Topic: Dream Holiday

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Hey dick lips,

Now I am the ripe old age of 30 and have traveled to some of the larger continents this great Earth has, I've decided to put into plan a new trip. One I've always wanted to go on since I was 10 after a short stint in a motorhome around the arse end of England.

Today me and Boo Boo Kitty Fuck (Ms Rii) booked a campervan, have had our leave approved and plan to drive down one side of the South Island and then drive back up during the winter times in June/July of this year. We've made plans based on where we want to visit and the people we want to visit (you fucks know who you are). Our next step is to start booking camp grounds that give us access to waste disposal and refuelling.

However, we're after some advice from locals or from people who may have done something similar. We want to steer clear of roads that will obviously present difficulty trying to navigate seeing as it's going to be winter and we're going to be a in a 5 berth van (we'll have snow chains) and are always keen to hear suggestions on what to see! We're not really paying attention to the touristy stuff, more so the scenic value (because snow).

Any advices?

Posted: January 26, 2015, 10:14:29 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Catlans.
On the way to the arse end of the country, not the Gore way.
Then you come straight up to Queenstown.

Although I hear Gore has some cool things going for it, if you're into museums or something. Then you could specifically detour through on the way to... idk, somewhere.

Homer tunnel is a cunt to drive through, might be easier nicer to take a trip from Te Anau with someone else. IDK. It's worth seeing the other side, but you shit your pants when two wide vehicles (like say... campervans) need to pass each other in the tunnel.

Punakaiki is nice. Not far from Arthur's pass if you're running out of the time for Tasman (reason for it still being the only place area/district in NZ I've not been).

My fondest memories would have to be Te Anau (on the approach to Milford Sounds) and Mt. Cook national park (gett'n all up in that Hooker valley).

Tekapo is lovely. Talk to G-dizzle about that one, he goes there often I hear.
Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:08:19 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #1 Posted: January 26, 2015, 11:59:33 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.