2 (5.3%)
Other
3 (7.9%)
NOBODY
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Topic: ELECTION 2014

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
too many people go to University because they think that is what they should do, when all they are in fact doing is propping up the university coffers and getting themselves into debt.

Nah, because modern say shitcunt piss poor managers, especially the invention of 'middle management' who are frequently clueless micromanagers more than anything else, and generally just capitalism.

Like how in your shithouse beuraucratic bullshit for the sake of it home country, where you need a fucking good pass mark in a degree to get an 'apprenticeship' position in a fucking CALL CENTRE!
At 16k a year.

People thinking shit is a good idea and it actually being a good idea extends far beyond the 18yo school leaver.
Up to the point where pretty much the entirety of modern society does shit simply because "that's what you do."

If the system is shit, you change the fucking system. You don't make exception logic around it, or you end up with a huge muckle mess. KINDA LIKE MODERN POLITICS. Which the premise of this statement forms the entire point of elections.

There, RANT IS THREAD RELEVANT.
Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:35:21 am by Pyromanik

Reply #25 Posted: September 13, 2014, 08:28:28 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Why are there so many parties this year?
http://www.elections.org.nz/parties-candidates/registered-political-parties/register-political-parties
Old Parties
The New Zealand National Party
New Zealand First Party
ACT New Zealand
New Zealand Labour Party
Māori Party
The Alliance
The Greens, The Green Party of Aotearoa/New Zealand
The New Zealand Democratic Party for Social Credit
Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party
Ban1080
Conservative Party of New Zealand
United Future New Zealand
New Parties
Internet Party and MANA Movement <- MANA Movement + Internet Party
The Civilian Party <- Joke Party
Focus New Zealand <- Who are these guys?!
NZ Independent Coalition

Reply #26 Posted: September 13, 2014, 08:58:52 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
What the hell is Ban1080?

Does someone really not like the old N64 game 1080 snowboarding?

blah blah blah

One could also argue oversupply.
I could also counter with outdated methods and means, etc. for a modern forwards movement. Applies to all areas, not just govt (such as research, etc).

Reply #27 Posted: September 14, 2014, 12:34:17 am

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
they need a market pricing system for courses. if you want to study some out there, useless medieval language degree, then you get less funding to go towards it. if we are in dire shortage of teachers, or engineers etc, then they are heavily subsidised and you're financially better off. i know they do that now with resources for capacity, but im more looking at the user pays system. like fairy said, the fact that her friend was studying with little hope, or extremely high competition, had he known better he might have chosen a different field.

the other thing is what they do in Aussie for medical immigrants (doctors etc). They have to go spend a few years in rural places before they are allowed to work in the larger cities. so if for example, teachers wanted to have a cheaper, or free education, then those that opt for that system need to go to the highest demand areas to start their careers, for say 5 years before they can work n the cities.

right now, it seems just too easy to waste thousands of dollars and years of study, doing completely worthless degrees, or having a decent degree but refusing to move out to the whop whops.

Reply #28 Posted: September 14, 2014, 01:45:26 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
they need a market pricing system for courses. if you want to study some out there, useless medieval language degree, then you get less funding to go towards it. if we are in dire shortage of teachers, or engineers etc, then they are heavily subsidised and you're financially better off. i know they do that now with resources for capacity, but im more looking at the user pays system. like fairy said, the fact that her friend was studying with little hope, or extremely high competition, had he known better he might have chosen a different field.

the other thing is what they do in Aussie for medical immigrants (doctors etc). They have to go spend a few years in rural places before they are allowed to work in the larger cities. so if for example, teachers wanted to have a cheaper, or free education, then those that opt for that system need to go to the highest demand areas to start their careers, for say 5 years before they can work n the cities.

right now, it seems just too easy to waste thousands of dollars and years of study, doing completely worthless degrees, or having a decent degree but refusing to move out to the whop whops.

Reply #29 Posted: September 14, 2014, 06:06:02 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Can be difficult dude - i know of a guy who spent a lot on his loan to get his teaching degree. No shit over 150 applications. He has been working at The Warehouse since he graduated. It doesnt always pan out that way.

That doesn't seem right.

