Topic: Win 8

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
Who is using it and what do you think?
Have you got 8 or 8.1?

Posted: October 09, 2013, 06:35:12 pm

Offline SmiLinSniPeR

• Addicted
  • SmiLinSniPeR has no influence.
I have the Windows 8.1 preview x64 at the moment and have to say after a few days of using it it's quite nice to use, very snappy don't have to bother with metro at all really just click desktop and its like your running Windows 7.

Reply #1 Posted: October 09, 2013, 08:07:30 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
I have windows 8 on my work machine and it's fine... With classic shell installed and all the metro shit turned off.

Reply #2 Posted: October 09, 2013, 08:10:05 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Have Windows 8 and fucking hate it. Using Start 8 to remove metro crap and make it almost like Win7, but occasionally manage to get into an app that takes me to that horrid metro thing.

Reply #3 Posted: October 09, 2013, 09:44:28 pm

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
  • Benji77 has no influence.
I use win8 at work. Metro and all. Love it.

Wish the $40 upgrade was still available. Would move all my machines over to it.

Don't miss the start button. Hope there is a way to remove it in 8.1

Reply #4 Posted: October 09, 2013, 10:34:57 pm
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Benji77;1532944
I use win8 at work. Metro and all. Love it.

Wish the $40 upgrade was still available. Would move all my machines over to it.

Don't miss the start button. Hope there is a way to remove it in 8.1

Agreed, I don't miss the start button at all.

I use Win 8 on my gaming computer.
Startup time is amazing. And there's none of the usual after login lag that Windows 7 has where all my programs are a bit slow.
However I still don't use many Metro apps, the mail app is pretty crap.

I have Win 8 on the HTPC as well. Netflix metro app is awesome. Music and Skype are great too. The Metro start screen is superior when i'm sitting on the couch with the wireless keyboard, big icons and large text make everything easy to read.

Looking forward to 8.1
Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:02:02 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #5 Posted: October 10, 2013, 12:00:00 pm

Offline whatty

• Just settled in
  • whatty has no influence.
Love win 8
Start button? Can't even remember why I even needed it...

Reply #6 Posted: October 10, 2013, 12:38:51 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Use 8, no problems with it other than some metro apps are just buggy as shit. Prefer it over 7 and waiting for 8.1

Reply #7 Posted: October 10, 2013, 04:31:13 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I went to win 8, used some start menu thing. I'll give metro a chance soon and may well like it.

wouldn't even know it wasn't 7 apart from the speed increases, fps gains and all round awesomeness.

Reply #8 Posted: October 10, 2013, 04:32:16 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
I have now installed 8 over the top of 7, I know I shopuld have done it clean but the temptation of just having everything carry on was too great.
Not experienced anything too traumatic so far and BF4 definately runs smoother with a small increase in frames. All happy so far!

Reply #9 Posted: October 10, 2013, 10:53:51 pm