Topic: Too many SteamsUpdateNews

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Usually I do find these worthwhile, however sometime a whole bunch of them come at once and flood the What's new page.

Is it possible to filter out some of them, (like the DLC ones), or limit it to so many per day?

https://imageshack.com/a/img707/4539/oe35.jpg
Too many SteamsUpdateNews
Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:23:52 am by Spacemonkey

Posted: July 04, 2013, 09:23:37 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Not really its a feed, so when there is an entry it posts.

We might be able to hide them from the whats new page entirely but then you wouldn't notice without hunting them down yourself.

Reply #1 Posted: July 04, 2013, 10:22:19 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
+1 would like an option to hide these

Reply #2 Posted: July 04, 2013, 12:41:57 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
It makes finding the one or two actual posts difficult :)
But on the other hand I find some of them interesting and might otherwise miss the news.......

So conflicted right now :(

Reply #3 Posted: July 04, 2013, 02:32:32 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Instead of being a dick about it and complaining to admins, why not PM Steam Update News and ask him to stop making so many posts?

Reply #4 Posted: July 04, 2013, 06:44:21 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1528110
Instead of being a dick about it and complaining to admins, why not PM Steam Update News and ask him to stop making so many posts?

But I am Steam Update News.

Reply #5 Posted: July 04, 2013, 07:52:49 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Actually, if you guys dont want to see it im sure you can ignore the steambot in your profile.

Reply #6 Posted: July 05, 2013, 08:42:23 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Equity

• Addicted
  • Equity has no influence.
Thanks....Ive stopped browsing this forum as much as I used too, the lack of people posting is really highlighted by my news feed being filled with steam spam like that pic posted by monkey :P Sad!

Reply #7 Posted: July 05, 2013, 04:54:14 pm
"think c2w might be a little to hard core for my skills atm anyways"-Splatter

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
+1 for remove it

Reply #8 Posted: July 05, 2013, 07:34:10 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
-1 for removing.
No one uses the what's new page.

Also I don't think it's an issue with steam news posting too much, rather that users don't post enough so it seems like a lot.

I think I counted something like 4 new posts in total on Wednesday.

Reply #9 Posted: July 07, 2013, 09:43:41 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Quote from: Pyromanik;1528184
-1 for removing.
No one uses the what's new page.

How do you know?

Reply #10 Posted: July 07, 2013, 10:36:19 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Everyone uses the what's new button.

It's easier than going through every forum looking for new posts.

Reply #11 Posted: July 07, 2013, 12:28:29 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
i added Steam News Updates to the ignore list but they still fill my New Posts page

Reply #12 Posted: July 07, 2013, 12:59:49 pm

I added Kopfjaeger to my ignore list but he still stands outside my house at night.

Reply #13 Posted: July 08, 2013, 08:57:46 am

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
I too added the steam user to ignore a long time ago and it never worked, but today I click the 'what's new' button and am not spammed for a change...is it true, is it finally gone?

E: no, it's not true, there's just only 1 steam update for a change

Reply #14 Posted: July 08, 2013, 09:29:48 am
- badfox

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1528200
I added Kopfjaeger to my ignore list but he still stands outside my house at night.

and i still would be but Mohamad Hassan has called me away with an important business opportunity and i must reply ASAP

Reply #15 Posted: July 08, 2013, 10:09:22 am

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
Steambot is the only one posting anything interesting these days.

Reply #16 Posted: July 08, 2013, 10:16:33 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Plasma;1528203
Steambot is the only one posting anything interesting these days.

QFT

Reply #17 Posted: July 08, 2013, 11:13:16 am

Offline BigBoss

• Addicted
  • BigBoss has no influence.
Quote from: BerG;1528187
Everyone uses the what's new button.

It's easier than going through every forum looking for new posts.

2nd this ... all i use is the what's new page

Reply #18 Posted: July 08, 2013, 03:49:15 pm

BigBoss   -   SacrificialLamb   -   Snake™

I've been using the Gallery

http://www.getsome.co.nz/album.php

No albums have been updated recently.

Reply #19 Posted: July 08, 2013, 04:40:06 pm

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
I use the new posts page

Reply #20 Posted: July 09, 2013, 06:33:37 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Thank you for that very useful information.

Reply #21 Posted: July 09, 2013, 07:30:17 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
I came to this thread because there is nothing else going on :(
I'm starting to turn to reddit for forumage which is a sad state of affairs but atleast better than GP

Reply #22 Posted: July 09, 2013, 07:52:28 pm

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Quote from: BerG;1528253
Thank you for that very useful information.

No probs, I am here to entertain!

Reply #23 Posted: July 09, 2013, 09:11:52 pm

What's new?

Reply #24 Posted: July 09, 2013, 09:16:43 pm