I used to work in IT at Massey's Institution of Education where I was in close contact with the programme coordinators for teachers college. You'd always be guaranteed a job as you went through placement in your final year.

Is your friend a convicted kiddy diddler?

Reply #30 Posted: September 15, 2014, 10:21:09 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I am pro institution. I believe higher learning needs to happen in a regulated environment to ensure those learning it are ensuring they are learning what is needed to progress whatever industry they choose to go into.

However I am very against the current system and the cost to do so.

Latest ep of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver was pretty awesome on his 'for profit' tertiary institutions.

Reply #31 Posted: September 15, 2014, 10:28:28 am

Offline Pyromanik

Lots of places help with new teacher education, but don't actually hire after the placement year.

Reply #32 Posted: September 15, 2014, 10:28:52 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Internet-Mana has outlined its policy to provide free university education for all students and help those struggling with student debt.

http://tvnz.co.nz/vote-2014-news/free-university-places-more-important-than-tax-cuts-internet-mana-6078848

Not one student is struggling with student debt, how can someone struggle with a loan which is interest free? It's ridiculous.

I've got quite a big student loan and it has had zero financial impact on me. In fact I've just bought a house.

Interest free student loans makes New Zealand a great place to study, and removes the financial barrier.

The party says the current amount of student debt is $14.232 billion, and 15% of students are living in "absolute financial distress".

Total bullshit.
Caught up in your own situation much?

I know someone who got a commerce degree, got no job afterwards related to the degree, and had a family. Then the relationship ended and he had a big student loan and child support to pay, at his service station job where he worked about 60 hours a week.

His life sucked.

Reply #33 Posted: September 15, 2014, 02:01:42 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Internet-Mana has outlined its policy to provide free university education for all students and help those struggling with student debt.

http://tvnz.co.nz/vote-2014-news/free-university-places-more-important-than-tax-cuts-internet-mana-6078848

Not one student is struggling with student debt, how can someone struggle with a loan which is interest free? It's ridiculous.

I've got quite a big student loan and it has had zero financial impact on me. In fact I've just bought a house.

Interest free student loans makes New Zealand a great place to study, and removes the financial barrier.

The party says the current amount of student debt is $14.232 billion, and 15% of students are living in "absolute financial distress".

Total bullshit.
Caught up in your own situation much?

I know someone who got a commerce degree, got no job afterwards related to the degree, and had a family. Then the relationship ended and he had a big student loan and child support to pay, at his service station job where he worked about 60 hours a week.

His life sucked.

I'm sure his life did suck. Because his relationship ended, not because of his big student loan.

Reply #34 Posted: September 15, 2014, 02:15:13 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Your certainty will be a big relief to him. It's not like financial pressures played any part in the relationship ending.

Reply #35 Posted: September 15, 2014, 03:19:50 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
I can't imagine trying to repay a student loan on service station money -.- And yeah, teachers don't just get jobs

Reply #36 Posted: September 15, 2014, 06:51:14 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Pyromanik

Finding placement in anywhere remotely near where you live/study is also a big almost never.

Reply #37 Posted: September 16, 2014, 07:33:26 am

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Can be difficult dude - i know of a guy who spent a lot on his loan to get his teaching degree. No shit over 150 applications. He has been working at The Warehouse since he graduated. It doesnt always pan out that way.

That doesn't seem right.

I used to work in IT at Massey's Institution of Education where I was in close contact with the programme coordinators for teachers college. You'd always be guaranteed a job as you went through placement in your final year.

Is your friend a convicted kiddy diddler?
hahahah no he isnt he actually looks just like Moby, and he is a super nice guy. felt so fucking sorry for him

Reply #38 Posted: September 16, 2014, 11:51:58 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I have a question for all you old people.

I've never much cared for politics, and this upcoming election will be the first one where I will be eligible to vote. A scary thought, isn't it. Probably because my lack of caring, or "ignorance", I've never taken much interest in what those around me said on the topic, but now that it is something I feel forced to take part in, I've noticed a lot of hate, anger, and malcontent people. Local election advertisement boards have been tagged with terms like "Wanker", "Liar" and "Fuck face".

So again, old people, I have a question.

