Topic: Witcher 3

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I was going to wait until my gaming PC was built before I played this, but I couldn't wait (and the Mrs. wanted in on it) so I grabbed an Xbox One copy last night.

HNNNNNGGGGGG - the visuals (even on console) are amazing. I'm playing on a 50" Sony LCD and it's a spectacle to behold. Biggest downfalls are the typical console issues (texture popping, limited FPS). I managed to get in about 3hrs last night before bed and spent an hour of that playing the card game.

Because I'm a misogynistic shit-bag, I love how they've used the same attitude they had in The Witcher 2 towards female NPC's. Even the old birds have bangin' tits and 'dat booty'.

$89 for the game, 16 DLC releases, full sized good quality world-map, 2 stickers, a game manual, world compendium and a 2nd disc for the soundtrack and the soundtrack is awesome, it reminds me of the golden years of Final Fantasy.

Anyone playing?

Posted: May 21, 2015, 10:08:46 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Gone are the days these forums were used to conversate about games.

Reply #1 Posted: May 21, 2015, 03:57:39 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Everyone's too busy playing. :-P

I'm putting it off till Steam Sale.. I pre-ordered Witcher 2 and enjoyed it, but just too broke to buy it currently.

Reply #2 Posted: May 21, 2015, 04:16:36 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
What are these witcher games I keep hearing about?

Do you get to play a witch? Fly broomsticks, eat children, play quidditch etc?

Reply #3 Posted: May 21, 2015, 06:54:26 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
This Wikipedia article is far too detailed for a fictional game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quidditch

Reply #4 Posted: May 21, 2015, 07:01:02 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
Fictional, are you mentally ill?

Reply #5 Posted: May 21, 2015, 07:31:35 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I got it for PS4 as I need to upgrade my PC as well. Played for about 7-8 hours and only just got out of the 'tutorial' area. Visuals are good but it does drop frames here and there, mostly in cutscenes. Controls are a bit touchy too and take a bit of getting used to. The world is wonderfully detailed though, from the environment to the back stories you pick up as you explore. Finding out why a village was destroyed by a local Lord after clearing the ruins of a Wraith of a woman killed on her wedding day really brings life to the world.

They've integrated the decisions from Witcher 2 into the PS4 version nicely, since it wasn't on PS. You get an interrogation at the end of the 'tutorial' area where you get to make the major choices from that game. I played a good portion of Witcher 2 but never got round to completing it, so I made the choices I could remember I made before and winged it from there.

Reply #6 Posted: May 22, 2015, 11:54:36 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'm going around uncovering all the '?' before I gap it from White Orchard.

Yeah, the back story behind the haunted well (Devil's Contract) was brilliant and how side quests have an incredible amount of substance to them.

I get what you mean about the touchy controls. Riding a horse at full gallop is clunky and twitchy - until found out it does a decent job at sticking to the path without having to steer.

Trying to get Geralt up a flight of stairs when they have bends in them is a pain in the dick.

Reply #7 Posted: May 22, 2015, 01:02:39 pm