Topic: Motorcyclists of GetSome

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
From my limited experience, my Kawasaki KLR 650 feels pretty twitchy on loose metal.

My mate says the C of G is too high.

That makes no sense to me- why give it such high ground clearance if that makes it more dodgy in the metal?

Reply #150 Posted: August 23, 2013, 10:17:09 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
what tyre pressures are you running? too tight will give you no contact patch...

Reply #151 Posted: August 24, 2013, 08:27:54 am

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
what tyre pressures are you running? too tight will give you no contact patch...

Reply #152 Posted: August 24, 2013, 08:28:10 am

Offline Easymeat56k

• Just settled in
  • Easymeat56k has no influence.
Quote from: Zarkov;1530423
From my limited experience, my Kawasaki KLR 650 feels pretty twitchy on loose metal.

My mate says the C of G is too high.

That makes no sense to me- why give it such high ground clearance if that makes it more dodgy in the metal?

Adjust your riding position further forward and  use the foot pegs to guide the bike and get your arse off the seat.
Ease up the tension in your arms, steer with your feet, look further ahead and that's where you'll go. If you look at it, you will hit it!

Reply #153 Posted: August 24, 2013, 09:39:12 am
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: frankytanky;1530428

Recommended 23/33 psi.

Reply #154 Posted: August 24, 2013, 04:24:00 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Quote from: Easymeat56k;1530434
Adjust your riding position further forward and  use the foot pegs to guide the bike and get your arse off the seat.
Ease up the tension in your arms, steer with your feet, look further ahead and that's where you'll go. If you look at it, you will hit it!

I can't stop looking at the ditch.

Reply #155 Posted: August 24, 2013, 04:25:17 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
That's probably your problem then.

Reply #156 Posted: August 25, 2013, 10:02:13 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Problemly.

Reply #157 Posted: August 26, 2013, 08:37:30 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Hey guys have some kit up for grabs.

Small hjc rpha-10 gloss black with both visors,  used 5 times.  Small scratch behind visor mount.

$200

Full one piece teknic chicane suit -  unused brand new with tags.
It is a 54 which is a smallish us size.

Suits slender 65 to 70kg 5'11 to 6ft.

$300. Will come with teknic chicane gloves medium im sized also new used ince.

Full set of all weather gear with winter wool inserts,  in as new condition no holes etc.

Pant zip to top etc.

$200  ono.

Reply #158 Posted: August 26, 2013, 02:29:49 pm

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
  • playerB has no influence.
I wish  was midget sized, would have bought all that stuff.

Reply #159 Posted: August 26, 2013, 11:04:22 pm
sila.

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Just had  mate who is 85kg try the leathers on and they fit him.

But he is still not a big guy...

Reply #160 Posted: August 27, 2013, 02:42:09 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Race track today!

Racing Saturday!

Reply #161 Posted: August 27, 2013, 08:13:15 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member

Reply #162 Posted: August 29, 2013, 10:15:25 am
sila.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: playerB;1530717
http://youtu.be/NDMi_QfKQs4

better done on the track than off it - what happened, too hot for the corner or the bike deciding it wants to understeer?

Reply #163 Posted: August 29, 2013, 11:49:29 am

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
Yeah looks like you went in too hot, very easy to do in that corner.
 Looks like you went to tip in and then changed you mind?

Reply #164 Posted: August 29, 2013, 12:07:06 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7953[/ATTACH]

Fruity bits

Reply #165 Posted: August 29, 2013, 12:48:24 pm

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
Yeah exactly what happened, I was alot faster through 2 and 3 then didn't change braking point for 4. Chickened out incase I ran wide cause it would have lowsided on the grass so tried my best to stand it up and control myself on to the grass.
The face shot was my bike, the forward shot was the chasing bike. I made a big gap between him and I through 2-3.

Reply #166 Posted: August 30, 2013, 07:45:54 am
sila.

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Passed my BHS test today, I'm not even going to mention how it went, but lets just say, I expected more out of it then a piece of paper saying I can ride...

Reply #167 Posted: August 31, 2013, 03:14:25 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1530808
Passed my BHS test today, I'm not even going to mention how it went, but lets just say, I expected more out of it then a piece of paper saying I can ride...

well remember it is only for your learners - the idea is that you can now legally ride on the road to get the XP needed to get your restricted

Reply #168 Posted: September 02, 2013, 08:25:39 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
Get your restricted asap. It's still 1.5 years after getting your restricted before you're allowed out past 10pm, allowed to take passengers, allowed to have any blood alcohol and before you can get a adult sized bike.

Reply #169 Posted: September 02, 2013, 10:31:51 am
sila.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: playerB;1530850
Get your restricted asap. It's still 1.5 years after getting your restricted before you're allowed out past 10pm, allowed to take passengers, allowed to have any blood alcohol and before you can get a adult sized bike.

I am going to have to get my restricted ASAP anyways - Insurance won't insure anyone on a learner licence unless the bike is under 100cc

Reply #170 Posted: September 02, 2013, 10:49:06 am

Offline Easymeat56k

• Just settled in
  • Easymeat56k has no influence.
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1530808
Does piece of paper state you are now an organ donor?
I call dibs on one of your kidneys and your eyes....

Reply #171 Posted: September 02, 2013, 11:09:59 am
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
You're clearly insured with the wrong people (or not as the case is here). Im with Golightly. Would recommend.
http://www.golightly.co.nz/

Reply #172 Posted: September 02, 2013, 12:39:12 pm
sila.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: playerB;1530861
You're clearly insured with the wrong people (or not as the case is here). Im with Golightly. Would recommend.
http://www.golightly.co.nz/

with State - all my other insurance is with them so I gets t3h discounts

just gives me a good excuse to get my Restricted (and then a Suzuki Hayabusa.....)

Reply #173 Posted: September 02, 2013, 01:21:00 pm

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
  • Benji77 has no influence.
When I was looking up the license differences there wasn't much between learners and restricted. You still have to ride an approved bike and your still not allowed to ride between 10pm and 5am.

I don't see the point with the Restricted. Should just head straight to full.

Reply #174 Posted: September 02, 2013, 02:41:38 pm
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!