Topic: INSURGENCY/Killing Floor - Server(s) & Discord - Group

Offline David

• I Posted!
  • David has no influence.
[✘] I would love to see Get Some - Insurgency or Killing Floor servers.
[✘] I think it'd be a good idea for GS to create a Discord group. Discord features text&voice chatting (freee).
[?] Primal Carnage: Extinction hunt server
Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 03:33:34 am by David

Posted: May 15, 2016, 01:41:53 am
~David, your friendly neighborhood human~
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
We had killing floor servers for 6 months and barely seen use.

No point unless there is a definite use for new games.
Just added a hurtworld server but it needs to be setup a bit more.

We are always open to the server hosting suggestions but needs to be a real demand for them
Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:02:12 am by Gutty

Reply #1 Posted: May 15, 2016, 01:59:00 am

Offline David

• I Posted!
Primal Carnage: Extinction seems to have plenty of players, but not enough servers. =)
I'm going to bring PC:E members here to support this.

Read what this guy said happened when he opened a server (first two paragraphs)
http://steamcommunity.com/app/321360/discussions/0/368542844480407756/

Reply #2 Posted: May 15, 2016, 03:28:49 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
If you look at the high rated negative review on steam

'Not only can many servers be scarely populated in this game, meaning your teams can consist of just 3-4 people on each team. And just to salt the wound on that problem, the 2 sides way unbalanced with the dinosaur side being way superior to the human side.'

The issue with OCE servers is that we have to cater to what has the biggest following (not saying we wont put up a PCE server for people to play on, but i best it will be used for 1 day of matches), TF2 has heaps of servers and all of them get used.

We have had people approach us for pug servers from the CS:GO unity client (quite a high use player PUG/ELO system), as people were wanting a NZ server option, the problem is, no one is willing to wait for it, they join the NZ Server Queue, 5minutes pass and the leave the queue and jump into an AUS one and start playing.

The concept of NZ multiplayer servers is good, however when it comes to objective based / more players the better games people end up quitting and playing elsewhere unless you have a big title player base.

DayZ/Rust/ARK are all servers we have or had which at one point were full, but now see 1- 5 people max, and it just isnt fun for anyone new to join an empty server so they dont.

Example : Rust vs CS1.6 past 30 days

However, i do see discord becoming more and more used, so it might be worth while for that one, Gutty, to the batmobile.
Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:41:42 am by DarkVirus

Reply #3 Posted: May 15, 2016, 08:33:48 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
I need to het the batwing first. It'll be a few days boss

Reply #4 Posted: May 15, 2016, 02:32:22 pm

Offline Suca

• Game Server Admin
  • Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.
Unacceptable, if you have inter web access you have the power to do it.

Reply #5 Posted: May 15, 2016, 04:58:57 pm

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
  • Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
For once I agree with old man Suca

Reply #6 Posted: May 16, 2016, 12:07:17 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
Shush!

Reply #7 Posted: May 16, 2016, 11:47:38 am

Offline David

• I Posted!
It's Batman season =D
Better get the freeze-rays ready!

So Discord seems possible? Great!

Reply #8 Posted: May 18, 2016, 09:56:05 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator

Reply #9 Posted: May 18, 2016, 07:53:48 pm