Topic: Getsome tf2 (trade) server ban

Offline New Bee

• I Posted!
  • New Bee has no influence.
Bluehomzee issued 60 minute ban, "reason: posting" after he gagged me and I came back on the server.
Was just giving out free scrap before to some players on the server.

A day after, ban extended. I'm guessing it's permanent now and I've reason to believe that he probably justified my ban with excuses such as "Was being a prick to me", "trolling" or the subtle diversion from the general: "gag evasion". My rather obvious generalisation "adamun aboose"was a terrible idea yes, but the response was exaggerated far more than the actual situation.
Before Blue warmongers my post for "trolling", a reminder that the obvious unbalance of power between the admins and regular players suggests that maybe a serious consideration should be taken for all appeals. I understand admins/moderators are people too, but also that they KNOW that they are acting as mediators [http://www.thefreedictionary.com/moderator] and will not be involved personally excepting 'actual harassment' under the current RULES AND GUIDELINES exacting harm to that person. I believe that the generalisation of Blue -> "adamun aboose" doesn't actually 'fit' under harassment per se, and should be treated with common sense and avoid what I perceive as ACTUAL admin abuse: here, "reason: posting" would be an obvious insight into a general 60 minute temporary ban that took little effort to manage, and hence shows little actual judgement. This long, time consuming post should justify more than is REASONABLE that this ban was not fully justified and acted upon through emotional judgement and lacking logic.

I would also like to point out that the gag command in general restricts actual justifications made by the player. Muting, kicking and banning works, but unless you actually know the admin/moderator in question, trust should not be "handed out" to even the most sincere of your staff, as anyone can literally say "oh, but he was harassing/hacking/etc" and escape unscathed.

Check server chat logs please before you deny ban appeal. I claim that I have not breached any other rules other than my supposed breaching of rule #6. (revised: see below)

Thanks
| steamname: New Bee
|  steam3ID: [U:1:83862885]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:41931442
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044128613
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/theoriginalnewbee
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198044128613
Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:33:00 am by New Bee

Posted: September 22, 2014, 10:52:28 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
I seen this original ban be made.
You were banned for posting a phishing link or the likes. And also trolling.
You were also name changing to pretend it wasn't you. Making your name to ; map ctf_2fort does not help your argument either.
 We don't accept links on servers. We also don't accept people trying to annoy admins by evading measures put in place by them.
Your ban is currently permanent,  but may be reviewed over the next few days.

May I ask why you left it this long to complain?

Reply #1 Posted: September 22, 2014, 11:31:31 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
The rule is to not post links, not that its ok to post links to non-existent domains because you things its ok hue hue

I had nothing to do with this, but the fact that your being a stuck up asshat about it instead of just saying sorry is the reason the ban wont be lifted.

Any problems, PM me, thread over.

Reply #2 Posted: September 23, 2014, 08:29:14 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam