Topic: Rugby - This, That and Everything

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Quote from: Godless;1257576
Oh man that Hurricanes Chiefs game was fucking tight to watch, massive end for the Hurricanes. So stoked :D

Unfortunately they choked again vs the tahs

well its up to the cantabs to represent us again in the s14 finals

Reply #25 Posted: May 14, 2010, 11:28:20 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Canes game was pretty painful to watch :/

Reply #26 Posted: May 15, 2010, 12:14:57 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
I am fucking tis custard  :confused:

Reply #27 Posted: May 15, 2010, 01:10:03 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1265539
I am fucking tis custard  :confused:

Rofl. You hear that from jimeoin?

Crusaders looked pretty good. I was watching bits yesterday, and they really were looking sharp. Then their uniform turned white with spots, and brumbies turned yellow and the game went on.

Reply #28 Posted: May 15, 2010, 09:35:22 am

Offline simcore

• Addicted
  • simcore has no influence.
Quote from: mattnz;1265517
Canes game was pretty painful to watch :/

How many knock ons were there 5 metres from the line?

Sigh... GO THE CANES 2011!!! ;)

Crusaders were looking good versus the brumbies

Reply #29 Posted: May 15, 2010, 09:46:42 am

@simcore
You Suck @ Counter-Strike

New Zealand\'s most capped WCG representative 2003-201

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
They were all over the place with ridiculous errors. Should have scored a couple more times at least, especially in the last 15 minutes when it seemed that the Waratahs gave up on tackling.

Reply #30 Posted: May 15, 2010, 12:23:11 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Looks like sonny bill has been signed. I wonder what team he will go to. I am hoping the canes or the blues, but he likely to go to the crusaders.

Reply #31 Posted: June 06, 2010, 09:44:55 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
I can't see the down side for the NZRFU on this deal.I doubt they would have paid him huge money for 18 months and if he fails no big loss.If he tears the place up and kicks on to the Ab's then all good for the World Cup.Oh one down side if it turns into another SBW circus but I don't think NZ rugby fans will put up with that shit anyway.

Reply #32 Posted: June 06, 2010, 09:53:20 am

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.
Quote from: toofast;1274560
Looks like sonny bill has been signed. I wonder what team he will go to. I am hoping the canes or the blues, but he likely to go to the crusaders.

Won't go Canes - Nonu and Smith are there.

Money is on Crusaders tbh, most successful team and without an incumbent/hopeful AB second five/centre. That and playing outside Carter helps.

Reply #33 Posted: June 06, 2010, 02:55:43 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
My monies on the the Blues.All his family is in Aucks.

Reply #34 Posted: June 06, 2010, 03:57:46 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: kilabee;1274561
I can't see the down side for the NZRFU on this deal.I doubt they would have paid him huge money for 18 months and if he fails no big loss.If he tears the place up and kicks on to the Ab's then all good for the World Cup.Oh one down side if it turns into another SBW circus but I don't think NZ rugby fans will put up with that shit anyway.

He needs to lose that idiot aussie boxer mate of his imo.

Reply #35 Posted: June 06, 2010, 04:21:06 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Quote from: Zarkov;1274696

He needs to lose that idiot aussie boxer mate of his imo.

And the shit stirrer manager

Reply #36 Posted: June 06, 2010, 04:28:19 pm

Offline MattaH

• Just settled in
  • MattaH has no influence.
He can't play for the Crusaders, they already have there quota of "Darkies". To the mighty Highlanders it is!!!!

Reply #37 Posted: June 06, 2010, 09:04:16 pm

Offline xpertz

• Addicted
  • xpertz has no influence.
Can't wait for Sonny Bill Williams to play for the All Blacks! If the All Black coaching staff train him well he will be unstoppable come world cup!

Reply #38 Posted: June 06, 2010, 11:05:02 pm
<on3.co.nz | CS 1.6 TOURNAMENT #1>EAC
[EAC] HcN.skytech :: This server requires the use of 32bit colour
HcN.skytech dropped
HcN.skytech has left the game

Offline MattaH

• Just settled in
  • MattaH has no influence.
He has to get past Ma'a Nonu or Conrad Smith to get on the field

Reply #39 Posted: June 06, 2010, 11:08:02 pm

Offline Goldo

Quote from: MattaH;1274820
He can't play for the Crusaders, they already have there quota of "Darkies". To the mighty Highlanders it is!!!!

