Topic: Ekute's 100hr ban

Offline Ekute

• I Posted!
  • Ekute has no influence.
Guess who's IP this is. Please don't point it out.
Hi there everyone

For reference, my steamid is STEAM_0:0:101061164

I was just banned on the garrys mod TTT server for  97 hours. I do not wish to name and shame but I feel the ban was a bit over board for what was said, On top of that I wasn't given any warning, nor muted, beforehand. I realise now that I may have stepped over the line, and I do apologise, but I would of realised we weren't joking if a warning was given beforehand.

If my ban isn't lifted, then I guess i'll just have to wait a week, but please let your moderators know to warn when it comes to certain matters. Again, I realise I must of crossed the line but I wasn't trying to cause trouble, merely joking around.

What happened was

> One user said Isis was cool, or that they don't hate us.
> I said Isis is cool!
> <moderator> said "How do you think Isis is cool?"
> (Again please remember I was joking. I was not trying to cross the line in any way)
> I said "What evidence do you have that they aren't cool?"
> <moderator> said "I haven't read the karam but I have Muslim friends who have"
> I said "That's still not any evidence though"

When the round started I was running around, <moderator> shot me (I didn't give any cause for him to shoot me)
It was rdm as we were both innocent, in the report I said "RDM please slay yourself", Which might be rude but I don't think being rdm'd by a moderator should warrant a polite attitude. After sending the report I was banned for 5790 minutes / 97 hours with the reason "Pick up a book before you start talking shit".

Again, I don't want to name and shame, I realise now that it was a very touchy subject. I don't want to start fights, arguments, or cause anyone to get their access removed (or my ban extended ha-ha-ha.), but I honestly would of stopped if I was given a warning or a mute, Again, I wasn't trying to cause shit, I was just joking with what I was saying. Maybe next time I'll include a ":P" face? hahaha.

Sorry if that was a long read, I felt it was best to explain the situation fully rather than reply to each individual person with questions!

Thank you for reading
-E-Kute

Posted: November 09, 2014, 01:48:58 am

Offline marshmellow2424

• I Posted!
  • marshmellow2424 has no influence.
i was the one to ban this person.
i basically told him that he stepped over the line b4 i banned him he continued and so i thought being racist on a server isnt the best thing to do so i did what was i believe right and give him a 1 week ban to teach him not to be racist even as a joke. i accidentally killed him b4 i banned him but i took the slay.ekute i warned you ONCE not to be racist and you keep going next time dont open your mouth in situations where you dont know anything about it please. thanks 

Reply #1 Posted: November 09, 2014, 02:30:14 am

Offline Quantum

• Game Server Admin
  • Quantum has no influence.
LMAO

ISIS and Racism ? he wasn't being racist but pretty funny given the name of the game "Trouble in Terrorist Town" hahah

Billy Connolly Muslim Suicide Bombers

Reply #2 Posted: November 09, 2014, 03:02:42 am

Offline pickle-bomb

• I Posted!
  • pickle-bomb has no influence.
LMAO

ISIS and Racism ? he wasn't being racist but pretty funny given the name of the game "Trouble in Terrorist Town" hahah

yea because getsome is never racist. Theres a derkaderk bomb on the gmod server.  Lol ;D

Reply #3 Posted: November 09, 2014, 09:24:36 am
#ExplodeThePickle

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I'm going to patent a new type of toilet paper.

It has a picture of the prophet Muhammed on it, and when you wipe you colour it in!

PS: Islam isn't a race, it's a religion, and its ALWAYS okay to make fun of any person who's dumb enough to believe in religion.

Reply #4 Posted: November 09, 2014, 12:59:34 pm

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
  • Matrixuniverses has no influence.
LMAO

Pissed myself laughing there :)

Reply #5 Posted: November 09, 2014, 04:41:00 pm