Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Simon Elliot - WBA (i think)
Ryan Nelsen - Blackburn Rovers
Fallon's son was on the books as a junior for one of the sides (can't remember which)
Chris Killen plays at Celtic. There may be more.

Reply #75 Posted: June 11, 2009, 01:13:21 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Quote from: TofuEater;946986
Simon Elliot - WBA (i think)
Ryan Nelsen - Blackburn Rovers
Fallon's son was on the books as a junior for one of the sides (can't remember which)
Chris Killen plays at Celtic. There may be more.

elliot was at fulham i believe

we had a few juniors at charlton when they were up

Reply #76 Posted: June 11, 2009, 04:39:48 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I think the one I was thinking of was Nelson.

Reply #77 Posted: June 11, 2009, 04:42:27 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
I give up on this thread...

Every time I post here I get heaps of neg rep.

Why does the beautiful game have such losers following it?

:finger:

Reply #78 Posted: June 11, 2009, 04:59:37 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: runing;947097

Because it would obviously be the people who actually follow soccer who neg rep you.

Noob.

Reply #79 Posted: June 11, 2009, 05:01:38 pm

Offline Cake

• Just settled in
  • Cake has no influence.
Quote from: runing;947097

beautiful game !??? hahaha dont make me laugh . let the doco geeks call it that , I just call it football .
also to hell with the neg reppers here ,  let them neg ya . my whole page is red dude ,so what couldnt give a shit !!

Now.. NZ verse Spain . will be interesting

Reply #80 Posted: June 14, 2009, 07:11:09 pm
chocolate carrot

:Shifty:

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Cake;948264
beautiful game !??? hahaha dont make me laugh . let the doco geeks call it that , I just call it football .
also to hell with the neg reppers here ,  let them neg ya . my whole page is red dude ,so what couldnt give a shit !!

Now.. NZ verse Spain . will be interesting

I honestly don't think Spain will play their best team, no offence, but why would they?

Which could work in your guys favour massively. However, with spain having such big names like Torres, Fabregas Reina, Casillas, Pique, Puyol, Alonso, Riera, Villa, and they are the only ones off my head (and a few that I recognised off Wikipedia)

With one or two of those possibly being injured, I know Fabregas was injured in their last international.

I think New Zealand's only chance of winning or even drawing is by extreme luck.

Where are NZ in their group?

Reply #81 Posted: June 14, 2009, 07:46:21 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: Spork;948273
I honestly don't think Spain will play their best team, no offence, but why would they?

Um, to give us a thrashing?
Spain 4
NZ 0

Torres has a hattrick and Fabregas is in on the action as well. It's a good thing they aren't playing their top team. /sarcasm.

Reply #82 Posted: June 15, 2009, 07:22:51 am
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Munc_her

• Devoted Member
  • Munc_her has no influence.
Haha I heard it only took Torres 17 minutes to get his hattrick?

Reply #83 Posted: June 15, 2009, 08:10:38 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
ROFL at NZ sport

Fuck torres is the man

Reply #84 Posted: June 15, 2009, 08:22:56 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: TofuEater;948328
Spain 4
NZ 0

Torres has a hattrick and Fabregas is in on the action as well. It's a good thing they aren't playing their top team. /sarcasm.

Lol, well I'm sorry if I made a wrong prediction. I was trying to give NZ some hope.

Reply #85 Posted: June 15, 2009, 08:35:01 am

Offline Munc_her

• Devoted Member
  • Munc_her has no influence.
We meed more than hope im afraid. Warriors adopted faith, and looks where thats got them

Reply #86 Posted: June 15, 2009, 09:11:27 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
How about that howler from Boyens inside the 18 yard box.Worst piece of defending i've seen in international football ever.
Check at 1.22

Lol

Reply #87 Posted: June 15, 2009, 12:39:07 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: Munc_her;948348
We meed more than hope im afraid.

Yeah, what we need is more international matches between confederations. And not just for NZ - FIFA should do what it can to get quality matches for all the Oceania confed so that we don't embarrass ourselves when it comes to the big stage.

Reply #88 Posted: June 15, 2009, 01:34:39 pm

Offline Phlex

• Addicted
  • Phlex has no influence.
lol, the 1st goal in the 2nd half of the NZL vs SPAIN game showcased the terrible fail our team can produce >_>

"Horrible horrible..sigh..horrible goal"

epic commentator

Reply #89 Posted: June 15, 2009, 01:39:59 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: kilabee;948410
How about that howler from Boyens inside the 18 yard box.