But he's white? :s

Reply #40 Posted: June 07, 2010, 01:01:26 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Quote from: Godless;1274887

I believe he is Samoan. So under hadens definition of darkies, which is all pacific islanders, he couldn't get selected.

Reply #41 Posted: June 07, 2010, 09:51:25 am

Offline xpertz

• Addicted
  • xpertz has no influence.
lol

Reply #42 Posted: June 07, 2010, 11:57:06 am
<on3.co.nz | CS 1.6 TOURNAMENT #1>EAC
[EAC] HcN.skytech :: This server requires the use of 32bit colour
HcN.skytech dropped
HcN.skytech has left the game

Offline Goldo

Quote from: toofast;1274947

I believe he is Samoan. So under hadens definition of darkies, which is all pacific islanders, he couldn't get selected.

On his dad's side and was born & raised in New Zealand. Pretty sure that doesn't come under Samoan otherwise 50% of the country would be another nationality :\

Reply #43 Posted: June 07, 2010, 02:55:34 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Quote from: Godless;1275053
Quote from: toofast;1274947

On his dad's side and was born & raised in New Zealand. Pretty sure that doesn't come under Samoan otherwise 50% of the country would be another nationality :\

Take a look at the nz maori team, if you want to see how peoples nationalities are considered for rugby selection. All the same, haden never said what % islander you had to be to qualify. Maybe if we could see that magic book of rules of his.

Reply #44 Posted: June 07, 2010, 03:07:15 pm

Offline Goldo

What I was trying to say is don't base it off technical availability for a nation.

Pretty sure darkie refers to someone with dark skin ~_~

Reply #45 Posted: June 07, 2010, 07:03:10 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Quote from: Godless;1275153
What I was trying to say is don't base it off technical availability for a nation.

Pretty sure darkie refers to someone with dark skin ~_~

Yea i got what you meant. But haden has clarified, in regards to his comment, that he meant only pacific islanders. So dark skinned maoris don't come inside the quota. Not to mention, who monitors the cutoff into going from a normal person, into a darkie.

All the same, I don't know why are even talking about this tho. I am sure cantab will take (or be forced to) SBW, if he wants to play for them. I think hes got the best chance there, since that seems like a place which really puts the emphasis on team rather than superstars like the blues and the canes.

Reply #46 Posted: June 07, 2010, 07:08:21 pm

Offline Goldo

Yeah kinda silly discussion my bad >_>

On another note, Canterbury chasing Dagg and Thompson. Canterbury rugby, whilst successful, is rather detrimental to the NZ rugby scene imo. Massive player drain into them to the negative effect of the rest of the unions.

Reply #47 Posted: June 07, 2010, 07:40:06 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Quote from: Godless;1275171
Yeah kinda silly discussion my bad >_>

On another note, Canterbury chasing Dagg and Thompson. Canterbury rugby, whilst successful, is rather detrimental to the NZ rugby scene imo. Massive player drain into them to the negative effect of the rest of the unions. the highlanders.

I think thats what you meant to say. Anyone whos any good in highlanders will be going to cantab, if they had the chance. The highlanders best use, is testing out young players from other regions, to see how good they will be. As soon as they prove themselves, they are usually back to their home union. The blues/canes sometimes feel it, but they generally have quite a few players spare, and being the capital and biggest city, it isn't hard to attract more players.

Reply #48 Posted: June 07, 2010, 07:49:59 pm

Offline Zenith

• Just settled in
  • Zenith has no influence.
Concerns about out defence it seems to me vs Ireland. They had our measure for the second half with 1 man less.
We did sub a lot of new players in however. Bit hard to gauge how well we are playing. Israel Dagg looks promising. And the new Whitelock with 2 trys.
Good spirit by Ireland (except for the guy in with his knee and the red card and ruined the contest)
We did look crisp with a low error rate in the first half.
GG Carter with goal kicking and getting 1000 test points and now third highest scorer

Reply #49 Posted: June 12, 2010, 09:20:54 pm
 (Until I find a current one...)