Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
To sum up....

They think hes a wanker?

lol

Reply #2625 Posted: February 24, 2012, 06:21:03 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Well we won a trophy this year :D

was suprised with the Spurs arse result as well

Reply #2626 Posted: February 27, 2012, 10:28:47 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
OH FUCK YES OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES

Reply #2627 Posted: February 27, 2012, 11:59:12 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Shiny trophy in the cabinet again.Yeaaaha

Reply #2628 Posted: February 27, 2012, 05:28:58 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
More of that please Arsenal!

How is it that Theo had his worst game of te season by far, yet still could've got a hat trick?

Reply #2629 Posted: February 27, 2012, 06:35:22 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
No way, he's played way worse than that. He was pretty dire for the first 35 minutes - but he's definitely played worse than that. Jesus, Milan for instance?

Reply #2630 Posted: February 28, 2012, 11:25:54 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Yea, I was more talking about his first half. Was abysmal, we actually would've been far better with him off the pitch.

Yea, Milan was shocking, but the whole team was shocking then.

Either way it doesn't matter as he had a great second half and even if he wasn't to have, the rest of the team did anyway.

Reply #2631 Posted: February 29, 2012, 12:29:56 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
I haven't taken my Arsenal scarf off for days now. It still stinks of the beer I spilled all over it at The Emirates.

Reply #2632 Posted: February 29, 2012, 10:09:38 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Wait, you were there? I didn't even know you were still in England.

Reply #2633 Posted: February 29, 2012, 10:51:18 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Oh, no - I just haven't washed my scarf in two years

Reply #2634 Posted: March 02, 2012, 11:03:19 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.

Reply #2635 Posted: March 03, 2012, 05:08:10 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
To West Brom you are fucking kidding me and from the write up it seems they were deserved winners

Reply #2636 Posted: March 04, 2012, 08:11:11 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
GG arsenal

i actually was talking with my father who is an arsenal supported prior to the game and I said the score would be 2-1 to Arsenal

Liverpool are the creators of their own demise, koshelney (excuse the poor spelling) has scored more goals for Liverpool this year against arsenal than anyone else

hopefully this highlights the need for some new players at Liverppol and our yank owners dish out

Reply #2637 Posted: March 04, 2012, 09:36:27 am

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Well..new lows Chelsea this season. Yet AVB still says Hulk will save the club? WTF MAN!

Reply #2638 Posted: March 04, 2012, 01:59:22 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Quote from: maorifulla;1473198
GG arsenal

i actually was talking with my father who is an arsenal supported prior to the game and I said the score would be 2-1 to Arsenal

Liverpool are the creators of their own demise, koshelney (excuse the poor spelling) has scored more goals for Liverpool this year against arsenal than anyone else

hopefully this highlights the need for some new players at Liverppol and our yank owners dish out

We don't need new players, we just need to trim the fat and rebuild.
Had Johnson or Agger been fit then that useless prick Carragher would have been where he belongs, warming a spot on the bench. If I was Kenny I would tell him to stay home on game days :).
Adam was having a bad day and should have been replaced, with no Gerrard though Adam is sure to stay on. Fucking Henderson, I am yet to see why he is even in the squad... Downing on the other hand has lifted and is now playing well. Bellamy should have been brought on earlier, Spearing played well as did Kuyt.... Eurpopa league next year will have to do.
I would like to see Coates get a run or two before the end of the season.

Reply #2639 Posted: March 04, 2012, 07:58:49 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #2640 Posted: March 04, 2012, 08:09:55 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
What are the Pool supporters opinion of Suarez? Especially that filthy rat dive last night.

TBH I thought he had an excellent game except for that dive, he was pressuring our defense the whole game and could easily have scored on a different day (and if we didn't have such a subliminal keeper - who seems to have come back from his recent patch of bad form).

Koscielny had a strange game for Arsenal, one minute he was making last man tackles, the next he was scoring own goals and completely messing everything up.

Sagna was brilliant, absolutely love him, there was one tackle of his which I remember the most, he was chasing after a Pool attacker who I think had broken through our defence and was pretty well on goal, then Sagna looped his leg around the player and dispossessed him. Rosicky, although he had a bit more of a quiet game -  he is 31 or there abouts, and has played a lot recently, so I think he needs more rest, no idea if he will even play against AC Milan, I'd say Gerv was rested for the most of the Pool game so he can come out firing and score 4 in the first half against AC Milan midweek.

Reply #2641 Posted: March 04, 2012, 08:15:07 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Rat dive? Not sure what you saw but I saw him make the most of an obvious foul in the penalty area, as he is well known for :)
Szczesny caught him, accidentally maybe, but none the less he caught him so penalty... even if Suarez did then go on to perform the first act of MacBeth.

Szczesny redeemed himself fantastically in the end.

To answer you question though, it is a little embarrassing at times to watch him go on but if you have ever watched South American football then thats how they do it there, hopefully he will sort it out as Drogba seems to have done. The skills he has though are worth a little embarrassment every now and then and would rather have him than not.

Reply #2642 Posted: March 04, 2012, 08:53:44 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Meh, the super slow motion didn't do it justice, it was a complete dive, the only contact made was after his feet had left the ground.

Also thought it was funny how the Scouser fans were jeering Rosicky with the 'Same old Arsenal, always cheating' chant after someone made that studs up straight into his shins tackle which easily could've broken his leg if he wasn't such a champion.

Of course this is an online poll, but 84% (1,555 votes) saying he did dive.. They can't all be Arsenal fans, especially considering I think Liverpool have more fans world wide than Arsenal.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/did-luis-suarez-dive-to-win-liverpools-early-penalty-against-arsenal-videos-poll/

Anyway, he lost the ball before the tackle was even made, even if Suarez had not dived, he wouldn't have got to the ball, as it was out by the time the 'contact' was made.

http://i.minus.com/ibhkQ8PCDk6LWK.gif

Rat.
Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:16:44 pm by Spork

Reply #2643 Posted: March 04, 2012, 09:06:57 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
What ever man, you support Arsenal.... nuff said

Reply #2644 Posted: March 04, 2012, 09:33:44 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Haha, so because I support Arsenal, every other one of those 1,555 votes is invalid?

Reply #2645 Posted: March 04, 2012, 09:44:48 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
1555 people support Arsenal.

Reply #2646 Posted: March 04, 2012, 09:49:22 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
You don't think it was a dive? ye all are blind.

meh, either way, Szc pulled both of those saves out of nothing, absolute legend.
Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:56:02 pm by Spork

Reply #2647 Posted: March 04, 2012, 09:53:00 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
No you asked for an opinion then told me MY opinion was wrong.... so my comment was merely meant that you support Arsenal so no point arguing/debating/giving one single fuck :)

@REDM@N... I know! I was shocked too! I didn't think that many low IQ people still lived in London.

Reply #2648 Posted: March 04, 2012, 10:00:33 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I never said that, I was just voicing my opinion. Where did I say your opinion is wrong? Stop over reacting like all Liverpool fans always do. :P

Reply #2649 Posted: March 04, 2012, 10:20:58 pm