Topic: THEY MADE IT HOLY SHIT!!!

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
You wouldn't read about it in the paper if Ian Smith had his way, but fuck yeah the lads made it to the CWC15 FINAL!!!!

Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:13:46 pm by Gutty

Posted: March 24, 2015, 11:08:45 pm

Offline (NATAA)$ Top Geary

• I Posted!
  • (NATAA)$ Top Geary has no influence.
1st game ive ever watched with complete interest quite intense but I mixed up overs for wickets several times. I loved the 3rd last shot were he managed to find that gap was pretty impressive..... Aussies vs India tomorrow Go Australia :)

Reply #1 Posted: March 24, 2015, 11:50:15 pm
I Would Challenge You To a Battle of Wits, But I See You Are Unarmed
-William Shakespeare

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
GG NZ, bittersweet..

SA only really got 5 overs of powerplay.

the moment they called the match 43 overs i knew SA were lost,   they had their powerplay start interrupted and then cut to 5 overs.

I hope for NZ sake India beat AUS..

Reply #2 Posted: March 25, 2015, 07:09:38 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
GG NZ, bittersweet..

SA only really got 5 overs of powerplay.

the moment they called the match 43 overs i knew SA were lost,   they had their powerplay start interrupted and then cut to 5 overs.

I hope for NZ sake India beat AUS..
TBH, the D/L didn't screw South Africa. 298 is a huge total to chase in 43 overs.

The break in their innings was bad, but it was happening to the second batting team throughout the world cup anyway.

SA lost the game more than we won it, 3? missed wickets at crucial times

Reply #3 Posted: March 25, 2015, 09:35:04 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
agreed, dropped elliot catches is what lost the match,  i still think the D/L focuses far too much on wickets based weighting that actual run rate etc, if SA had wound up sooner the D/L would have been higher.  but that semantics.

if it was full D/l and rained out NZ would have won it by default anyway.

Reply #4 Posted: March 25, 2015, 09:50:27 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
TBH, the D/L didn't screw South Africa. 298 is a huge total to chase in 43 overs.

Not sure D/L is really setup to take account of the ridiculous high scoring that goes in the in the last 15 overs now, after they changed the rules. I think SA would of much preferred playing out the innings and putting up 350+.

Reply #5 Posted: March 25, 2015, 12:45:25 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Not sure D/L is really setup to take account of the ridiculous high scoring that goes in the in the last 15 overs now, after they changed the rules. I think SA would of much preferred playing out the innings and putting up 350+.

yep this ^

Reply #6 Posted: March 25, 2015, 01:24:47 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
If SA got 350 off 50 the RRPO would be 7.01, the DL set a RRPO at 6.98.

Bugger all difference. The only advantage of 350+ is that it looks bigger.

Fielding errors were the difference.

Reply #7 Posted: March 25, 2015, 01:47:29 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
If SA got 350 off 50 the RRPO would be 7.01, the DL set a RRPO at 6.98.

Bugger all difference. The only advantage of 350+ is that it looks bigger.

Fielding errors were the difference.

Batting 7 less overs is a huge advantage, given the same amount of wickets. Aus vs SL was a great example of how hard it is the maintain the rate over a sustained period.

That being said, can't take away from NZ win which was great. And from the way they played, they probably could of chased 350 off the 50 overs. Seemed to show Duminy/AB way too much respect, when the game was set for a final assault. But I guess that is just nerves.

Reply #8 Posted: March 25, 2015, 04:16:53 pm