Topic: What grinds your gears?

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
  • Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
Who the fuck burnt down the pirate ship in Hastings?!  >:( >:( >:( >:(
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11428150
A 20 metre timber pirate ship which was a centrepiece of Hastings' Splash Planet theme park for almost 50 years has been destroyed in an Easter Sunday arson.

The ship, built mainly by volunteers and an original attraction when the park was first established as Fantasyland in 1967, was ablaze when the first of three fire crews from Hastings and Napier arrived after the alarm was raised at 6.01am.

They need to walk the plank

Why...Why do people do this sort of stuff!  :o

Reply #725 Posted: April 05, 2015, 06:48:47 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
That place is a shit hole.

Reply #726 Posted: April 05, 2015, 08:18:49 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Speaking of pirate ships, what ever happened to the Pirate ship restaurant blunder in manukau?

I realise it was shut down a few months after opening, but did they really need to move the shell of the ship?

Reply #727 Posted: April 05, 2015, 11:48:02 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Yeah I saw the thing about the pirate ship in Hastings.. I had fond memories of playing on that as a kid in the 80's.

Reply #728 Posted: April 06, 2015, 06:00:46 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Speaking of pirate ships, what ever happened to the Pirate ship restaurant blunder in manukau?

I realise it was shut down a few months after opening, but did they really need to move the shell of the ship?

I used to drive past that place a lot.
They should have left the building as is, someone could have made it into a house.

Yes, I would want to live in a Pirate ship. Kayne, you could be Smee, and I'll be Captain Hook. We can spend our days drinking Rum and plotting revenge on Peter Pan.

Reply #729 Posted: April 07, 2015, 06:12:44 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I wouldn't of questioned the fact one bit.

Maybe the fact that it was in manukau, however, would raise concern.

Reply #730 Posted: April 07, 2015, 05:51:08 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Pirates of the Manukau harbour.

Reply #731 Posted: April 08, 2015, 05:19:03 am

This whole hair pulling thing.

At first I was like, this just fucking weird, what a creepy guy.

But now the media are making such a big deal about it, I'm over it. Front page news on the paper. Top story on the news, it's just ridiculous.

Reply #732 Posted: April 24, 2015, 05:40:27 am

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
agree, it seems rather silly all the attention it's getting now.

Reply #733 Posted: April 24, 2015, 10:08:47 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Its because it is a super weird creepy thing.. and weird creepy things should NOT be done by the guy whos running the country :-)

Reply #734 Posted: April 25, 2015, 12:39:43 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!

Reply #735 Posted: April 25, 2015, 02:50:40 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Yes. yes they are.. Normally I find MC's are not too bad, but clearly the Rebels are disrepectful pigfuckers.

Reply #736 Posted: April 25, 2015, 06:34:10 pm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11439856

Customers who sign up to free trials are worth considerably less than their full-paying equivalents, a new survey has found.

The study found many free-trial customers disappeared swiftly after the trial period,

No fucking way?!

Reply #737 Posted: April 28, 2015, 06:58:10 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
In related news, I'm still sad I didn't use my unlimited emails to bankrupt Lightbox with free Hell Pizza per trial account, and keep myself fed for a year.

Reply #738 Posted: April 28, 2015, 09:55:22 pm

In related news, I'm still sad I didn't use my unlimited emails to bankrupt Lightbox with free Hell Pizza per trial account, and keep myself fed for a year.

I had the same idea.

1@mydomain.com
2@mydomain.com
3@mydomain.com

Reply #739 Posted: April 29, 2015, 05:25:04 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator

I had the same idea.

1@mydomain.com
2@mydomain.com
3@mydomain.com

zactly.. and I have multiple domains :-P

Reply #740 Posted: April 29, 2015, 02:54:47 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Man I hope this ponty tail thing keeps going and John Key ends up admitting that he has some sort of weird sexual fetish with pony tails, then he has to appear in court because he's been seen touching the pony tails of a few young girls and he gets booted out of parliament. It's NZ's Clinton and Lewinsky.

Dreams are free.

