Topic: Destiny

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Who's playing?

I know ol' Jimmy Pisspot is playing (Clin).

I've got a Hunter (40) 256. I tend to favour the Golden Gun.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/1/4611686018435372903/2305843009221104278

Posted: September 22, 2015, 10:53:20 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I've decided to give the expansion a try. I'm picking it up tonight.

I did like some changes made in the last DLC when I gave it a go, but it still wasn't totally up to scratch. I hope the internet is not lying to me that the expansion is much better. I would like Bungie to add matchmaking for raids though. Don't have enough friends on PS4 to play with.

Reply #1 Posted: September 22, 2015, 11:58:43 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Yes, we'll need a fire team eventually.

I play Bubble Pally almost exclusively.

God, that would mean I have to talk to you people.

I hope the internet is not lying to me that the expansion is much better

Destiny is good now.

Reply #2 Posted: September 22, 2015, 01:23:32 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!

I've got a Hunter (40) 256. I tend to favour the Golden Gun.

How are you going with Petras "Taken War" questline. I really want a Boolean Gemini, but taking out the Champions on all the planets would take a fireteam hours, and the mobs are on a timer. They always despawn before you can kill them.

Reply #3 Posted: September 23, 2015, 11:19:28 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Clin

• Addicted
Y'know, since we'll be waiting a year before getting the Jade Rabbit on xbox :mad:

Reply #4 Posted: September 23, 2015, 11:22:06 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I'm spending a lot of time on the Taken War quests. They're never ending FFS. Cool looking gun, however I fucking hate scout rifles.

I go for auto-rifiles and pulse rifles and occasionally a side arm.

I'm close to maxing out my discipline, and together with my Young Ahamkara's Spine (gauntlets) I can throw out a tripmine grenade every 30 seconds, or wait a minute and throw out 2 at a time.

Currently trying to complete the Taken War: Earth quests where I have to kill Irxori, Stirok and Darnu however Stirok is being a stubborn cunt and wont spawn unless you take down the 2 Taken captains that spawn prior to his arrival REALLY quickly.

Reply #5 Posted: September 23, 2015, 11:32:59 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
Well, where do you do it. The mothyard? I'll see if you're around tonight.

The sad truth is though, I'm not allowed a mic until about eleven PM when the love of my life goes to bed.

She thinks it's weird.

So I'll pop on earlier, but I'll do some busywork doing dailies for marks and finishing my High Value Target quests.

Rift protip: If you suck at PVP like me, but want to do you 2500 point and top three bounties; Play rift and just grab the thing in the middle every time. You get 300 points for yourself and your team. You can win the match and come out on top every game. It really needs patching it's so silly.
Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:44:38 am by Clin

Reply #6 Posted: September 23, 2015, 11:37:32 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

The 3 of them spawn in either the Divide, Skywatch, and Rocketyard.

My bro is helping me out, but feel free to drop in on a Fire team whenever :)

Reply #7 Posted: September 23, 2015, 11:45:51 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
Welp I've been playing this game wrong.

Since TTK I've just been doing my dailies and buying 280 purps every second day. Last night I actually played with other people and got way more 295 gear than I deserved.

Reply #8 Posted: September 29, 2015, 09:37:14 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I've gotten a surge in 295 gear.

You wouldn't have been playing it wrong. You start getting drops based on your light level.

If you gear up on everything that gives you the highest possible light level before you cash in your engrams, the engrams you decode will be based on your light level.

Also, in the weekends, go to Xur (get an app called Where's Xur) as he is in different places each weekend. You can buy 3 of Coins (you get 5 each time) from him that will give you greater chances at having an exotic drop from an ultra (bosses, not captains - majors).

Just know that you can only wear one piece of exotic at a time (saved up and bought a sweet helm when I already had exotic gauntlets and learnt the hard way I couldn't wear 2 at a time, wasted resources).

Reply #9 Posted: September 29, 2015, 10:00:23 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
Yeah, I've been using where's Xur. Also learned about the gear swap thing with engrams which is good to know.

See they nerfed the three of coins low level strike trick with a hotfix mid last week.

Reply #10 Posted: September 29, 2015, 11:48:52 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Well, I've been enjoying Destiny so far. Maybe that's because I've been playing it between other games and I'm not burning through the content. Only just completed the story quests last night while hitting level 40. Now to get into the dailies and after story quests.

Brought a sweet looking helmet with wings from Xur on the weekend, for when I hit 40.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018433343143/2305843009215671471

Ignore the rest of the gear, needs a bit of work. Also leveling Voidwalker for the class quest but usually play Sunsinger.

Reply #11 Posted: October 01, 2015, 01:34:35 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
Happy Xursday everyone. Hope he has some sweet weps for us.

Reply #12 Posted: October 02, 2015, 12:29:53 pm

lol @ console hate