Topic: Web Dev hiring challenge

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Hey Kids
Another Web Dev question for ya's
So i'm leaving my current position in about 6 weeks and need to find some poor soul to take over so have been tasked with writing up the job opening.
I'm got most of it covered but they want me to come up with some sorta little test to weed out the noobs, what is the industry standard for a basic test?
We pretty much need a generalist who can do Django/Rails some php and the general web shit.

chur bros.

Posted: July 30, 2013, 11:01:18 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Actually nevermind I figured something out, I'd delete this thread if I could figure out how.

Reply #1 Posted: July 31, 2013, 12:46:36 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Test them by asking them to delete this thread.
That's pretty much web dev right thar.

Reply #2 Posted: August 01, 2013, 11:41:06 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
I CAN DOOO EEET

Reply #3 Posted: August 02, 2013, 08:49:22 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Bell

• Addicted
But do you wanna work In Tbilisi Georgia and get paid fuck all?

Reply #4 Posted: August 04, 2013, 03:34:39 am

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
No, no,  No. I can delete your post...?

:D

Reply #5 Posted: August 04, 2013, 09:49:24 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Get them to make an american site. You know a web page that half loads, then uses javascript to load the rest of it's content. That way you can ensure someone has javascript turned on so you can track and spam shit ads at them. Also don't forget to put your 3 paragraph article on to at least 5 pages, 6 would be best. That way you can get more pay per click revenue.

Shit you could take it one step further and get them to develop an HTML renderer in javascript, so you can place your entire site into a canvas tag, that would be super ad optimal. You could control ALL the things!

Reply #6 Posted: August 05, 2013, 05:44:45 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.