Topic: New to Android

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Emrico1;1520297
So tell me, how are the maps on iOS?... That apple actually made? Good? No problems there?

Pretty shit, that's why I use google maps.

Not quite sure what this has got to do with anything.

Reply #25 Posted: March 11, 2013, 03:08:07 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1520300

But I will comment on the absolute inappropriateness of cellphone/tablet instruments for inertial navigation....apple or android....

Because you know what you're talking about.

Never mind the FAA and all their years of testing to approve such practice.

Lets listen to BH and his uninformed opinions. He did go on a plane once you know.

Reply #26 Posted: March 11, 2013, 03:12:07 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1520343

Lets listen to BH and his uninformed opinions. He did go on a plane once you know.

On a side note - I love my Android phone, much prefer Android to IOS.

Btw - do you have your CPL or PPL? At some point wouldn't mind getting my PPL (my brother has his PPLH and is looking to get a CPLH at some point)

Reply #27 Posted: March 11, 2013, 03:18:02 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Dildos?

Dildos in MY anus?

It's more common than you think!

Reply #28 Posted: March 11, 2013, 04:01:14 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Quote from: The Demon Lord;1520344

Btw - do you have your CPL or PPL? At some point wouldn't mind getting my PPL (my brother has his PPLH and is looking to get a CPLH at some point)

CPL (A).

Nice, fully wanting to get a dildo in my anus. I mean PPL(H). Be nice to be able to land anywhere.

Reply #29 Posted: March 11, 2013, 05:37:03 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Quote from: The Demon Lord;1520344

CPL (A).

Nice, fully wanting to get a dildo in my anus. I mean PPL(H). Be nice to be able to land anywhere.

Reply #30 Posted: March 11, 2013, 05:37:29 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: BerG;1520155
iOS master race reporting in.

Throw that POS away and buy an iPad.

Quote from: BerG;1520342
Pretty shit, that's why I use google maps.

Not quite sure what this has got to do with anything.

If you can't see the irony in claiming apple master race in an android thread then... OK. Best you stick with Apple.

Reply #31 Posted: March 11, 2013, 05:51:18 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Emrico, disappointing you cannot see the original post is clearly sarcasm.

This was in response to every single iOS thread, ever, being pounced on and ruined by insecure Android fanboys.

Case in point:

http://www.getsome.co.nz/showthread.php?84902-iOS-Android-(and-others)-MEGATHREAD&highlight=iphone

Thread was going swell until iPhone mentioned, Swindle pounces.

http://www.getsome.co.nz/showthread.php?82922-iPhone-5&highlight=iphone

Thread discussing iPhone 5 until Emrico pounces.

http://www.getsome.co.nz/showthread.php?81428-Iphone-5-Releasing-October&highlight=apple

Homoerotic Android sex duo Emrico and Swindle strike again.

If you can't see the irony in claiming Android master race in an Apple thread then... OK. Best you stick with Android.

Reply #32 Posted: March 11, 2013, 08:03:27 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Lol can feel the love each have their ups and downs, still haven't opened it up yet anyone after a new splash proof tablet?

I'm hoping I do we'll in a comp to get a new Samsung phone though so I can feel the love from both parties.

(In saying that anyone want to sign up to 2degrees carry over plans? ;) )

Reply #33 Posted: March 11, 2013, 08:09:12 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Spoiled tech nerd.

Reply #34 Posted: March 11, 2013, 08:10:22 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Quote from: Retardobot;1520375
Spoiled tech nerd.

Sorry that you've gone off bro, just one of the perks. No need to get upset about it.
Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:21:59 pm by .osiRiS

Reply #35 Posted: March 11, 2013, 08:19:22 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

That sounded like a line you heard someone else say and you've wanted a chance to use it except it's not really working in this situation.

/jerkmode

Anyway, I was kidding.

EDIT: Now my post makes no sense because of your edit :(
Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:34:12 pm by Retardobot

Reply #36 Posted: March 11, 2013, 08:24:18 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Tensions high in this thread. What is joke.

Reply #37 Posted: March 11, 2013, 08:30:58 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: BerG;1520373
Emrico, disappointing you cannot see the original post is clearly sarcasm.

