Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
I'm going to play devil's advocate on this little discussion element... Why should I be to blame for the inability of someone else to not be in control of their urges or otherwise. If I'm forcing myself upon someone, then sure, there might be a discussion, but I definitely think that if the two want to tango, then why am I to blame for the situation I am in?

I'm just saying that if a chick wants to bang, then I'll bang. If I find out she has a bf or whatever prior to the banging, then I'll make an enquiry, but that is the only obligation I have - the rest is her decision.

That said, there are other variables that come in to play - do I know the dude who would be getting the dirty done on him? Is he larger than me? Will this banging bring further banging, or is it a one off for me? etc.

Reply #21450 Posted: August 18, 2014, 03:54:12 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I want to snuggle under your wise chin, Arsey.

Reply #21451 Posted: August 18, 2014, 03:58:58 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Just wanna say I've been on the reciving end too. It sucks, it really does.
But when it really comes down to it... shit gon' happen.
In the end I was more angry with myself for not bailing sooner than anything else.

I PERSONALLY probably wouldn't be THAT guy. But in more recent years I've realised that some people are just destined to fuck shit up. Better some cunt gets his heart broken than go on like an oblivious trooper for years until one day OH FUCK WHAT and suddenly omg. I guess more to the point is that I used to have a problem with other folks being that guy, because I knew what it was on the other end. But now I don't. I got over it. I'm cured. Like bacon. My heart is shrivelled dry and salted.

There's only so many times a fella can go through that betrayal bullshit before he just shrugs and goes "well fuck, this is how it is." And in that point suddenly everything womens rights have done to mens psyches in the past 10 years (women aren't an object, true love and families, etc) is out the window, because they are fickle and shit and don't know what they want. respect for building a proper relationship isn't a thing. Can build that shit for 8 years then suddenly one day in 'in a moment of weakness' (which is BS, I had that once too but I'd never ACT on them), boom, gameover. either reciprocate (the feeling of who gives a fuck, not the act of being a cunt - breakup then do whatever) or deal with the new found truth (and hope it never happens to you). Best to just find like minded women and just have your fill. Get loose. Get cocky. Be the best and stow away the shame for private alone time. I don't care, crying ones self to sleep alone at night is better than a loveless soul-trap of a relationship.

Build a fucking fortress of solitude around the (reasonably expansive) lake, then bridge that shit like superman and just fly the fuck over it. Emotional involvement is for pussies.

Maybe one day the (seemingly) impossible might actually happen. But the moral of the story is the same as the no tattoos theory. Nothing lasts forever, except children. And you better sure as fuck love the hell out of them. Get bored of slappers, then just give up and carry on being awesome alone. Some bitchpretty alright chick, mid 30's and rearing to breed will settle in. Just make sure it's not a honeytrap. Because what's done is done, and at that point yout gotta give the long haul a damn good shot (well, that probably is to say, SHE hopefully is willing to).

And forever prey that you don't have to experience the worst emotion the human psyche has to offer (betrayal) ever again.

TL;DR
Growing up you're taught that men are usually cheating bastards. Turns out the opposite is more true. Men should learn to expect that instead of (secretly) dreaming of true love, like you were taught women apparently do all childhood.

Simple rule: If you're with someone, don't cheat. If you're not, open season. Deal with it.

But don't actively persue someone else's missus, that's dog level shit.
AFAIK we're not talking about that. If she's persuing you... well...

Basically what arsey said. If you know beforehand, then BL with your conscience. If you find out after, BL but oh-well.
Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:43:55 am by Pyromanik

Reply #21452 Posted: August 19, 2014, 10:34:09 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
But don't actively persue someone else's missus, that's dog level shit.
AFAIK we're not talking about that. If she's persuing you... well...

Basically what arsey said. If you know beforehand, then BL with your conscience. If you find out after, BL but oh-well.
This is spot on - my view also.

Reply #21453 Posted: August 19, 2014, 12:36:27 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!

Reply #21454 Posted: August 19, 2014, 07:44:40 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Just wasted 2 hours debugging my stupid openGL program.

Turns out the soft cocks at opengl haven't updated their documentation.

glDrawElements supports GL_PATCHES YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES.

I'm beginning to hate open source software, too much of it is half assed.

Reply #21455 Posted: August 20, 2014, 12:16:03 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Only 2 hours?

That's nothing.

Reply #21456 Posted: August 20, 2014, 05:32:50 am

Codex

Just wasted 2 hours debugging my stupid openGL program.

Turns out the soft cocks at opengl haven't updated their documentation.

glDrawElements supports GL_PATCHES YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES.

I'm beginning to hate open source software, too much of it is half assed.
Ah the fear you instill in me

In other news

It may have taken me 7 hours but I finally deleted 43million rows from a fucked database

Reply #21457 Posted: August 20, 2014, 09:45:25 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Yeah, gosh. If you'd used a propietary system like Spacemonkey would, then you could at least pay Microsoft for support, after spending 2 weeks debugging it.

