Topic: Server/Connection issue?

Offline shorty

• I Posted!
  • shorty has no influence.
Hey guys,

I have been unable to even find the server within the game, I did manage to add it via Steam Servers but still cannot connect.

Network Failure Message
Unable to query server info for invite.

Is the message I get, this has only started happening after the update this morning. Version mismatch problem? Any ideas on how to get around it?

Thanks!

Posted: September 02, 2016, 11:32:35 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
after the update at 3pm, what is your result??

Reply #1 Posted: September 02, 2016, 03:55:54 pm

Offline shorty

• I Posted!
Same problem, same message & can't find the server in game. I am on 246.0 now though and had a chat with Ark Angel who is still OK on the previous patch so that's possibly it? The server updates the core game at like 3am yeah?

Reply #2 Posted: September 02, 2016, 04:18:33 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
I know there is a couple of new additions to the latest patch, but its mainly the new total conversion dlc.

I will have a look at this later on. cheers for the heads up. feel free to add me if you would rather talk to me directly. on discord(Connect then message me) or steam(link in my profile)

Reply #3 Posted: September 02, 2016, 06:26:32 pm

Offline MadDad

• I Posted!
  • MadDad has no influence.
Hi Gutty,
How are things going with the new update?
I see there are many who just don't like the new mod, but I think it looks good and with a new game within Ark is sweet. I see you said you were going to have a look at the new scorched earth, what did you think about it. Worth the money or you recon to wait for a while yet?
Cheers
Dazza

Reply #4 Posted: September 02, 2016, 09:00:32 pm

Offline shorty

• I Posted!
Hey Dazza,

It looks pretty cool from what I've seen so far, but there are no official servers that I can find within AU/NZ. The unofficial ones at the moment are either 0 players or overcrowded to the point that official servers seem lag-free comparatively :P

I think most people not liking the mod has more to do with the principle behind releasing paid DLC while in early access - especially if the base game has some pretty nasty bugs like Ark does. The other side to that is the people who don't want it to affect vanilla Ark, since new DLC owners can bring back tames & items, or they don't like straying from Dinos in to fantasy.

The start is *hard* though, with the environment killing you just as if not more often than the animals. I'm sure it will become more of a trivial annoyance later in the game, but the difficulty is kinda refreshing.

I haven't played much of it so far, and honestly wish they brought more of this stuff to the base game, but I like it for what it is. I am kinda worried about how much more this is going to dilute the player base though.

Reply #5 Posted: September 02, 2016, 10:15:50 pm

Offline shorty

• I Posted!
Seems like it was a version mismatch problem, am able to get in now :)

Reply #6 Posted: September 03, 2016, 03:42:06 pm