Has there always been this much malicious hatred around election time? Such active, enthusiastic ferocity? Why is it I feel people are worried the world is going to end suddenly? When I was younger I never understood why people sometimes shied away when you asked "Who are you going to vote for?", but now it's easy to see, because people will turn on you just because you have a different opinion.

You bitches are whack yo. I really don't understand politics and I think I'm quite glad I don't.

Reply #39 Posted: September 16, 2014, 11:46:41 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

This election is special.

There has never been a PM where he/she has straight faced lied to the people, shown to be lying via irrefutable proof and continued to lie. The PM has fucked up so royally that it has physically angered the public.

Also, Colin Craig is a creep.

Reply #40 Posted: September 17, 2014, 12:14:17 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Pretty much we've just discovered that John Key is in fact George Bush in sheeps clothing, and we're not too thrilled about it.

Reply #41 Posted: September 17, 2014, 07:29:43 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
So again, old people, I have a question.

Has there always been this much malicious hatred around election time?
No. But the more you throw faeces at the monkeys, the more the monkeys will throw faeces at you
Quote from: TofuEater;787009
Certainly not judging by Helenardo's petuous little outburst.

Typical Helen, to avoid answering questions on what she knew lets throw some shit around and hope it sticks. Does she really think that people are that dumb?
Considering the likelihood of National winning again: Yes. People really are that dumb

And if Epsom vote ACT again, they should have their ability to vote taken away

Reply #42 Posted: September 17, 2014, 07:56:50 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

There has never been a PM where he/she has straight faced lied to the people, shown to be lying via irrefutable proof and continued to lie. The PM has fucked up so royally that it has physically angered the public.

Lol - Politicians Lie.

Its what they do.

They lie to stay in a job - because its their job.

John Key lies no more OR no less than any other politician.

As for this election - alot of people don't want John Key in, but there is no other option for an opposition leader - which makes people frustrated.

Me personally - I would love to vote for someone, however I have come to realise my standards for politicians are unrealistically high (I want them to be fair and balanced, not implement knee jerk policy, do what they say they are going to do, and generally make NZ a better place)

Reply #43 Posted: September 17, 2014, 08:27:40 am

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
i didnt watch it all because i had already voted, already knew we were being watched that didnt require a genius to work it out but i didnt realise the scale of the watching. i feel sorry for the poor fucks whos job it is to go through pxt messages can you just imagine some of the rank shit?

Reply #44 Posted: September 17, 2014, 09:51:16 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Lol - Politicians Lie.

Its what they do.

LEL. Your subdued reaction to the current unfathomable mess that the present ruling government have found themselves in is weaksauce. They lie because of your very reaction to it, they're usually not held accountable to it.

Yes, politicians are constantly telling porkies but not on the grand scale we are seeing this time, especially coming months after an international verdict that saw NZ government as the least corrupt government in the planet.

John Key should be in the new Die Hard movie - Lie Hard; Lie Another Day.

Reply #45 Posted: September 17, 2014, 10:56:27 am

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

Is anyone suspicious of the fact early voting without approval was opened up this year - do you think JK knew that there was something coming out that could sway most nzers?

Reply #46 Posted: September 17, 2014, 12:14:56 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
you could ask him why early voting was opened up this year, but he has probably "forgotten"

Reply #47 Posted: September 17, 2014, 12:17:27 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

Lol - Politicians Lie.

Its what they do.

LEL. Your subdued reaction to the current unfathomable mess that the present ruling government have found themselves in is weaksauce. They lie because of your very reaction to it, they're usually not held accountable to it.

Yes, politicians are constantly telling porkies but not on the grand scale we are seeing this time, especially coming months after an international verdict that saw NZ government as the least corrupt government in the planet.

John Key should be in the new Die Hard movie - Lie Hard; Lie Another Day.

Show me a Politician who wouldn't do the same....

Reply #48 Posted: September 17, 2014, 12:26:31 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

That's not the point. Making allowances purely because they all do it is what is the issue here.

Rarely is there an opportunity to shit on a PM by voting him out of his position when we find out how badly they've lied.

Reply #49 Posted: September 17, 2014, 01:13:15 pm