Topic: Arma3 Battle Royale

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!

Anyone looked into this?

I was watching summit1g streaming it yesterday, loads of fun.

Its like DayZ mod mixed with Hunger Games, 30 odd people join a server (Some Daytime, some Night), drop from an aeroplane, parachute towards their desired location, then proceed to find gear inside buildings and kill each other one by one till there is a winner.

The map is large, but as people die off the 'allowed zone' shrinks forcing you to move closer and closer to the remainder of the survivors, and random bomb dropping zones also force you away from camping spots into firefights.

A single match might take up to 30 minutes.

Looks really good.

ARMA 3: Battle Royale Mod — First Impressions — Part 1 — Tower Troubles!
Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:19:24 am by DarkVirus

Posted: April 02, 2014, 11:17:27 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Well since everyone was so happy and keen to see this mod, we got some servers

GetSome.co.nz | BattleRoyale #1   203.167.236.176:2302   stratis   16/36     Unknown
GetSome.co.nz | BattleRoyale #2   203.167.236.176:4302   stratis   3/36     Unknown
GetSome.co.nz | BattleRoyale #3 [Hardcore]   203.167.236.176:4302   stratis   0/36     Unknown

Reply #1 Posted: April 04, 2014, 11:55:41 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Oooh, may have to give this a go, been playing heaps of Wasteland on Stratis lately and loving the shit out of it, though it can get a bit dull sometimes when there's not many people on so I guess that's where the "shrinking" comes into it to keep the action constant.

Reply #2 Posted: April 11, 2014, 03:48:17 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline NZFez

• Just settled in
  • NZFez has no influence.
I gave it a go the other day, just think of it as a shortened dayz life cycle without zomdies. maybe we could sort out a community night to get the servers rolling? as you need 20 odd people on to start it.

Reply #3 Posted: April 13, 2014, 08:57:04 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
Yeah i think once we find a good base of players it will be easier to find people to queue up and figure out the queue times.

Reply #4 Posted: April 14, 2014, 12:26:02 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam