Topic: Team work server.....

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
Does good old Dice/EA allow you to have a server where you can only spawn on the squad leader? (plus other flags of course).

Amongst all their retardation of killing any form of team work, I figure turning off the ability to spawn on any team member, might, just might mean that you get a squad that works together.

Posted: February 16, 2013, 11:50:45 pm

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.
I'm pretty sure that is one of the config options, but it was extremely limited, if the squad leader didn't make it all of a sudden your squad is isolated, would be good if the squad leader could spawn on any squad member but the squad only on the leader :)

Reply #1 Posted: February 17, 2013, 10:09:34 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
It was like this in bf2, it worked.

Maybe its like that in hardcore? I have not tried it.

Reply #2 Posted: February 17, 2013, 10:14:23 am

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
I played it for about 3 hours last night. I'm so massively disappointed that there is virtually no team work. I think literally one round I had a good squad. I've resorted to loading a macro up on my keyboard which says "team play guys, or go to another squad". Seemed to work, some clear out, some stick around and focus on the goal. Mind you, that macro will probably get me banned???

Reply #3 Posted: February 17, 2013, 10:38:25 am

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
Nah, doubt it, you are the squad leader of your squad you can kick who you want. they can just join another squad

MCC it was also the same in 2142, but at times it did suck not being aqble to spawn on an isolated squad member.

I think team play as a whole is niche everyone seems to work on the goal most of the time, but squads, unless you are with a group of mates seem to just do what ever they want

Reply #4 Posted: February 17, 2013, 11:53:55 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Fuck team play.

I just win by myself.

Reply #5 Posted: February 17, 2013, 12:22:23 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline RightHandOnly

• Just settled in
  • RightHandOnly has no influence.
sad to say that bf2 will be the height of team squad play...in online games

Reply #6 Posted: February 17, 2013, 01:19:11 pm
With Age comes Wisdom and Skill.......I have all 3.

I\'m so Leet , I d

Offline bLuNt

• Just settled in
  • bLuNt has no influence.
Quote from: mycoolcar;1518294
It was like this in bf2, it worked.

Maybe its like that in hardcore? I have not tried it.

Yes hardcore is like that.

Not a big fan of this though.  The amount of times you get to an isolated part of the map, and have the squad leader continuously respawning on some other rand or flag.
Only works well if you are in a group of mates as nevj stated or with clued up players (not too many of these around).

Reply #7 Posted: February 18, 2013, 02:02:23 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
We have a squad enforcer plugin but all that does is force people into a squad and doesn't stop you getting a Lone Ranger in your squad.
Do you not have 3 friends?

Reply #8 Posted: February 18, 2013, 02:15:52 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
blunt has no friends. tru stori

Reply #9 Posted: February 18, 2013, 02:29:37 pm

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Quote from: Xenolightning;1518301
Fuck team play.

I just win by myself.

3 times in 1 round

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll253/Nostargate/bf32012-02-2820-25-55-29_zps77bb6a2c.jpg
Team work server.....

Reply #10 Posted: February 18, 2013, 02:37:31 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Nostargate;1518401
3 times in 1 round

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll253/Nostargate/bf32012-02-2820-25-55-29_zps77bb6a2c.jpg
Team work server.....

Teabags you say?

Reply #11 Posted: February 18, 2013, 02:41:28 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Nostargate;1518401
3 times in 1 round

Obvi Shoop is obvi

I notice you don't have a screenshot of the score :P

Reply #12 Posted: February 18, 2013, 05:48:03 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
Quote from: Xenolightning;1518423

I see 0 kills 1 death by knife

Reply #13 Posted: February 18, 2013, 05:55:14 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
Quote from: nevjmac;1518426
I see 0 kills 1 death by knife
I see a bad.

Reply #14 Posted: February 18, 2013, 05:57:33 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Quote from: Xenolightning;1518423

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll253/Nostargate/grumpy-dog-vs-grumpy-cat-take-2_o_938108_zpsaaf9f58f.jpg
Team work server.....

Reply #15 Posted: February 18, 2013, 06:00:35 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Must have been ages ago, she has had a different name for quite a while now.

Reply #16 Posted: February 18, 2013, 06:14:55 pm

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
Quote from: mycoolcar;1518432
Must have been ages ago, she has had a different name for quite a while now.

To be fair, she only got worse

Reply #17 Posted: February 18, 2013, 06:23:01 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
Quote from: nevjmac;1518434
To be fair, she only got worse
Still better than you..

OH

OH

OH

Reply #18 Posted: February 18, 2013, 06:24:08 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline benlav

• Addicted
Quote from: LeadCollector;1518397
We have a squad enforcer plugin but all that does is force people into a squad and doesn't stop you getting a Lone Ranger in your squad.
Do you not have 3 friends?

They gave up on bf3 long ago.

Reply #19 Posted: February 18, 2013, 06:48:41 pm

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
The biggest problem with lack of squad play is no in game squad voice chat, that killed It massively also removing commander was a bit sad :(

Reply #20 Posted: February 18, 2013, 07:19:39 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
Quote from: nevjmac;1518442
The biggest problem with lack of squad play is no in game squad voice chat, that killed It massively also removing commander was a bit sad :(

I don't know the detail,  but it sounds like they got lazy and boxed into a corner regarding the voice chat. Then had to flag that as part of it to get the game out.

Reply #21 Posted: February 18, 2013, 09:04:52 pm