Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Popped my Aurora Australis cherry on Friday night. Not spectacular aurora, but still pretty damn cool.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=bfigwdf1.4ra.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=zb5v3b3z.azm.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #2250 Posted: June 10, 2013, 09:49:44 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
That is so fucking cool. Could you see it well with your eyes?

I want to go really high in the arctic and see it there one day.

Reply #2251 Posted: June 10, 2013, 09:54:07 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Nah, for about 5 minutes you could see a few 'beams' of white light, like a spot light. Never once saw any colour with the naked eye.

Going to try and get up a few times when the conditions are right.

Reply #2252 Posted: June 10, 2013, 09:55:37 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...

Reply #2253 Posted: June 10, 2013, 10:40:45 am

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Looks like a combine building.

Reply #2255 Posted: June 11, 2013, 12:03:53 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
LR5 is out lads - GET AMONGST IT.

Reply #2256 Posted: June 12, 2013, 11:44:06 am

Offline genienz

• Devoted Member
  • genienz has no influence.
My trip to the winter wonderland that is the south Island.
http://imageshack.us/scaled/large/708/al7x.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://imageshack.us/scaled/large/259/xi03.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #2257 Posted: June 14, 2013, 05:33:48 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Where did you go?
Where are each of those photos taken and what are they of?

Reply #2258 Posted: June 14, 2013, 07:29:15 pm

Offline genienz

• Devoted Member
  • genienz has no influence.
We spent 2 weeks in a campervan around the bottom half of the south island.
1st picture: looking across the Ahuriri river bed near Omarama
2nd picture: the shores of Lake Tekapo following a day of snow.

Reply #2259 Posted: June 14, 2013, 08:19:52 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
With the storm hitting Auckland last night there was a bit of lightning, which I have always wanted to photograph. So I setup my camera and left it running for a while, got these three shots, which are kinda average, but the thick cloud makes it hard to see the strikes.

Sheet Lightning by mcctravels, on Flickr

Sheet Lightning - Behind Cloud by mcctravels, on Flickr

Sheet Lightning - Thick Cloud by mcctravels, on Flickr

Reply #2260 Posted: June 21, 2013, 11:19:20 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
awesome MCC!!

Missed all the lightening last night but got out this morning to Muriwai and shot a few frames of the blowhole

S T O R M by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

T H E  |  V A I L by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

(had to resize these as the original .TIF's are around 130mb's )

Reply #2261 Posted: June 21, 2013, 01:50:57 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Timelapse from the photos.

Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 02:20:46 pm by mycoolcar

Reply #2262 Posted: June 21, 2013, 02:17:45 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Re-did the above timelapse in 16x9 aspect ratio. Works a bit better.

Reply #2263 Posted: June 22, 2013, 02:03:02 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
This is a cool shot that I managed to grab while in England earlier this year. It was bitterly cold and windy, the sun popped through and happened to beam right onto the ruins of Dunstanbourgh Castle. Times like this I wish I actually had a good camera instead of a run of the mill snap happy jobber. Oh well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7928[/ATTACH]

Reply #2264 Posted: June 23, 2013, 05:13:16 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Went to Auckland Zoo today

Untitled by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Reply #2265 Posted: June 23, 2013, 09:27:52 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member

Reply #2266 Posted: June 23, 2013, 10:13:19 pm

Offline Growler

Great pics mate! Love the king lemur ;)

Reply #2267 Posted: June 24, 2013, 11:04:21 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Lemurs are second only to Tamarins in my order of favourite primates. I wish we could be as awesome as them both.

Reply #2268 Posted: June 25, 2013, 12:46:47 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1527694

King Julian!!

Reply #2269 Posted: June 25, 2013, 09:01:49 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Quote from: Tandoori;1527741
Lemurs are second only to Tamarins in my order of favourite primates. I wish we could be as awesome as them both.

IMAGE HERE

Erm, is this upside down? It looks like it.

Cool though, flooding?

Reply #2270 Posted: June 25, 2013, 07:23:42 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: mycoolcar;1527763
Erm, is this upside down? It looks like it.

Cool though, flooding?

Hah, I was wondering what was wrong with that picture (van looks shopped in to me too).

BTW, Pangolins are where it is at...

Reply #2271 Posted: June 25, 2013, 07:54:51 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Yes the image is upside down, if you look closely there's a red roof which either from the disturbed water or the angle doesn't reflect.

The van isn't shopped in (Unfortunately for the owner). Following the rain, lots of the roads around Canterbury are quite flooded, this picture was taken close to Lake Ellesmere.

I nearly got stuck because my little Mazda 323 isn't exactly 4WD.

Here's a picture, taken today, of the Hotel Ground Chancellor:

And here is a trailer suspended by a crane:

Reply #2272 Posted: June 25, 2013, 08:24:34 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
I like the Grand Chancellor pic. Destroyed/demolished buildings are something we don't have much of here, so seeing them is something different.

Summer Palace - Beijing by mcctravels, on Flickr

Reply #2273 Posted: June 25, 2013, 09:02:10 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
I make foto

Riverhead Forest Stars by mcctravels, on Flickr

Reply #2274 Posted: June 28, 2013, 10:01:35 pm