Reply #741 Posted: April 29, 2015, 03:24:38 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
People who think the PM/ponytail thing is on par with the Lewinsky/Clinton affair.

Surveillance, poverty, housing, selling things to the Chinese are all topics worthy of debate, and the left make some excellent points and certainly restrict the extreme right from going too far. But I kind of miss the left having a good point now, this ponytail thing is such utter bullshit.

Reply #742 Posted: April 29, 2015, 06:00:11 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

The ponytail thing will probably end up being good for Key, even now it's less about him and more about how her identity was revealed by the New Zealand Herald.

He's an article about it in the New Zealand Herald.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11440453

Reply #743 Posted: April 29, 2015, 06:24:11 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
The NZ media doesn't really make sense. When John Key is doing truly bad shit, you might see the odd article come onto the front page, but hardly any intense coverage. Almost like oh well hes done it, lets just move on. But when something stupid like this comes along, its front page news and seems to continue well into the next week.

I am starting to subscribe more and more to my friends theory that there is some fishy business in the NZ media. Might look into making the tinfoil hat this weekend.

Reply #744 Posted: April 29, 2015, 06:43:10 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
The NZ media doesn't really make sense. When John Key is doing truly bad shit, you might see the odd article come onto the front page, but hardly any intense coverage. Almost like oh well hes done it, lets just move on. But when something stupid like this comes along, its front page news and seems to continue well into the next week.

I am starting to subscribe more and more to my friends theory that there is some fishy business in the NZ media. Might look into making the tinfoil hat this weekend.

It's important to get the shiny side the right way, otherwise it just amplifies due to Lenz's law

Reply #745 Posted: April 29, 2015, 07:02:53 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
I'm sure I've said this before.

I don't know why I click onto these things in my news feed.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=845655738853712&id=136587166427243&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

Denise Pirini : Yup weve been pulled up at the bottom of a hill getting a bit of speed to climb it. Near kawakawa state highway 1. So stupid getting pulled over on a hill.

Retard

David Skelton : Getting people to constantly take there eyes off the road and check there speedometer is just stupidity . Its like reading text messages when driving . Stupidity in general sums up our police force and national goverment .

Fluked his full license (Does he even have one?)

John Smith  : Revenue boost! Still not sure what the speed limit is anymore! 1km, 4km or 10km?

My fucking god, Is the number enclosed in the red circle too fucking hard to understand?

Look - I realise my dad was a cop, and so that may make me inclined to trust / like / have faith in them.

But fuck me sides, slap me sweetly, and kiss me gently, How ignorant do you have to be to truly believe that you are right when you say dumb shit like above.

Honestly - Fuck you NZ drivers. Learn to drive. You make me so mad. SO MAD.

Reply #746 Posted: April 29, 2015, 10:01:49 pm

I totally agree with you Kayne.

I heard some really stupid stuff over the Christmas months. That 'taking eyes off the road to check the speedometer' thing came up a lot. If someone finds that a problem, then I suspect that they've never been good at checking how fast they're going, and thus don't know how to drive. I'm thinking how did these people manage to get their license in the first place.

That tvnz article is total bull, 4650%? wtf? Let's just get two random numbers and divide them to get a percentage. They're using numbers back from 2010, how stupid.

This article has more accurate numbers
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11388045

Late last year police top brass had warned motorists if they went just 1km/h over the speed limit they would be stopped. But between December 1 and Tuesday, just 14 drivers were ticketed. ...

In comparison 13 drivers were fined in the corresponding period during 2013-14.

So much for peoples claim of revenue gathering.

Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:26:11 am by Sire NZ CH Spacemonkey

Reply #747 Posted: April 30, 2015, 06:19:01 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
also i have heard that apparently most of the lazer / radar guns are not calibrated to that level of precision.

Reply #748 Posted: April 30, 2015, 07:57:25 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Cops are people. They realise 1k is a pretty tight tolerance, but at the same time..

We are fucking dying on our roads.

Why must we make excuses for this shit? Just so that some guys kids get to attend their fathers funeral for christmas?

Reply #749 Posted: April 30, 2015, 07:13:32 pm