitled fuckwits.
"getting a passport is supposed to take less than 3 weeks, so it's the government's fault I've had to cancel my entire family's holiday that we've had booked for 6 months because they didn't get my passport to me on time"
WHY ARE YOU GETTING A PASSPORT _AFTER_ BOOKING YOUR HOLIDAY!?

Basically just morons.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. But I'm sorry you feel that way.

How can someone book a holiday 6 months in advance and be so lazy to not get the passport done...

I mean yeah, if you waited 3 weeks on the dot for a passport it sucks, but plan yo life better.....

My Dad... my 75 year old dad, renewed his passport online with the iGovt login etc. and got his passport in 5 days.

Reply #446 Posted: July 14, 2014, 12:09:39 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Dicks should have paid for the expedited fee - 3 days.

Fucking useless human beings.

Reply #447 Posted: July 14, 2014, 12:44:48 pm

Offline Phlex

• Addicted
  • Phlex has no influence.
So this is where these forums went

Reply #448 Posted: July 14, 2014, 01:45:42 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

It's an old boys club now.

Did you bring whiskey and cigars? Drop them here then go and see Arsey to sign the guestbook.

Reply #449 Posted: July 14, 2014, 01:50:50 pm