Topic: Can anyone recommend to me a good British comedy series to watch?

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Hey team

Running low on stuff to watch and want a break from US dramas. Keen for some fresh British laughs

Sort of stuff I have watched and loved:

Mighty Boosh
Spaced
Green wing
Office
IT Crowd
Inbetweeners
Fast show
Im Alan Partridge
League of gentlemen

So if anyone can add to my list I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh, and if you like a good laugh and havent watched anything above I recommend you do!

Posted: June 02, 2013, 03:41:12 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Try The Thick of It (and the movie, "In The Loop").  It has some of the best swearing in history.

Reply #1 Posted: June 02, 2013, 03:45:14 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!

Reply #2 Posted: June 02, 2013, 03:51:05 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.

Funniest shit ever

Reply #3 Posted: June 02, 2013, 03:53:09 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
Oh, should of listed Mrs Browns and Red Dwarf as I have seen these, but I'll definitely check out the thick of it.

Keep these coming guys!

Reply #4 Posted: June 02, 2013, 04:08:10 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Bottom
The New Statesman
Filthy, Rich & Catflap
The Young Ones

Rik Mayal & Adrian Edmonson. True comic genius!

Reply #5 Posted: June 02, 2013, 04:44:57 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
not a series as such more collaborations, but Harry Enfield, Katheryn Tate, and Little Britain are all good shows.
Check out summer heights high as well, its Aussie not British, but still quality.

Reply #6 Posted: June 02, 2013, 04:48:29 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: PrinceTuiTeka;1526237

Mighty Boosh
Spaced
Green wing
Office
IT Crowd
Inbetweeners
Fast show
Im Alan Partridge
League of gentlemen
How the hell does that list not have Black Books in it?

Reply #7 Posted: June 02, 2013, 05:31:08 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
def IT crowd...

season 4 is about to run for a finale...

Reply #8 Posted: June 02, 2013, 06:42:59 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1526245
How the hell does that list not have Black Books in it?

Was going to mention Black Books. Also;
Peep Show
That Mitchell and Webb Look

Reply #9 Posted: June 02, 2013, 07:46:38 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
Have seen Black books. The list was only written quickly to give an idea of tastes.

Havent heard of those two Sauce, so will give them a look see.

Nor have I seen Filthy, Rich & Catflap - Cheers Growler

Reply #10 Posted: June 02, 2013, 08:02:14 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: EnjoyTheSauce;1526248
Peep Show
That Mitchell and Webb Look

Backed and backed hard. Peep Show is the best

Also: Man Stroke Woman is pretty good sketch comedy, Nick Frost and a few others, some from Green Wing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_Stroke_Woman

Reply #11 Posted: June 02, 2013, 08:04:14 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline SmiLinSniPeR

• Addicted
  • SmiLinSniPeR has no influence.
Quote from: Growler;1526243
Bottom
The New Statesman
Filthy, Rich & Catflap
The Young Ones

Rik Mayal & Adrian Edmonson. True comic genius!

To add to these, Teenage Kicks has Ade Edmonson.

Are you being served? great old show aswell

Love thy neighbor.
Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:19:17 pm by SmiLinSniPeR

Reply #12 Posted: June 02, 2013, 08:16:46 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Xsannz;1526246
def IT crowd...

season 4 is about to run for a finale...

1: IT Crowd is on the list.
2: Season 4 has already aired. Perhaps you mean 5?

Reply #13 Posted: June 02, 2013, 08:37:17 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
+1 for Peep Show: It's hilarious!

Also, although it's only a mini-series: The Trip

Reply #14 Posted: June 02, 2013, 08:58:37 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
some mothers do have them

Reply #15 Posted: June 02, 2013, 09:23:44 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Just finished watching this series and liked it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1726576/

Reply #16 Posted: June 02, 2013, 10:02:10 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Porridge

Open All Hours

Reply #17 Posted: June 03, 2013, 01:23:28 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1526254
1: IT Crowd is on the list.
2: Season 4 has already aired. Perhaps you mean 5?

you are correct.. i meant season 5...

and also new amazon funded show.

Alphas...

Reply #18 Posted: June 03, 2013, 11:19:59 am

Offline Pyromanik

Alphas was cancelled after the 2nd season, and it was American. Unless the Brits have another show with the same title.

Reply #19 Posted: June 03, 2013, 11:57:41 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
no it is american, but coming back... but still a good show.

Reply #20 Posted: June 03, 2013, 12:06:14 pm

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
If you like little Britain there's also Come Fly with Me. Also An Idiot abroad is hilarious but it's not for everyone.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1749004/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1702042/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

Reply #21 Posted: June 03, 2013, 07:28:41 pm
iM

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Lock Stock

Sirens

Spy

and of course BlackAdder
Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 08:10:41 pm by Kopfjaeger

Reply #22 Posted: June 03, 2013, 08:08:38 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Xsannz;1526275
no it is american, but coming back... but still a good show.

Cancelled then uncan'd. Yanks. Gawd.

Reply #23 Posted: June 03, 2013, 08:28:07 pm

Offline Cowwie

• Just settled in
  • Cowwie has no influence.
The Goodies

Reply #24 Posted: June 04, 2013, 07:21:03 pm