Man, that WAS a shocker!

We should play the Spanish at Rugby let them see how it feels to lose .....oh wai....

Reply #90 Posted: June 15, 2009, 01:42:51 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
hahahah LOL

it was like trying to watch one of the black caps bat

swing and a miss

someone should have queued keyboard cat for that one though

Reply #91 Posted: June 15, 2009, 01:43:07 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: TofuEater;948328
Spain 4
NZ 0

To post when I am not 100% tired.

They probably didn't play their 'A team', sure the names where there, but I think a lot of the loss came at NZs fault, simply the fact that they were playing such a team as Spain, would make almost anyone buckle, and you have to think, most of the New Zealand team haven't even touched a professional football such as in the EPL. With a few players playing MLS and SPL, but generally the team is made up of 'A-League' players.

Then look at spain, looking on Wikipedia, all bar one player play for big teams, Villareal, Barcelona, Liverpool, Arsenal, Valencia, Madrid.  

However as we all know, upsets happen, even the Italy game could easily have ended in a draw or a lucky win for NZ, very unlikely I know, but there was a chance.

As I said, by the end of the day, NZ lost the game, Spain just had to play an average game of football. Torres is an absolute gun, if he had played like that against any of the big national teams, he may have been lucky to score one goal. Fabregas is nothing special, especially infront of goal, he is all about being the pass master, so his goal probably would have missed, and well I don't know anything about Villa, so can't comment on him.

But in the future, I won't talk about anything, as that isn't what a forum is for is it? It's not as though I'm the bloody coach of NZ, so why act so shocked when NZ get steam rolled by such a brilliant team?

Reply #92 Posted: June 15, 2009, 01:47:52 pm

Offline Cake

• Just settled in
  • Cake has no influence.
Ha ha world champs spain beatin 2 nil ! By the US of all people . Lol

Reply #93 Posted: June 25, 2009, 10:23:25 am
chocolate carrot

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
hahaha good work america

Knocked out World champs italy by beating egypt 3 nil then beat euro champs 2 nil

i see that ending when they play brazil though..... thats if South Africa dont beat them :P

Reply #94 Posted: June 25, 2009, 10:36:54 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Italy were very lucky to have won the WC in 06, and have absolutely no chance next year.

Reply #95 Posted: June 25, 2009, 11:20:30 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Going to be an interesting season this one.

I say Chelsea to win it over Arsenal, and Man U, Liverpool, and Aston villa to follow closely behind.

Heres to hoping Man City get more injuries than the rest of the EPL combined.

Although looking at the pre season, Arsenal do look mighty fine, Chelsea drew with Reading, and only won over Man U thanks to a dodgy ref, Liverpool and Man City lost to Atletico Madrid, Arsenal beat them, Man city lost to Celtic, Arsenal are playing Celtic in their first qualifier for the Champs League.

Reply #96 Posted: August 11, 2009, 03:38:56 am

Offline Cake

• Just settled in
  • Cake has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;952205
Italy were very lucky to have won the WC in 06, and have absolutely no chance next year.
nah theyre getting some new players ;) will be different netx year

Reply #97 Posted: August 11, 2009, 09:21:42 am
chocolate carrot

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
I will go with who I always pick for the world cup.

Holland, every 4 years I lose 50 on them:disappoin

Reply #98 Posted: August 11, 2009, 10:26:51 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;970839
Going to be an interesting season this one.

I say Chelsea to win it over Arsenal, and Man U, Liverpool, and Aston villa to follow closely behind.

Heres to hoping Man City get more injuries than the rest of the EPL combined.

Although looking at the pre season, Arsenal do look mighty fine, Chelsea drew with Reading, and only won over Man U thanks to a dodgy ref, Liverpool and Man City lost to Atletico Madrid, Arsenal beat them, Man city lost to Celtic, Arsenal are playing Celtic in their first qualifier for the Champs League.

i have to agree with you atm

Im a liverpool supporter to the bone but chelsea are looking very stong and havent lost any players from their roster so they are looking the strongest contender for the premiership this year

Reply #99 Posted: August 11, 2009, 10:33:58 am