Reply #21458 Posted: August 20, 2014, 09:46:02 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Damn right.

Reply #21459 Posted: August 20, 2014, 10:53:53 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Why do I keep meeting girls that you'd be interested in, Codex!?

1. Bakes cupcakes.
2. Wears soft pastel dresses.
3. Likes make-up.
4. Is crazy about cats.
5. Cute & innocent act.

Give me the strong, independent women.

Reply #21460 Posted: August 20, 2014, 01:08:53 pm

Codex

1. Bakes cupcakes.
3. Likes make-up.
4. Is crazy about cats.
5. Cute & innocent act.

hahaha, sorry 'bout it :P

Reply #21461 Posted: August 20, 2014, 01:11:47 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

1. Bakes cupcakes.
3. Likes make-up.
4. Is crazy about cats.
5. Cute & innocent act.

you sure it wasn't just Codex in drag again

Reply #21462 Posted: August 20, 2014, 01:47:20 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

You don't say no to Codex in drag.

Reply #21463 Posted: August 20, 2014, 03:34:04 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Zoe Quinn.

Reply #21464 Posted: August 21, 2014, 12:52:55 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Zoe Quinn.

Been seeing that name a lot *around the web* so I finally decided to see what it was all about.

Instantly wish I didn't.

The abuse that poor woman is getting just for being a girl gamer who's finally sticking it to the cis scum filled patriarchy of this industry we call gaming. Honestly she's an strong independent woman and she should be getting support from all of us who aren't born in the white privileged stone age, to help get her the equality that she needs.

This is why I hate being a white hetero cis middle class male, because i'm lumped in the same boat as all of you GUILTY white hetero thinPrivileged cis middle class male.

Reply #21465 Posted: August 21, 2014, 02:03:04 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Codex

Zoe Quinn.

Been seeing that name a lot *around the web* so I finally decided to see what it was all about.

Instantly wish I didn't.

The abuse that poor woman is getting just for being a girl gamer who's finally sticking it to the cis scum filled patriarchy of this industry we call gaming. Honestly she's an strong independent woman and she should be getting support from all of us who aren't born in the white privileged stone age, to help get her the equality that she needs.

This is why I hate being a white hetero cis middle class male, because i'm lumped in the same boat as all of you GUILTY white hetero thinPrivileged cis middle class male.
^Wow.

Anyway; man some of those threats she received are foul

Reply #21466 Posted: August 21, 2014, 08:49:23 am

Offline Pyromanik

some people take themselves waaaay too fucking seriously.

I don't know anything about this, but sounds like this woman is on the right foot here. It's unfortunate that narrow minded biggots are always a plenty :(

Reply #21467 Posted: August 21, 2014, 10:06:16 am

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
It was a joke based on Bounty's post.

Ex cheated on me in my own bed, under my own roof while I was asleep in our bedroom (she did it in the guest room that had my bed). I don't think I'd allow myself to get my dick wet knowing this hypothetical woman was with some other dude, unless her hypothetical bf was a total ass-rag.

Jesus Re I hope you took a big fat shit on her chest.

Reply #21468 Posted: August 21, 2014, 10:24:05 am

Codex

More to the point, I hope he gives me the same treatment, nothing says I love you like some warm flow

Reply #21469 Posted: August 21, 2014, 11:24:18 am

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!

More to the point, I hope he gives me the same treatment, nothing says I love you like some warm flow

pics mate pics

what happened to the post ya self page? was gonna go hunting for some throwbackthursday pics

Reply #21470 Posted: August 21, 2014, 11:47:23 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
pics mate pics

(2)A publication shall be deemed to be objectionable for the purposes of this Act if the publication promotes or supports, or tends to promote or support,—
(d)the use of urine or excrement in association with degrading or dehumanising conduct or sexual conduct; or

Reply #21471 Posted: August 21, 2014, 11:53:26 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
what happened to the post ya self page? was gonna go hunting for some throwbackthursday pics

We got rid of it because you never posted pics of you jamming out with your clam out :-)

http://www.getsome.co.nz/forums/index.php?topic=2020

Reply #21472 Posted: August 21, 2014, 11:56:14 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!

We got rid of it because you never posted pics of you jamming out with your clam out :-)

http://www.getsome.co.nz/forums/index.php?topic=2020

Whoa, was not ready for the Christchurch thread today.

Reply #21473 Posted: August 21, 2014, 12:51:47 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

It was a joke based on Bounty's post.

Ex cheated on me in my own bed, under my own roof while I was asleep in our bedroom (she did it in the guest room that had my bed). I don't think I'd allow myself to get my dick wet knowing this hypothetical woman was with some other dude, unless her hypothetical bf was a total ass-rag.

Nah. My reaction to it was a little odd though. I think knew it was going to happen at some stage.

Reply #21474 Posted: August 21, 2014, 12:59:18 pm