I'm disappointed you went to the trouble of finding those links.

I will indeed, stick with Android. Or Firefox, or Chrome... But definitely not, APPL.

Quote from: toofast;1520380
Tensions high in this thread. What is joke.

I think you mis-read it, we are just having a friendly poke

Reply #38 Posted: March 11, 2013, 08:39:19 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1520343

Cool down you glorified taxi driver you.....I was meaning the accelerometers, gyro, magnometer (in an aeroplane lols!) and even the gps. Which are entirely arbitrary as the plane has it's own navigation system.

I'm sure the EFB and charts are very handy.

Enjoy flying while it lasts, cause like the checkout chick, your job is doomed to robots fella.
Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:19:19 pm by Bounty Hunter

Reply #39 Posted: March 11, 2013, 10:17:05 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: BerG;1520373
Thread was going swell until iPhone mentioned, Swindle pounces.

This is post here?

http://www.getsome.co.nz/showthread.php?82922-iPhone-5&p=1502422&viewfull=1#post1502422

More of a casual strolling in on it all. Call it what you want I guess.

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1520391
Enjoy flying while it lasts, cause like the checkout chick, your job is doomed to robots fella.

Ha, didn't see that coming. Funny though.

EDIT: Re-read was funny.

Quote from: BerG;1502434
Insecure Android fans UNITE AND DESTROY THIS THREAD.

Directly after my post. What I find interesting here is that I don't promote the things I'm insecure about. You made a pretty random comment/assumption thing there.

Put it this way, everyone is posting a picture of their penis. You have a small penis and are insecure about it, would you post it? I don't think so.

(Not insinuating anyone has a small dick, just so we're clear)
Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:44:13 pm by swindle

Reply #40 Posted: March 11, 2013, 10:37:42 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #41 Posted: March 11, 2013, 10:40:28 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #42 Posted: March 12, 2013, 02:16:03 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Speakman;1520400

you do know that both the Predator and Global Hawk are still flown by humans right?

Just that they are either in Nevada in an air conditioned bunker for 99% of the mission or at the airfield of origin for the take-off and landing....

Reply #43 Posted: March 12, 2013, 07:06:59 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Of course I know that, who doesn't?

closest thing to a scumbag robot plane I could find haha

Reply #44 Posted: March 12, 2013, 08:59:30 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Cool down you glorified taxi driver you.....I was meaning the accelerometers, gyro, magnometer (in an aeroplane lols!) and even the gps. Which are entirely arbitrary as the plane has it's own navigation system.

None of which I need. The GPS is all that is used as a reference, with objects on the ground being the primary means of navigation.

Who said its my job?

It's what I do on weekends, you know, for fun.

Reply #45 Posted: March 12, 2013, 09:01:59 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1520409
None of which I need. The GPS is all that is used as a reference, with objects on the ground being the primary means of navigation.

Exactly, and even if it says you're slightly off course, you can check with the planes navigation system right?

Srs question though, what do you do if it's cloudy?

Quote from: BerG;1520409
Who said its my job?

It's what I do on weekends, you know, for fun.

well, soon you wont be able to have fun, so, ner ner get a hobby....

Reply #46 Posted: March 12, 2013, 09:20:59 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Speakman;1520408
Of course I know that, who doesn't?

What? I didn't.

I thought the whole point of it being called a 'drone' was that it was unmanned and controlled via a HQs.

My whole life is a lie.

Reply #47 Posted: March 12, 2013, 09:23:53 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

If you are VFR you have to stay below the clouds (can go above if less than half the sky is obscured with clouds).

If you are IFR you go through the clouds, using the aircrafts nav instruments. iPad/tablet is for charts/checklists etc only.

Reply #48 Posted: March 12, 2013, 09:24:36 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1520411
well, soon you wont be able to have fun, so, ner ner get a hobby....

There are few things more exhilirating than Flying IMO.

Even bombing around the Cotesville forest area in a piddley little R22 is amazing - Especially when you pop up above a ridge line and for a brief second imagine that you are in fact in an AH64 Apache and you are raining Death upon the various enemy tanks that are over the ridge....

Then you remember you are in an R22 again

Reply #49 Posted: March 12, 2013, 09:59:57 am